LoadingReadyRun: Wireless

Strave

Gallant Gentleman
Feb 5, 2009
I've got to say, this is what I love about you guys. You come up with new and creative jokes to play on, and you execute them really well. Plus, the concepts themselves might be simple, but you manage to keep it running for long enough that it's very funny but not so long that it gets dragged out.

Keep up the hilarity! Looking forward to the podcast on this one!

Trisha Lynn

Jan 13, 2010
I, too, have never seen the Two Ronnies sketch, but I really liked this a lot because it's just clever, clever writing. I'm also sad to say that I couldn't get through most of the linked Two Ronnies sketches because of the references that Brits would understand.

I agree with whomever said that the tension of having a breakup, a business deal, and a customer return transaction at the same time made things funnier than a date and a grocery list and I think it's because each person in their side of the conversation has a similar goal (to win the argument/deal) and so the conversations would flow that much easier.

Looking forward to next week!

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
I got it when I was watching for the second time.
First time I watched it I was like: "Eh? Not... really funny..."
Second time: "Ooooh! Now I get it!"

EmmerikXXII

Nov 11, 2009
Same here. I had to watch it twice. I didn't get the joke fully until the end of the first watch, then it dawned on me. Also, I'm Ballin' h-core.

Glen Morangie

Sep 3, 2008
Not unexpected after the first couple seconds, but it was well done. I would say that there could have been slighly more off putting suggestions ("But why would you want to do that on a tricycle?/ I find the stability comforting./ Well, hopefully the elephant won't mind").

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Took me a moment to figer out what was going on for a second there haha! Great one though.

One thing I've always been tempted to do is fake being on the phone in a public space like a bus and say one side of the conversation that would be very odd to them, for example:

"Hello? All right mate... pretty big actually... who? Him?... nah, he's dead... fast one to... yeah, right round the sink... pardon?... haha, yeah I bet she would!"

I mean what the heck is that conversation about?!

Saruke

Mar 2, 2010
Funny but these types of comedy are executed best when there is a subtle disconnect between every conversation consistently. I know how difficult writing like that can be, but there were times in the sketch where it shifted from: these people sound like they really are talking to each other to, they are obviously not, multiple times, and that lessens the impact. But for all my criticism I enjoyed it immensely and this piece further cements my belief that Canadians do know funny from a hole in the ground. :)

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
That was genius, I had no idea what was going on until the very end. Think I'm gunna have to watch it again now I understand it.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
misterprickly said:
Did that guy in the front just do a product placement?!

Look at the way he twists his wrist to show us he's using an iPhone, only to twist it back to a listening position.
That's just Matt shifting his phone awkwardly.

I assure that if we were getting paid out by Apple we'd all be driving way fancier cars.

That said, most of us do own iPhones, so it's entirely common to see them in our videos, but for no reason other than they are the phones on hand.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
GrahamS said:
misterprickly said:
Did that guy in the front just do a product placement?!

Look at the way he twists his wrist to show us he's using an iPhone, only to twist it back to a listening position.
That's just Matt shifting his phone awkwardly.

I assure that if we were getting paid out by Apple we'd all be driving way fancier cars.

That said, most of us do own iPhones, so it's entirely common to see them in our videos, but for no reason other than they are the phones on hand.
Well, I'd be driving a fancier car, but you'd get rides in it.

-m

DaemianF

Oct 19, 2009
Ha great episode, also found it kinda cool that I walk by where you filmed it pretty much every day.