Lost in Spaaace! (RP Thread)

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
After several more minutes, A Creaking Noise is heard coming from the Vent walls.
"Hey, Ace can you hear that?...."
Then the Vent gave way and dumped them from the roof to the floor of the Bridge.
David turned as he fell to land on his back, but was still winded from the fall.
"..ooooooowwwwwww...."

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
"Wait what?" Ace said before falling onto the floor with David. It took him by complete surprise and resulted in him knocking his head again. He tried to locate David but only saw a blur, like the first time he fell. He once again checked to see if it was bleeding but was relieved at the lack of blood. His head still hurt though and Ace knew that the next time he could be less lucky. I wonder if Dr.Capek could check my head...I'd be in gratitude and hell somebody's gotta give. Wait are all doctors doctors?

He tried to kick the vent so he could crawl out but it was stuck. He was literally trapped this time.

"Dave! I'm stuck!" Ace yelled, still kicking even though he knew it was futile.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
"Uhhhh...wha?...Shit! Hold on..." David said before he saw that he was stuck in a section of the Vent that hit the ground, the dents caused by the impact prevented Ace from Escaping.
"Alright, stay with me, I'll have you out in a minute, I just need to find something to pry you open, I'll be right back..." He said before he went to look for a crowbar or even just a sharp shard of harder metal.

Sigma Castell

Elite Member
Sep 10, 2011
Johann raised an eyebrow at the noises coming through the phone.
"If it's not too much trouble, I need you to stop by the Medical Wing. If theres a bottle with the name E-17 on it, grab it. It's for my migranes."

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Iskierka hurried through the hallways - away from the hanger bay. Much to her chagrin, The ship was approaching from the opposite side. After checking her map, Iskierka determined the closest view port that would meet her needs was on G-deck. This of course meant one thing - back into the cramped maintenance tubing.

When she reached an undamaged port, she opened the cover and made her way into the system. Activating her Comm-link, she decided to ask a question. "[b/]All[/b], I'm headed from E-deck to G-deck to find a view of the unknown vessel. Is there anyone in the area of G-deck and, if so, is there anything anyone needs from the intervening decks?"

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
"All, I'm headed from E-deck to G-deck to find a view of the unknown vessel. Is there anyone in the area of G-deck and, if so, is there anything anyone needs from the intervening decks?"

"West Here, If you're heading towards the Bridge and the surrounding areas, be careful, the Vents are unstable, Me and Ace just fell from the one in the Main Bridge. Also, keep an eye out for anything that might help us move some of the more mobile computer systems." David radioed in as he found a Fire Axe.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Ace could no longer hear David anymore. It was him and possibly Johann. He had been in worse situations in the past, stuck under rubble and held at gunpoint. Why was he now worried? His luck would get him out, he knew it. He accepted it. It had been the one truth in his life, the one thing he could always rely on. It made him feel powerful, untouchable even. That had been his little world, sheltered by the walls of his luck. The horrific truth Ace had to accept to live his life.

But now the walls were breaking down. Ace was not the last one out. He wasn't the only survivor. In this situation, he was the weakest and most useless. He was the likeliest to die. And now he was stuck in a vent... What was this new emotion? Terror? Ace couldn't even remember what it was as it had been a very long time. Ace wanted to believe that he would get out, hell maybe everyone could get out too. Ace wanted to believe that his luck had rubbed off onto the others but what if it was gone? The seeds of doubt had already taken root, but what was sprouting was a completely different emotion...

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
David returned, Axe in Hand.
"Ace, Listen Closely, I had an Axe, but I need to Make sure where you are before I start to cut you loose so I don't hit you. I know this is messed up but I need you to trust me. I know what I'm doing." He told Ace as he picked out the best spot to crack open.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Shit, shit, shit. This isn't helping David. Get a fucking axe! What the fuck!? Terror was slowly gripping Ace, the thought of an axe ripping apart the vent he was in did not comfort him at all. "Err...there's a little space on the f-front. Don't miss eh?" Ace said. It was all he could manage to say. He tried to crawl back but he was stuck. All he could do was trust David to not hit him. Faith in others... He closed his eyes and hoped for the best.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
"Alright, Move away as far as you can..." David said as he laid the sharp end of the Axe where he was going to cut.
He braced himself and bought the Axe down.
And Again.
And Again.
And Again.
He stopped and pulled open the Vent shaft and saw Ace, unharmed.
"Huh...Deep down, I didn't think that would work..." He admited before tearing off a bit more of the vent, enough for him to get out.
"Are you alright?, can you walk?"

