LoadingReadyRun: Ways to Use a Vuvuzela

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
I loved it, but where's sam raimi? its the staple of ways to x of y or something.
EDIT: ohhhh xD Also twas awesome xD

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
GrahamS said:
Garfy said:
Edit: No Sam Raimi :(
There was a "Sam Raimi-style" shot, at the end. We just didn't label it as such.
You know what, Graham? I personally think a vuvuzela "Sam Raimi" probably would not work well.

First of all, the mere image of the vuvuzela sticking out from the camera would look pretty dumb. Second, I figure someone seeing that vuvuzela would simply go, "WTF?", confiscate the horn, and go Hidden Weapon on the camera. Certainly not the intended effect. Also, if you make a hard fast turn, there's a chance you'll smack the vuvuzela into something, and the horn would fly off. Looks kinda embarrassing, actually.

And what if you run full speed towards a wall like that?...

...I'll...not go into the details of what would happen.

So Graham, don't sweat it about people complaining about no vuvuzela Sam Raimi. It would've been a bad idea anyway.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Blackout62 said:
You forgot that you could probably use a vuvuzela as a stand in T-ball.
It'd probably be good at that.

GrahamS said:
There was a "Sam Raimi-style" shot, at the end. We just didn't label it as such.
Yeah, but that doesn't count, as the vuvuzela wasn't in the hands of the attacker. A Sam-Raimi-style "ways to wake someone up" armed with vuvuzela would have been better.

Mae Aloril

Oct 7, 2009
I join my voice to the choir!

BUBBLES!!

And I love the Paul the Peg-leg Pirate. mmmm Paul alliteration goodness.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Out of curiousity guys what would happen in a D&D game where you pit a Dire Vulvazela against the deadly Gazebo in a fight to the death?

That serious question aside, I am seriously hoping we not only never see or hear these things again, but that there is some fallout over their use in South Africa given that they disrupted the games so heavily. I don't know, the reports I was hearing just annoyed me greatly and with the way things are turning out with some of the hosts of major international events (like this, and the Olympics in China) I'm rapidly becoming upset with the hosts being determined politically rather than based on their abillity and/or maturity in hosting these events. China's Olympics was a nightmare before it even got started with how the citizens were being treated, and Soth Africa's World Cup had these Vulvazelas making it so a lot of the players couldn't concentrate and they were being blown over the national anthemns of various nations which strikes me as being unforgivable at an event like this since the attendance of and respect of the visiting nations is part of what it's all about.

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
To be fair, the car running over Paul was a Sam Raimi shot, though it wasn't labeled. I was a little disappointed it wasn't a listed use, but I can't really think of a way to use it as a Sam Raimi either.

LordBattleSpank

Sep 21, 2010
As a born and bread south african its fasinating to see the entire world being annoyed by wat has annoyed us our entire lives