Lol, Skyrim.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
First time I took on a giant, he smashed me so hard I must have flown six or seven miles into the air. I could see High Hrothgar from up there. Some kind of impact glitch. I was still rising when my game reloaded.

Using my two-handed axe I took off a guy's head, and it rolled all the way down three flights of stairs, down a stream into the pond at the bottom of Markarth.

A Courier ran onto the balcony during my battle with Odahviing to deliver me a note.

Sild the Warlock ran all the way up to the very top of his dungeon to kill me, whereupon I Force Pushed used the Unrelenting Force shout to send him flying off the bridge. He fell to his death, but, sadly, though I saved and reloaded several times, I could not time or angle the shout right to knock him into his own trap door. He died insisting he would be the one to kill me.

jack665

Dec 31, 2009
Got into a shouting match with a Drauger Deathlord.
I used a full blast of unrelenting force, sends him flying, gets up uses unrelenting force on me, fly out to room, get up, repeat for 6 full shouts each until he breaks against his throne.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
I was walking through Morthal looking for my Dark Brotherhood target. I saw him from across a bridge. Our eyes locked as I moved in for the kill. No one was around, no one was going to notice till it was too late...

Then a dragon dropped out of the sky with no warning, grabbed the target in his mouth and shook him around, then threw him into the side of a building which killed him instantly...

Had I not wanted a dragon soul at that particular time I would have just walked away with some shades on or something.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
I was tasked to kill a guy for a quest, when I get there, he actually just wanted to talk to me. I decided to take advantage of this and use some fire spell scrolls to kill him.
After I killed him I noticed that all his guards, some of whom I'm certain were out of the blast range, were dead. I could only assume that they committed suicide so they would be spared my awesome magics.

Also in one of my treks through some snowy mountains I saw a horse corpse roll halfway down from the peak to meet me at the path. No idea where it could have possibly come from as there were no other bodies or monsters around at the time.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
TheLoneBeet said:
I used the console to resurrect a dragon that's body had been clogging up my doorstep in Whiterun, ran outside town so I could kill it there and hopefully it'd disappear. Most of the other corpses in the overworld have long since vanished. I thought it'd go away too. To this day it's still cluttering up the gate in Whiterun.
Made it really interesting when I stormed the castle as part of the Stormcloak attack on the city. I didn't realize it was a corpse (because after you resurrect the dragons they don't wither and give you a soul because that'd be a cheap way to farm souls and I'm personally glad the development team thought of that) so my first instinct was to charge it. Should have been a big hint that it was lying motionless on the ground instead of flying around roaring. I was too caught up in the moment to think of that.
I did the same thing almost, except instead of a dragon corpse, it was Odahviing.
For those that don't know, once you finish the main quest, you get a shout to summon the dragon Odahviing who will fight for you. He's a total badass and I summon him in basically every outdoor fight. The only problem is that he can stick around after fast travel sometimes, and if I forgot I had summoned him, I tend to hit him with Dragonrend :(

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
The ragdoll death physics are freaking hilarious. Really? So when I get killed by a dragon biting my face I get bounced 16 miles into the air? I see.

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
Getting knocked over by a shout face down in a puddle from a draugr. Floating very slowly while hes shooting a increasing number of arrows into my back head for a good 30 sec, over to a slightly more shallow part of the puddle before standing up.

spacecowboy86

Jan 7, 2010
That time I shot a chain lightning bolt at that bandit's feet and watched with glee as he flew across the road and got stuck in a tree... good times.

Apr 28, 2008
Went to a cave to be a bard. This cave is buggy as all fuck. Got all the way to the ruby dragon claw door, but it wouldn't let me turn the rings. So I reload, try again, same result. So I reload again, and come back with a companion thinking she'll be able to turn the rings. Well, apparently FULL FUCKING DRAGONPLATE armor doesn't stop her from being hacked to pieces on the EASIEST FUCKING DIFFICULTY. So on top of running the dungeon for the fourth damn time I had to babysit miss dipshit as she ran straight into traps and my sword. Well I get to the end, and it turns out the rings are working, which means I just put up with all that shit with my companion for fucking nothing. But whatever, at least the rings work. So I put in the correct combination, and the door refuses it. It's at this point I'm shouting. Well, I reloaded, same result. Reloaded, but walked outside then walked back in, and everything worked perfectly. I swear to god this game is trolling me.

Oh... you wanted a funny story, I guess. Well, my story could be funny, if you like laughing at other's pains with a video game, I guess.