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Sorry about that. Family related events prevented me from posting until now... If I missed anything, toss me a PM!

----------------------------------------------------------

"Jake," The AI responded "Currently there are no... Please wait. Extreme Danger: I am detecting life in a part of the ship I had originally lost access to. My scans may be 35% accurate, but I am unable to track two of the surviving crew members. Please attempt to detect if Command Stations are accessible, if is accessible by ventilation, please secure and repair the ventilation before the crew members are cut off. Priority 1!"

There was no way to access the Bridge, only the damaged vents that Ace and David had used. The bridge seemed to be a wreck. The integrity of the connected rooms seemed barely intact. Bent, warped walls. Destroyed electronics. It was easy to see two things, why the AI could not "see" the area, and why the AI wouldn't want anyone in. Virtually nothing is in working condition, and anyone who was caught in the room was clearly killed. Either burned, crushed, or smashed.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Iskierka," The AI requested as she moved throughout the Maintenance tunnels. The few monitors would display her avatar. "I am Detecting a life-sign, weak, in your proposed route. Please Investigate Medical Lab D."

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
"Alright, lets see what....we....have...to....work....Shit...." David trailed off as he saw the state of the Bridge, It was clearly a high value target in the attack.
"Riiiiiggghhhhtttt....huh....not sure if there is anything of value here..." He said as he looked around.
"Well, good news is we can still take the vents back, just have to climb into the non-broken part..."

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
"If it's not too much trouble, I need you to stop by the Medical Wing. If theres a bottle with the name E-17 on it, grab it. It's for my migranes." Johann said into his microphone, presumably to Ace. Jake smiled at what he overheard and reached into his satchel.

However he was unable to find a bottle of E-17's, which was odd because he should have, he actually had the med's of any member who had been red flagged in his report but there was no need to explain that to anyone.

The AI responded to Jake's inquiry "Currently there are no... Please wait. Extreme Danger: I am detecting life in a part of the ship I had originally lost access to. My scans may be 35% accurate, but I am unable to track two of the surviving crew members. Please attempt to detect if Command Stations are accessible, if is accessible by ventilation, please secure and repair the ventilation before the crew members are cut off. Priority 1!"

"Whoa, whoa, you're telling me Ace and David are trapped in there? And the only way in is a ventilation shaft that they sent smashing to the floor?! Not really sure what I can do for them but I'll head over there." Jake noticed Eli sleeping in the corner of the mess hall, he could be useful but Jake didn't want to wake him up.

"Wait a second...Codex can you get a hold of Marcus, we could use his help on this if he's not busy. Last I heard he was outside the ship, I want to make sure he isn't floating through space, either way." Jake said moving towards the door, unsure of what to do.

Edited my post to reflect the posts that came after that directly contradicted me, haha

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
*Snort* "Huhwazzit?" Eli woke suddenly, his face slightly damp from where he'd been drooling on the table. Blinking a few time to get his bearings he looked about, seeing Jake moving towards the door. "Hey what's happening?" He said, following. "We made contact with the other ship yet?"

Sorry for the lack of posting here, but...massive writers block for the character. Hopefully it'll leave me alone for awhile.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Ace opened his eyes to see David tearing off the end of the vent, giving him enough wiggle space to exit. He thanked his luck, and David's expertise, for leaving unscathed. He stood up and realized he had a limp, leaning on his left leg. "I don't think it's serious, I can w-walk," Ace said and followed David.

He wondered what he really should thank this time. His luck had let him live through the attack, there was no question about that. But what was letting him live now and what would let him escape was a different force entirely. Or was it? Should he even doubt his luck? Was his doubt slowly killing him? No, fuck luck. I have friends now. People I can rely on. They won't die... His head wound suddenly stung, the pain disappearing as quickly as it came.

