LoadingReadyRun: The Job

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
That was awesome; really, with material this good, there's hardly any reason for me to go to any other website at all.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Intellectually funky said:
Hileict said:
...Speaking of which, there's a video in that. LRR encompassing all of the interwebs and therefore becoming the personification of it.
When that happens I'm pretty sure the world will join in one big song of Gloria! or 64k songs
1337 will surely be in the Top 10 best songs ever. But it won't just be IN the top 10, it'll BE the top 10. That's right.. ALL of them! Or quite seriously, Graham's Billy Mays rendition of RE: Your Brains. Because I won't lie, that went straight onto my PSP for constant lulz.

His_Ryanness

Jul 28, 2009
I'm not sure the words "Don't freak out" by themselves are really condusive to calming anyone, especially when accompanied by something that would otherwise be innocuous.

Example: "I see you've sampled the bisk. Don't freak out."

Metcarfre

Nov 20, 2008
Intellectually funky said:
Hey Elomin and Metcarfe are here! awesome vid guys
I don't know who this "Metcarfe" character you're speaking of is, but I'm here as well.

And remember; Keep Calm and Carry On.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
@His_Ryanness Nonsense! I'm sure there's a perfectly logical reason for one to not freak out in that situation. I'll just leave that to your imagination!

@metcarfre That Metcarfe fellow actually seems like a delightful young chap, he even prepared tea for everyone here at the Escapist/LRR launch party. Then he suddenly disappeared in a giant enemy crab and... Somehow discovered another r?

Feb 13, 2008
Don't be crazy. No-one invented the Commodore 64, it was a gift from the Great Gaming Gods, Lord Braybook, Hubbard and Mclean.

I smell a series with these characters though.

Paradoxicles

Jan 4, 2010
I've been hooked to LRR ever since I saw Three PS3s back in the day, and I'm glad they're catching on well here at the Escapist!

As for the video, classic LRR. Way to go guys!

Versago

May 28, 2009
i'd say 'welcome' LLR, but i guess you guys already held 2 of the escapist's main slots.
So really - congradulations on the next step towards taking over the magazine as a whole.
First the escapist, then West Canada, and then someday... the world!

p.s. LOVE YOU GUYS!

ThrashJazzAssassin

Jan 5, 2010
Yay for as much camera trickery and use of random props and costumes as physically possible! Yay for Kathleen clones! Yay for the return of Bionic Trousers Media! Yay for... wait, Morgan's no longer an official crew member?

Boo! Down with LRR, you shark-jumpers! Morgan was the best!

ElusiveTomorrow

Nov 29, 2009
Very smooth transition to the new partnership guys. I was a little let down by the lack of the DotA playing duo, but otherwise this vid was epic to the max. Good job, also V.7 of loadingreadyrun.com is shaping up nicely.

teambates

Jan 11, 2010
daxterx2005 said:
Hileict said:
daxterx2005 said:
Is it just me, or was that not funny.
I hope it gets better.
Care to elaborate at all, daxter? What didn't make it funny? What would you have preferred? I, personally (and hypothetically, if I were producing a weekly web series), would prefer that people who found it funny and people who didn't find it funny elaborate and discuss what could make it better. There's no point saying "That wasn't funny" when you're not saying at all why it wasn't funny. It's common courtesy if nothing more..
I wasn't really going to type a full thing, I just wanted to know if I was alone or not on finding it not funny.
but I guess I can give you my insight.
The character introductions were all kinda lame/cheesy.
Some of them also heavily used pop culture in order to get some lolz...
Like the creator of the Tamagachi, or "the lolcats"
Which like Family Guy. So I guess if you like family guy you'll like this show.
Also how it ended....it felt perfect really gross frosting atop a gross cake D:

I guess if the show actually gets a plot, and changes its pop culture/stupid joke structure it could be better >.>

Also, This is not me starting a flame war. Its me answering a question.
Those culture references, I think, as well as the rest of the elements of the video, can be seen as a way to do three things; make jokes to introduce the cast that can be understood independantly, make a deeper reference to older videos to bring glee to old-time LRR fans, and be able to reference some of those in-jokes and themes in later videos in the knowledge that both fans that came from the LRR site and Escapist natives get.

It was really a video that has a purpose, like Tuscon or Bust, the Loading Ready Rumble, or Merry Christmas, Graham Stark. It accomplishes the premise, and I still think it's quite funny, but taken outside of the context of its premise (Desert Bus for Hope, celebrating the end of a season with in-jokes, the Peanuts Christmas Special), I could understand how you might not like it. Stick around, though! It gets so good.

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
One of these days, they need to take as much effort with the punchline as they do with the setup. It was a good setup, though it was easy to see the punchline miles away while they were still working on the setup.

Reneux

Jul 13, 2009
A very frothy bang and nicely composed, snappy music great angles, I think Hunter S. would repave his own road a bite and say "When the going gets weird, the weird go pro"

Fondly,

Oliin

Apr 15, 2009
UsefulPlayer 1 said:
hmmm...not bad. I hope this show can keep it up, I've been disappointed in the past.
If it helps, this is them keeping it up. They've been doing one of these videos a week for I think going on seven years now.

It's sketch comedy, so different bit every week pretty much.

nnnnnn

Jul 16, 2009
Hmm...I was hoping that the move to The Escapist would have led to panic and rioting. Sadly, this is not the case. Oh well, guess I'll just have to enjoy some sketch comedy.

Nice to see some familiar LRR forumites here.

"It's only three days late."
"No, this is IMPORTANT."