London Calling With a Fresh Clue for BioWare's New Game

gellert1984

Apr 16, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
MR T3D said:
you are an MI6 agent, at time of first alien contact in ME universe, and you have one hell of an epic adventure.
That would kick arse.

Just an ordinary day, well, ordinary for an MI6 agent, necks were snapped, schematics were stolen and heads were sniped. Then the turians arrived. "Bollocks".

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Whats a Turian? *ducks*

I theorize that it'll be a funky time travel thing in which a future British agent travels back in time to various points in history to adjust/protect the course of events, either by assassinating Margaret Thatcher or protecting her from the bomb that almost killed her IRL will be one such mission. Ultimatly you won't know what you're going back to; did you successfully defend future events? or does the entire EU now speak Russian as its first language?

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Too many of you guys have a disappointingly under-developed sense of fun.

I mean, we're talking about games here! Is it that painful for you to have a little bit of fun with the process?
Alright, sorry, Andy.

It's just that I still can't repress the memories of that auction announcement.

It is fun, for what it's worth, so I guess BioWare are doing the right thing for now.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Unless it's Jade Empire 2, I don't care anymore.

Mass Effect 2 dumbed itself down too much to hold my interest, and Dragon Age 2 is looking to do the same.

Only Jade Empire 2 will get me excited for a Bioware game again.

Numb1lp

Jan 21, 2009
Woodsey said:
Getting slightly irritated with developers cock-teasing me in preparation for what will likely be another cock-tease.
I agree whole-heartedly. It just adds so much hype, usually the game itsself can't live up to it.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
JourneyThroughHell said:
I realize how risky it is to ask, but what auction announcement?

Setsuhen

Apr 14, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Too many of you guys have a disappointingly under-developed sense of fun.

I mean, we're talking about games here! Is it that painful for you to have a little bit of fun with the process?
But Mr. Chalk, this is the internet we're talking about!

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
I realize how risky it is to ask, but what auction announcement?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99497-BioWare-Countdown-Ends-BioWare-Blows-Up-UPDATED

How can you not remember, sir? You are the one who brought the news.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Woodsey said:
Getting slightly irritated with developers cock-teasing me in preparation for what will likely be another cock-tease.
I agree with this. I'm getting sick of people trying to be like Konami, the pricks who released a countdown clock that timed down to a new clock, which timed down to a new clock, which timed down to another new clock, which in turn timed down to a clock, and so on and so on. Seriously if you do that, fuck you, I stop caring about your game because you're being a jerk and I'd rather go hang out with someone nice.

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
If it is talking about ME3, the conflict may be on earth, and the new main character (spoiler alert) could be British. There are obvious ways to link this to ME3, but I am definitely interested in seeing a new franchise from Bioware, using the experience and knowledge they've gained through the construction of the Mass Effects.

EDIT: The first screenshot gave us a glimpse of a somewhat ruined Big Ben, someone could have invaded? The surprise may not be aimed at the game, but rather a piece of the plot. All signs obviously point to Mass Effect, but what of the story, and the characters? That's always been what's made the ME series great.

EDIT EDIT: Think about it, they let us trudge around on Tuchanka, Illium, The Flotilla, They're letting us see more and more homeworlds. This being the last game, Why not earth? Why not the Turian homeworld, Palaven? This is the big finale. They've got to be planning something big! I mean, come on! The reapers are here! That's the whole goddamn point!

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
doomboy29 said:
So do you think that Biowares going for an Alpha Protocol esqe game guys?
That.... would be.... FUCKING AWESOME, actually. Alpha Protocol was a cool idea, but really, really poorly executed, and Bioware's top notch on execution. It would be perfect.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
You know, you guys have to Clampdown to figure this out. It won't be easy since the only clues you have are Guns in Brixton and "The only band that matters." But all this speculation is just leading you to board a Train in Vain.

However, if you try hard enough, surely Rudy Can't Fail.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
crazypsyko666 said:
If it is talking about ME3, the conflict may be on earth, and the new main character (spoiler alert) could be British. There are obvious ways to link this to ME3, but I am definitely interested in seeing a new franchise from Bioware, using the experience and knowledge they've gained through the construction of the Mass Effects.

EDIT: The first screenshot gave us a glimpse of a somewhat ruined Big Ben, someone could have invaded? The surprise may not be aimed at the game, but rather a piece of the plot. All signs obviously point to Mass Effect, but what of the story, and the characters? That's always been what's made the ME series great.

EDIT EDIT: Think about it, they let us trudge around on Tuchanka, Illium, The Flotilla, They're letting us see more and more homeworlds. This being the last game, Why not earth? Why not the Turian homeworld, Palaven? This is the big finale. They've got to be planning something big! I mean, come on! The reapers are here! That's the whole goddamn point!
Perhaps an assassination attempt on the Alliance head-honcho, whereby they would be replaced by Cerberus as a puppet to gear the Alliance up for war.

Or, perhaps there is an indoctrinated individual floating around on Earth that needs stopping?

Bah, I hate conjecture like this.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
Jumplion said:
STEAM better have both Mass Effects for sale soon, 'cause i'm really getting pumped for ME3...
Pretty sure it already does.

Edit: Me, i'm hoping its a game about the First Contact War. an RTS, a Team based shooter, anything.
You liar. You lieing liar, little liar, I see no Mass Effect 1+2 for sale. Though I meant both Mass Effects for sale at a discount, I'm a cheapass that way :p

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
JourneyThroughHell said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99497-BioWare-Countdown-Ends-BioWare-Blows-Up-UPDATED

How can you not remember, sir? You are the one who brought the news.
Oh, that. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And see, that was fun! I had a blast doing that post.