LOST: The End -- Thoughts?

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
Loved the show. Loved the finale. I was very satisfied with the end. I am neither a sucker nor gullible for holding such views (some of the IMDBers are going around with that little opinion).

Ericb

Sep 26, 2006
I get that the writers said they would stick wit hthe main thread of the show, which they did. It was Redemption and Atonement, by the way.

But they can't possibly pretend that the Island itself was almost a character on its own right. to let go of a opportunity to develop that was a waste of a good plot point. It sounds to me like they really were going to go for it, but lost their trail of thought halfway through.

Too many parallel plots with lossely defined connections might od that to you.

Despite that, there was a great quantity of memorable heartfelt acting and dialogue, and what a exercise on subtlety detection it was. It made me more aware of symbolic and psychological details in a narrative.

Love how the haters have very little to say about it despite a few poorly placed insults. Hate how the fans are the ones to blaim for it having so many haters.

Honestly, it would be easier to ignore a show you simply didn't care about if so many fans didn't make such a big deal about it.

But as the years go by, I believe the hate will subside and it will be remembered by its qualities. And it will be great, as long the critics don't forget that it had flaws too.

It sure as hell rose the bar for what quality writing in TV should be measured against (yeah, right... television will mostly suck, business as usual).

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
Ok i watched the 1st 2 seasons but got pissed off about all the plot twists and NOTHING ever being wrapped up. Just a continuous stream of twists and surprises.

I'm guessing in the end they had no choice but to wrap it up as "And then they woke up" because there was actually no way the could wrap it up without a full stop at the end like that.

The thing I don't get is if they are all dead... and had been dead since the plane crash. Then why the hell is the baby in that room with them? Didn't it get born after the crash?

iKeezer

May 22, 2011
I just finished watching Lost. And to be honest the ending was a disapointment, it could of ended in better ways. The most interesting unanswered aspects of the show were how the Island was created with the light, Dharma Initiative(in a way) and Richard Albert, until like we found out about Jacob and the 'Others' mistery was answered.

Overall, season 6 was just about tieing the knott and concluding everything. I didnt expect it to be like the other seasons. It was a really good series. I would love for there to be a Revelations season about how the Dharma found the Island, how the Others got to be there(People from Black Rock died remember) and like how the island was created and the first person EVER to be on the Island and how God or whomever tought them about the Light and that.