LoadingReadyRun: Wizard Chat

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Wizard Chat

Wizards can be quite helpful when it comes to fashion.

Watch Video

sky_rider19

Mar 16, 2011
Well, You've changed my mind! I was firmly in the Staves's camp but I see the usefulness of Wands.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I'm still in favor of staves. A wand is just too flimsy to contain the raw power of the ether. I've written all about it on my etherblog: m̘̟͖͔̮̗̗͖͚̺̩͉u̞͚̜̯͇̦̘̘͓̤̝a̬͈͙̟̻̝̻̼̺̜̲̻.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
And now, Kathleen has nothing to try to force the "Wizard Chat" name upon.

Also, liked the "Beards! Beards! Beards!" flier in the background, there.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Congratulations Kathleen for finally getting something named Wizard Chat. I was surprised that this wasn't written by Kathleen just so she could use Wizard Chat for something.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Wouldn't one hundred point infinity basically just be 101?

And I personally prefer a thick piece of chalk to a wand or staff. There's nothing like a pentacle for ensnaring demons and forcing them to do your bidding.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
sorry dragonsoul, but a staff doubles as a walking stick, and as an experienced nomad, i can say without reserve that you're going to appreciate that benefit if you're the adventuring type, and that benefit will outweigh the slight edge possessed by wands. however, you make a fair general use point for more homebody types.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Bah... hat size has always been a substitute for wand size. I prefer a good hooded robe myself...

[blatant group plug]

Trying to get rid of that imp infestation? More wizarding advice in The Aethernet Wizards, Warlock, and Witches Guild [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Aethernet-Wizards-Warlock-and-Witches-guild]

[/blatant group plug]

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I thought this guy new his stuff, but the way he answered the question about wands just illustrates that he's a completely poser with no substance. He's probably never even broke the 9th circle. Seriously, the whole quality of this thing just goes completely down when you let in noobs like that and give them a place to speak. I came for a serious discussion of thaumatorgical Hat Couture and instead there's some guy blathering on about wands. Does he even know how a staff is meant to work? You're meant to walk with it, not carry it about like some handbag.

I've been a fan of your show for a long time now and I've got a lot of respect for what you do. I would consider myself a devoted fan, but if you keeping on pulling cheap crud like this, I'm going to stop attuning in and go somewhere decent like Warlock Conversation where people are familiar with Familiars and can tell a pentagon from a hexagon.

Disappointed. Don't do it again.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
I carry both?

Although excellent the lrr mtg podcast will still be kmow as wizard chat, forever.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
As a combat mage I prefer using arcane steel gauntlets, they have neither the power of a staff or accuracy of a wand but they add no extra weight as I would be wearing gauntlets with my demon hide en-fused steel armour anyway, also they allow for more flexibility in combat as I can then channel spells through my weapon and/or shield.

Punch You

Dec 12, 2010
BrotherRool said:
I thought this guy new his stuff, but the way he answered the question about wands just illustrates that he's a completely poser with no substance. He's probably never even broke the 9th circle. Seriously, the whole quality of this thing just goes completely down when you let in noobs like that and give them a place to speak. I came for a serious discussion of thaumatorgical Hat Couture and instead there's some guy blathering on about wands. Does he even know how a staff is meant to work? You're meant to walk with it, not carry it about like some handbag.

I've been a fan of your show for a long time now and I've got a lot of respect for what you do. I would consider myself a devoted fan, but if you keeping on pulling cheap crud like this, I'm going to stop attuning in and go somewhere decent like Warlock Conversation where people are familiar with Familiars and can tell a pentagon from a hexagon.

Disappointed. Don't do it again.
In addition to what you said, I'm always angered whenever they say that every wizard needs a beard. You try becoming an 11th evolution biomancer and see if you can avoid the occasional pyromantic crab cancer or two. Plus, I'm 26% reptile! You have any idea how ridiculous I'd look with mammalian hair? I was looking for real fashion tips to make up for my current out-of-place dolphin fin, but this radio show just proved to be as unhelpful as ever.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Men use staffs. Hipsters use their goddamn iWands.

I mean, come on. If you can't see the manliness of an oak staff, you are a lost cause.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
How DARE you go against the book of Opassisak? You're destroying the sanctity of Wizarding and undermining the institution of Occult style! There will be anarchy in the streets! Next thing you know apprentices will be going around BARE HEADED!

And Paul should keep that beard.
well I am just going to go and say that having a large hat just makes you more of a target on the battlefield, infact I normally wear a helmet instead of a hat. it is pointless to follow a tradition unless there is a good reason behind it, it is also wizards like you who ask 'wand or staff' why not go for a totem, magic gauntlet, deck of cards or even bare hand for the particularly skilled.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Paul should really go for that hair/beard combo all the time. It's fabulous!