I don't know. I'm pissed and just needed to vent. Feel better now.

Jamesfox849

Dec 31, 2010
Unlike most others, I did not get killed the first time I tried to talk to a giant, rather the giant simply bashed me on the head, leaving only a tiny sliver of my health left.

And this, the Dohvakin ran his ass out of there, leaving behind a yellow trail as he did so.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
kouriichi said:
Not many funny things happen to Raj. Mostly tragic.

Raj get home, and go into living room, try to heal wounds after combat with dragon. Accidentally flame atronach. Certainly, this freak me out, so i proceed to stab it.

Flame Atronach fall over dead. Wife Mjoll come into living room, and scold Khajiit for miscasting. I apologize then "BOOOOOOM!", room bathed in fire!

Did you know Flame Atronach explode after death? Raj did not. Ruin house, sending everything in house off shelves. Make big mess!

Wife Mjoll cant help but laugh. Fire Burn off all of Raj's fur. Look pinker then pomegranate! Raj dislike next week in cold skyrim.

Now Raj see why nords always angry.
You need to stream/capture this and add Raj's voice. I would watch. ^_^

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Giant aside one of my funniest moments was stalking a target for the dark brotherood in windhelm. I decided I wanted to try my fully upgraded firebreath shout instead of my usual dagger. I forgot however that I was using stormcall after assaulting some fort for the stormcloaks. I used the shout and the storm killed 5 people including my target. Lucky for me I was thane and got out of it somehow. As the gaurd who was about to arrest me walked away, she turned around looked me right in the eyes and said "I know who you are, hail Sithis."

Lerasai

Aug 14, 2010
I'm not very far into the game, but I was amused by how if you initiate a conversation with an npc on some stairs, the npc will very slowly slide down them as they are talking. It might've been because it was very late at night, but I was cracking up as the guy just kept getting further and further away from me as he ranted about some other family sucking.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
One of the hideouts near the end the leader of the bandits says "Stop! That's enough violence, he has proven himself", then I go to where some of his goons were and cut their heads in one shot. First one says "Hello blaaargghh", second says "I'm going to find whoever blaaargghh", and then third one runs up to me shouting "What have you done!? Blaaargghh". They were all right next to each other! You had to be there.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
I had just successfully dueled a dragon, and was shouting I AM TRIUMPHANT! when a bear charged me and mauled me.

Also, I legitimately saw three bears kill a dragon. I had just entered its territory, and it was flying down to fight me, when it saw a bear and changed aggro. It landed, a couple more bears appeared, and the bear trio proceeded to maul a goddamn dragon to death. Two of them died, but the third survived.

And then he came after me.

...bears are dicks.

Seriously. Dragon? ONWARD! Giant? FORWARD! Draugr Overlord? FOR SKYRIM!

Bear? RUN AWAY!

EDIT: Another bear story, I had just shot a snow bear(stupid stupid stupid) and was trying to hid from it in some rocks. Lo and behold, it finds it way and bursts out in front of me, so I immediately turn around and whirlwind away. Right off of a cliff. D'oh.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
I was walking along minding my own business, when a bear charges me and decides it wants to fight. Thinking I can take it no problem, I pull out my sword only to have a dragon fly down out of no where and toast us both. After a quick heal, the bear and I team up against the dragon only for an ice wraith to join the dragon and begin to fight me and the bear. Luckily my horse rides in, kills the wraith in a few horse kicks, and begins to wail on the dragon with me and my bear friend. We prevail, but then the bear decides he's too cool for normal bear life and explodes.

Long story short: I had a bear side-kick and he exploded.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
When a mammoth decides that a dragon has lived long enough. I pity the dragon.
Otherwise I had shadowmere and he fell off a cliff. Twice. :(

TheBoulder

Nov 11, 2009
For some reason, dragons love spawning near Dawnstar for me. I've literally killed 6 to 7 dragons there. The funny part is when the townsfolk come to admire the dragon skeleton. They all say that they're amazed by it and that they wouldn't believe it if they hadn't seen, all the while they walk past the skeletons of even more dragons.
I also want to kill that guard that told me to put away my magic. He said it in such a contemptuous tone of voice, and it hurt my feelings. It saved his damned life too.

Balls Mandingo

Apr 15, 2009
Quick travel to a location on the map, couple of Bandits pissed off some giants so they were attacking everything. Giants attacked me and I ran to get away from them, while running from the giants I ran into a dragon, which I also ran away from. While running away from the giants and dragon, I ran into a Liche. That was my "FUUUUUUUUU" skyrim moment.