Looking for bloody dismemberment.

redpete17

Nov 19, 2009
I'm looking for suggestions on a video game which has graphic depictions of violence. Blood, gore, dismemberment, all that fun stuff.
Here's the catch: it can't be first person.

Ideally a multiplayer RPG for the PC, but anything goes. Any suggestions?

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
the witcher at a stretch. you chop off peoples heads with a sword sometimes. and can stunn people. turn them around and cut their calf muscles, they fall to their knees then you cut off their head

redpete17

Nov 19, 2009
Lemmie add a qualifier: It can not be a shooter type. i.e. FPS or 3rd Person FPS/platformer. So Max Payne is out even though it's not really first person.

Explanation: The person I asking for gets motion sickness easily.

genamp

Nov 18, 2010
Um, Requiem: Memento Mori is a free MMO that centers itself around somewhat viceral combat and gore, violence, etc... From what I've heard, it's a pretty decent game, aside from the somewhat dated graphics.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
My first thought was "Acid burns for discerning gentlemen" but I was wrong.
EDIT: I didn't know it wasn't supposed to be a shooter until it was too late.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
redpete17 said:
I'm looking for suggestions on a video game which has graphic depictions of violence. Blood, gore, dismemberment, all that fun stuff.
Here's the catch: it can't be first person.
How have you never head of Dead Space 1/2?

EDIT:
redpete17 said:
Lemmie add a qualifier: It can not be a shooter type. i.e. FPS or 3rd Person FPS/platformer. So Max Payne is out even though it's not really first person.

Explanation: The person I asking for gets motion sickness easily.
That's the strangest thing I've heard of all month. Tell your friend to talk up knitting, lest the strain of turning on a console gives them a heart attack.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
surprisingly Dragon Age 2 seems to have really stepped it up in the gore department. As mentioned previously go with Dead Space, and Splatterhouse. Dead Space isn't exactly frantic when it comes to shooting, but it does have some moments where your character is tossed around a bit, try watching some youtube videos on games and you can judge the motion sickness yourself. I do suspect if they can't take third person shooters they would be fairly limited in games. Viking is sort of an ok game, not super amazing but I had fun hacking arms and heads off.