Longest Singleplayer Game?

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
I would say oblivion kotor or mass effect but I beat those first two in <20 hours and mass effect in 10or so.
I don't mess around :p

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
Pokemon: 100+ hours
Oblivion: 150+ hours
Sadly, I haven't played Morrowind yet.
Wutaiflea said:
Today, while avoiding doing the washing up, I passed 140 hours on Final Fantasy 10.

I still haven't done everything.

I don't know what this says about me...

Further to this, if I counted up all the hours on all my "master" FF saves across the series, I'd probably be looking at a good 800 hours... and that's not even counting all the times I've replayed the stories because I'm a social reject...
It means you're playing an RPG. It's not unusual for those games to take this long.
And welcome to the Escapist.

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
TaborMallory said:
Pokemon: 100+ hours
Aha, how could I forget that.
My copy of pokemon got 999hours on the clock.
thats because if you get into online battling training pokemon can take up time.

Riggsby101

Jul 23, 2008
don't know if someone's said this before or not, but for me MGS4. Took me aaaaages, especially when trying for the zero kills trophy.
what also ticked me off was the lack of a chapter select feature, cos i could've played the last mission over and over.

KBKarma

May 14, 2008
My heavens. No-one's mentioned Planescape Torment. I've not finished it, but I racked up an impressive 30+ hours. And got a third of the way through. Not counting all the side quests and exploration. And the fact that, since you know it's possible, you want to try complete the game by getting involved in the only two mandatory fights.

On the other hand... Chrono Trigger. That I have finished, and racked up about 80 hours. Admittedly, I was grinding for a lot of that (obsessive completionist urges). And then I started a new game to try and get one of the 14 other endings.

Another SquEnix DS game, The World Ends With You. I've technically finished it, but, since it allows you to replay pretty much every part of the game again, I keep going back to try and get certain pins. There's also a different ending you can get, and a lot of awesome music to find.

For an obverse, the SHORTEST single-player game I played was Portal. I played it five times in one week, twice in one day. My fastest time was about 40 minutes.

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
To me, Morrowind. I should've kept track of the amount of hours I've spent in there, but I'm guessing it's at least 300. And that was only with one character. Certain factions are mutually exclusive (you can only be in 1 of the 3 houses at any given time), the guilds also have a certain hostility (if you rise up in the ranks far enough for a certain guild, you can't join the other, for example the Fighter's and Thieves guild). And then the tremendous amount of exploring, which I hardly ever did (I was young, dark and damp crypts and caves filled with ghosts, (corprus)zombies and skeletons scared the hell out of me, ok?)

And I played it more or less vanilla (hardly any mods).

tucanjamal

May 13, 2009
Curtmiester said:
Sadly I'm almost sure it's a pokemon game. I look at the time keeper thing and it said 80 hours...

Sadly I agree I only play as a joke but I've logged 150 hours....which is sad haha

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Someone's going to murder me... Story/campaign-wise, Okami actually seemed to be the longest game I've ever played. Except for perhaps MGS4. And that was likely simply because of the cutscenes.

Jan 23, 2009
Probably Oblivion, I know that place like the back o my hand, and adding in mods helps to keep it fresh

IgneusMaeror

May 27, 2009
Anachronism said:
Baldur's Gate, definitely. The whole series if you see it as one giant game (which I sort of do). I kid you not when it took me four months of playing Baldur's Gate and nothing else to complete it, and I finished Baldur's Gate II after three months of playing it. It took me more than half a year to finish those games.

And then, after all that, you've got BGII's expansion pack, Throne of Bhaal, to play through. It's an absurdly long series.
The man said it all. Never have I derived so many, long hours of gameplay out of any game. No matter how sandbox-happy I am at any games that offers anything that remotely resembles a sandbox. What really frightened me though, was that the sandbox things turned into a chore rather quick, but Baldur's Gate... I stopped even though I wasn't quite finished.

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
Ignoring personal preferance (I like a lot of short games), Oblivion just has the most content, from a numerical standpoint. Its too long for my preference but it will take longer to finish then any other game, ever.

VoltySquirrel

Feb 5, 2009
Curtmiester said:
Sadly I'm almost sure it's a pokemon game. I look at the time keeper thing and it said 80 hours...
I have friends who have over 400 hour pilled into that game. One of them is busy geting all of his Pokemon to Level 100. And He even has a complete Pokedex. You have not beat Pokemon as he said until you caught every Pokemon and got it to lvl 100. Hes a little crazy.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Actually I have another game that had a very long campain (or at least it felt long to me)... Dead Space. While being repetative it is actually quite decent in bite sized chunks, so the trick I had was to keep it in me Xbox 360 and play through it piece by piece thus making it last about a week. My favourite thing about it, easily the dismemberment.

Admittedly it still displays a glaring problem of 'playing a survival horror game casually to have a few laughs' but what the hell. It's fun.

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
I remember taking a freaking long time to beat Resident Evil 4 on my first play through.
Okami had a really long single player too.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Well it took me 50 hours to beat the Oblivion main quest. Namely because I started it, then finished almost everything else before doing it.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Heroes of Might and Magic 3-5 (at least 100 hours on the campaigns for each game, and it has replayability)

Titan Quest. if you count Epic and Legendary difficulty, its mininum 100 hours.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
Psychosocial said:
Am I the only person who know about a game named Elder Scrolls: Dagerfall?

Check that game out, it was too big for Bethesda to be able to fully test it for all glitches...
Daggerfall is absolute evil, wayyyyy too big for its own good.