LoadingReadyRun: The New Timezones

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
This show is very topical to me right now, as I've just started to talk with a lot of people who live in different time zones.

Also, I'm kind of with Paul on Daylight Savings Time.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Don't forget OMTT which is Civilization "One More Turn" time. That runs me anywhere from 30 mins to an hour.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
My life is now much easier to organize now that I know I shouldn't even bother. Thanks LRL!

stephen0118

Jan 13, 2010
Man, I wish I could be on the ZZT time :). Also love the backwards one. Thanks, Wooglie, for translating that one.

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
So shirt with Paul raising his fists to the sky in anger with "Curse you Daylight Savings Time!" on it?

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
An urgent warning for all internet comedians currently researching Modern Time Zones: DO NOT research TVTropes Time! All labs conducting experiments into TTT invariably collapse into a temporal vortex that actually erases the researchers from history itself! The only reason we know about them at all is because one of the doomed researchers managed to get out a text message by setting his phone to DNT, or Duke Nukem Time!

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah, screw Daylight Savings...

Heh, yeah those timezone concepts actually make a lot of sense... heck, might even be useful... and that's so damn true with airport time... heck, and wiki time.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
What was that music playing in the background? Sounded like a chiptune or something, and I found it really distracting.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
TVTT TV Tropes Time is essentially infinite- if someone adds that, you won't be seeing them again, ever. If they do manage to arrive, somehow, check the temperature in Hell...

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Paul's DB shirt was distracting, in that it made me remember I have one and I don't know where it is... oh well, great vid as always.

Nojh

Occipital Ostritch
Aug 10, 2009
Incidentally, I'm glad someone else also feels that the Fast & Furious movies, while individually aren't the best cinema ever, but watched as a whole, are amazing. Also Daylight Savings needs to die.

JoeCool385

May 10, 2010
Say it with me, everyone: Daylight SAVING time. SAVING. There's no 's' at the end of SAVING.

Wikipedia: Daylight saving time. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time#Terminology] (Daylight savings time redirects here.)

Herrsunk

Apr 2, 2011
Noticed how Graham's leg was (almost) perfectly synced with james foot in the phone-1-2 scenes?

Planned or coincidence? Knowing LRR... probably both :)

Good sketch!

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Daylight Savings!

This actually makes an awful lot of sense... I can think of a use for every single one of these times.

Trisha Lynn

Jan 13, 2010
Lord_Bryon said:
great video, and I was thinking its probably a subset of WPT but if TVTPT(tv-tropes time) you wont be seeing them for at least a year.
GYAH. Ninja'd in the first reply!

Not a "LOL-er" for me, but I really liked this sketch.

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Proverbial Jon said:
Daylight Savings!

This actually makes an awful lot of sense... I can think of a use for every single one of these times.
Agreed. I know I personally already use a lot of these times - not by name, but I already associate different priority levels with different events' times. Having a consistent legend of codes people use for any given time would certainly increase communicative efficiency.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
OK. I laughed, you got me there.

Still, it's all nonsense. Fun, but nonsense.

The only absolute truth contained in the video is this:

FUCK DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. EXCLAMATION MARK.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
I see I wasn't the only one who thought Wikipedia Time should have been TV Tropes Time.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I'm amazed no one mention the legs.

During the split screen (but not in the stinger) the two legs.

The two legs are one leg.

It starts as Graham's and ends as James'.

I'm screaming.