Long hair on men?

wyldchyld337

May 24, 2011
In 2005, I started growing my hair right after my Military contract was expired. At max length, it was right above my rear. In 2010, the girlfriend, daughter, and I all donated to Locks of Love.

I would love to grow it out again, but it's starting the growing process that takes the longest. Yes, if you have the right facial structure for it, by all means have it long, so long as it looks professional when it needs to. Me, I have a very feminine/boyish face when I am clean shaven that the longer hair worked for me, added to the fact that my hair is straight until it gets to the wavy-bits at the end.

Mr Smith

Apr 22, 2010
I have long hair. It comes down to about to almost the middle of my back. I've had it for quite a while now though it doesn't seem to be getting any longer. I probably don't look after it as well as i should, though most people say it looks nice and that it suits me. To honest, i wouldn't mind it being a bit longer and a bit straighter, but I like it all the same.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
My hair is at shoulder length (think of Prince Of Persia), so I suppose that counts as long. So yeah, I like it, if it looks good. Also, my girlfriend's got short hair, in reply to the other thread you made about short hair on females.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I have long hair myself (it's down past my shoulders), and it's the only way I can look good. I look awful with short hair.
Other men can pull off long hair too, in fact, I prefer my guys with long hair.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
I used to have hair halfway down my back, then I had it shaved off.

Why? I was curious, I've always had long hair since I was about 10 years old... and I mean looooooong hair. But when I had it cut, I got very mixed reactions, some thought it was good, others thought it looked terrible. Personally I prefer it long.

I keep it clean, tied back when needed and it looks very good, I'm lucky, my hair genes are awesome.

And no I've never been mistaken for gay because of it.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Like everyone's said, only about 10% of people can actually pull it off. Almost everyone I've seen with long hair loves it but looks ridiculous. Don't be one of those people.

The interesting part is that out of everyone I've known, 90% of the people who have cut their hair short have wished they had done it sooner. I wonder if there's a correlation there.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
As a guy who frequently has long bushy hair...... I must say my opinion is neutral

(me about 6 months ago)
see how neutral I look?

It's not so much because I love to have long hair; my hair just grows very fast, and I'm not too fond of hair cuts..... it's fairly short right now, but starting to become due for a cut.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
I personally wouldnt. According to my grandpa (who long hair when he was a teenager/young adult) guys having thier hair longer causes them to go blad faster. But its one of those things that literally makes no difference to me and you can have your hair dragging on the ground for all I care.

Personally though, I think guys look better with "military crew cut" length hair (which is why I always get a crew cut....and then have my girlfriend and other female friends wanting to feel my head because "Its so fuzzy!") and that women look better with Shoulder length hair, something my girlfriend doesnt have (she has hair that doesnt even go to her neck). Eh, whatever.

squidface

Jun 3, 2012
Not when it's just like CURTAINS OF UNWASHED HAIR but on some men it does look good. I don't really like buzz cuts or really closely cropped hair; I usually prefer it when guys grow their hair out a bit, especially if it's wavy or curly at all. It really depends on the texture of the hair and their face/build too. Sometimes it just doesn't suit some people at all.

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
I had long hair until I started going bald. Now I've been shaving my head for over a year. What sucks about it is that I'm only 21. At least with a goatee, I still fit in with my fellow metalheads.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Generally, I say yes. It helps if they are tall and thing. Maybe with a bit of facial hair... (drools)

SEXTON HALE

Apr 12, 2012
I can definatly get behinde long haif on guys.
Some people can pull it off nicely others can't.
I used to have prety damn good looking mid length wavy hair I definatly think a few more inches would have been a plus.
Though im still loving my short blown back wind swept look at the moment.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I used to have medium length hair, but people thought It was hilarious to call me Bieber because he too had Mid length brown hair, Albeit in a completely different style.

Right now I just get a haircut every 6 months or so, I don't really style my hair any more.

Me with long hair

Me with short hair
[http://s846.photobucket.com/albums/ab22/micky_vey/?action=view&current=179937_10151119776945719_1086687929_n.jpg]

M4t3us

Oct 13, 2009
I don't know, you tell me [https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/149039_178316335514383_7798230_n.jpg].

himynameiseli

Oct 3, 2012
Depends on how long, really. Don't really find anything longer than shoulder length to be attractive, personally. That said, if it's going to be that length, I'd be pretty picky as far as the overall style of the haircut goes.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
I have shoulder length hair, I'm told I suit it but I'm getting it cut soon, it's too windy to deal with at the moment.