Terror.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
"Dammit, I thought there might be something here...Alright shit, uuuhhhhh, Take a look around for anything that isn't broken." David ordered as he went back to where he found the Axe to begin his search.

Sigma Castell

Elite Member
Sep 10, 2011
Johann rubbed the bridge of his nose and sighed exasperatedly.
[b/]"All, I'm headed from E-deck to G-deck to find a view of the unknown vessel. Is there anyone in the area of G-deck and, if so, is there anything anyone needs from the intervening decks?"[/b]
Johann terminated the link to Ace, and linked his headset to Iskierka's comm.
"It's Johann. If you stop by the Medical Wing, please can you obtain a few bottles of the E-17 pills. It is rather urge-"
Johann gritted his teeth as a surge of pain lanced through his temples. He took a deep breath, then continued.
"It is rather urgent, so speed would be appreciated."

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Iskierka had only just confirmed Codex's words when she received another message. [b/]"It's Johann. If you stop by the Medical Wing, please can you obtain a few bottles of the E-17 pills. It is rather urge - It is rather urgent, so speed would be appreciated."[/b] Johann said, interrupted by a slight grunt of pain.

"I'm headed that way now. I'll grab all the bottles I can find and meet you in the Mess." she replied, altering her course slightly to take her toward the medical bay. Accessing her ship map, she crawled and slid down several decks through the network of maintenance tubing. she shuddered to think of how impossible the system would be to navigate without a map.

Eventually, she reached a lab on H-deck, similar to the room she had awoken in not long ago. The room was enormous, filled with enough beds to house all the victims the Aurora had expected to find. The bodies of several medical staff lay strewn about on the floor; they never had a chance. The lab was filled with massive medical equipment and endless jars of medical supplies, all labeled with incomprehensible names. After a few seconds looking at the materials, she found a case marked "E-17". she grabbed the jar of pills and put it aside. Iskierka activated her comm-link and sent off a message to Johann. "[b/]Johann[/b], I found the pills, I'll be back up the the Mess as soon as I investigate a life sign Codex picked up."

The medical supplies obtained, she started to search the room for the one living being still supposedly here, keeping an eye out for any medical supplies that might come in hand. Ignoring the obviously dead, she slowly started making her way around, checking the pulse of everyone who could be alive. Along the way, she found some more advanced supplies to supplement her first aid kit which she added for future need. She also took an access card from one of the medical officers in the event it was needed later.

After some time, she sensed the last still living person. She heard him before she saw him. The man lay between several of the hospital mattresses; likely the only reason he survived. He was dressed in a white smock with an undershirt and matching pants. The man had ruffled curly brown hair upon his head, stained with blood from a long gash on his forehead. A badge on his chest read "Phillip Day, British, Level 2 Cook C"

After finding him, Iskierka grabbed the nearest piles of bandages, adhesives, pain killer she could find. She carefully moved the man so he was on his back, his neck resting on a nearby pillow. After checking the medical database to ensure he was not allergic to that particular pain med, she placed a pair of them on his tongue and washed them down with a swig from a nearby water bottle, all while keeping his head steady in case he had more serious internal injuries. She then proceeded to bandage up the head wound.

About halfway through the process, Phillip started to awaken, moaning groggily, his eyes fluttering to life. "[b/]Mr. Day[/b], you have taken an injury to your head. I am trying to bandage you, but I need you to please hold still." she said, looking him in the eyes to keep his attention.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Eli awoke from his slumber "Hey what's happening? We made contact with the other ship yet?"

"Not quite yet, there seems to be a bit of a situation on the bridge, two of our fellow crew members may or may not be trapped, I'm headed over to have a look around, you can join me if you want." Jake said standing in the doorway.

0z0wen

Feb 11, 2009
Peered around blearily as he came to, he instinctively raised a hand to tentatively feel the wound on his head. With a groggy moan he blinked the fuzzyness from his eyes and spotted Iskierka, with a shout of protest he tried to bat her away weakly. After a minute or so he managed to gain his bearings and reached down, brandishing the knife at the woman. "You! Who are you?! Did you do this? How... How do you know who I am?"

Edit: Just thought I'd mention Philip's inventory: A kitchen knife, packet of vacuum packed dry food and a pocketful of the local currency. As well as the standard starting out items.