Longest Singleplayer Game?

iridur

May 27, 2009
I used to spend loads of time on RPGs...... so if WoW dusnt count as single player.... (wer i almost had 50 days lol)

Then probs the pokemon games..... Pokemon blue ws the BEST!!!!!!! over 10 yrs old but i play it evry nw and again

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
As it's been said a few times already, the Baldur's Gate series. Fucking epically long, but not tedious. Theres just THAT much to do. Good memories. :)

auldy93

May 27, 2009
Well Timesplitters 3 had a fairly long single player campaign, took even longer if attempting it on hard -_-. But yeah that and all of the challenges and such, this makes TS3 a fairly long game singleplayer wise.
Also what about GTA San Andreas, as most GTA's, allows you to keep unlocking more items once you've completed the main story line, although you'd hardly use them unless you wanted to go on a rampage (to the extreme)
Also DOW2, before I am cut down by the merciless people of the forum hear me out, once you unlock the deployment for the very last mission the game there are many other missions that you can choose to do before completing the campaign. Anyway the game will just keep recycling missions on this final chapter to allow you to unlock most of the wargear. This can take forever usually (imagine it on primarch difficulty,HELL)

HDID

Oct 12, 2008
[Generic grindtastic JRPG goes here] gave me a ton of playtime, even if it was kinda all around bleh.

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
Archaeology Hat said:
Morrowind. I finished the main quest after very aproximatly 60 hours gameplay. I still am nowhere near a 100% compelete. But then I play very much with a "hey... what's that over there, I'll go see" attitude in free roamers and Morrowind is a rare example of a game that rewards this.
Agreed.
Morrowind is probably the longest game ever made.
GTA's are long but get dull around the time the quests become stupidly hard.
Obivion is long, but not as long as morrowind.
Little big planet basicly never ends (online content keeps it alive)

But the longest game of all time is tetris.

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
Elite.

8 galaxies to explore, trade in, fight space pirates, get in trouble with the law for smuggling contraband, upgrade weapons on your ship, etc.

Of course, suffice to say that I never made it to 'Elite' status...

Chaosut

Apr 8, 2009
DaBozz said:
Archaeology Hat said:
Morrowind. I finished the main quest after very aproximatly 60 hours gameplay. I still am nowhere near a 100% compelete. But then I play very much with a "hey... what's that over there, I'll go see" attitude in free roamers and Morrowind is a rare example of a game that rewards this.
Agreed.
Morrowind is probably the longest game ever made.
GTA's are long but get dull around the time the quests become stupidly hard.
Obivion is long, but not as long as morrowind.
Little big planet basicly never ends (online content keeps it alive)

But the longest game of all time is tetris.
Morrowing was very long, and admitably there were alot of side quests i wasn't bothered to do. I agree about GTA, the quests usually get pretty boring or seem to jump in difficulty.

Asymptote Angel

Feb 6, 2008
I clocked something like 80 hours on Final Fantasy Tactics. That's probably my record. The KotOR twins are probably my second and third.

As for the longest game overall, probably Oblivion, Morrowind, maybe a Fallout game.

pirateninj4

Apr 6, 2009
I clocked in over 100 hours playing most Final Fantasy games...I think that counts, doesn't it?

cyce3

May 18, 2009
For me its zelda twilight princess, it took me 40 hours to complete first time with occasional looks at walkthrough just for the main campaign without trying to find everything else

Wutaiflea

Mar 17, 2009
Today, while avoiding doing the washing up, I passed 140 hours on Final Fantasy 10.

I still haven't done everything.

I don't know what this says about me...

Further to this, if I counted up all the hours on all my "master" FF saves across the series, I'd probably be looking at a good 800 hours... and that's not even counting all the times I've replayed the stories because I'm a social reject...

Feb 14, 2008
LoZ: OoT
          took my dad and me a full year to finish in 1999.

Golden sun series.
          Took me 6 months before I could beat the last boss. Never defeated the far stronger bonus boss though... Anyway, lots and lots of grind.

And thoose are the ones I have finished...

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
This should be more clear as 'sandbox' games tend to take me a bit while longer cuz I tend to mess around.

Someone mentioned Baldur's Gate II that game took me forever cuz I kept messing around with every single side quest. (I was a Human Monk!)

Cylem

Feb 27, 2009
I put sixty-plus hours on the first Tales of Symphonia three times. I'm giving it a run for its money with Avalon Code on the DS, though. I've had it for almost a week and put sixty-three hours on it. I now have an optomatrist appointment next week...

Chaosut

Apr 8, 2009
Yooz said:
Deus Ex had a very good length SP, and the multiplayer was only really there as a minor filler, i barely ever played the MP.

cabooze said:
if you just count the main story quests then I would say zelda OOT.
That's the other one i was thinking of. Alot of other Zelda games are quite long too. Windwaker wasn't particularly long, though still a fun game.

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
Well, the vanilla campaign isn't that long, but if you mod KOTOR to hell and back like I have, you end up with one long game. Let's just say that my last playthrough (doing every sidequest I could on hard) took about 250 hours. I kid you not.

Otherwise, Fallout 2. There's so much to do in that game, and even after the "ending" of the main quest, you can keep playing as long as you want, and people actually react to you differently after you've beaten down the Enclave. And if you mod it a lot, it gets even longer.