London Riots continue

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
hawkeye52 said:
I heard there were people who were litterally going to into shops and trying on the items there while looting it
That sounds fucking hilarious.
Now I'm imagining the prissiest group of rioters in history.

"RAGE! FIRE! BURN!! RAGE!.... Oh my! That hat looks delightful! I simply must try it on before torching the building!....RAGE!! RAGE!!! BURN!!! BURN TO THE GROUND!!!!"

Esotera

May 5, 2011
nexekho said:
I'm not saying it's right to burn down houses and riot. But I expected it. These people live in a place where it's impossible to achieve anything. Jobs are far and few between and even then they're always minimum wage. Born into poverty. Die in poverty. And then a new government comes along and starts slashing the budget to their detriment. Were you expecting a party?

It's not about a man being shot. That was merely the tipping point.
This, so much this. If the underlying social problems are there, nearly anything will set them up. I think the riots in Harlem were started over misinformation, correct me if I'm wrong.

Definitely not excusable though; just predictable. A lot of people in the UK are incredibly angry at the government. Or at least the students are. -_-

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
To quote Mr Marcus Brigstocke: I'm a peace loving liberal at heart devoted to non-violence.

But even I have to admit this is just stupid. These are nothing but opportunistic bastards intent on causing chaos and breaking shit. Look at the pictures. Find one person not wearing either jogging bottoms or a tracksuit. There's no excuse for this. And what can police do? Stand there and try to chase them away. Send in the tear gas and rubber bullets. Slam down on them with an iron fist and show the rest of the world this shit won't be tolerated.

debossman21

Jun 7, 2011
this just shows how bad things get once a fan (riling of the youth) is installed under Shitsville (the horrible job climate/decrease in police force). if it keeps escalating, they may have to bring in military forces.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Look at the pictures. Find one person not wearing either jogging bottoms or a tracksuit. [/quote

And what on earth does that have to do with anything? Are people wearing skinny jeans and Topshop shirts the only people allowed to riot?

There's no excuse for this. And what can police do? Stand there and try to chase them away. Send in the tear gas and rubber bullets. Slam down on them with an iron fist and show the rest of the world this shit won't be tolerated.
The police already have too many powers. The last thing they need is any more.

Though I'm sure Syria would love us to do as you suggest. I can't quite see how we could condemn them if we treat our own rioters "with an iron fist" as you so worryingly suggest.
The police have too many powers eh? Hrm... Well let's look at London over the past three nights. Oh of course. However could we condemn them. They're doing it for justice. The arson and looting is just high spirits.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
If anything at-least its hopefully an argument for giving our police more power or for injecting them with some sort-of super-human bane-ish serum.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
Apparently the riots are moving near my way tonight. Watching the footage on Sky just seems to show how pathetic these rioters are, only doing it for fun and the majority seem to be kids.
Ah well. Boris Johnson will be back from his holiday and he'll go and beat up the 'oiks'.

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
I say we should bring the army back from the various sandy places they're stuck in. Let them loose on the streets with instructions to shoot anyone doing the following,

Looting
Burning things
Throwing objects
Vandalising
Listening to (and enjoying) Celine Dion.

Sorted.

linkzeldi

Jun 30, 2010
I'd comment on this, or make some kind of witty observation, but the image of beiber everywhree is limiting my higher brain functions.

So umm. . . Riots suck. I can't think of much beyond that.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
People familiar with the area might be surprised to hear they are apparently expecting some riots near Kingston.

Eduku

Sep 11, 2010
Great, now several shops on my high street now ablaze. Completely senseless.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Where is the Statesmen and all these other superheroes that are supposed to protect the streets of London?