LotRO Dev Admits "We Were Wrong" About Radiance

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Akalabeth said:
SaintWaldo said:
You can't even see that target. I'm stating that they definitely did not tell the whole truth because they NEVER SAID WHY. That is true. Go find the "WHY we realeased this broken" explanation in their post. You can't. So my statement is true, and provable.

Are you sure you can read?
Yes, can you?

SaintWaldo said:
The thing is, there's another elephant in the room still, and it's bigger. The real elephant is that they are shining honesty as after thought and they won't admit what made them lie to themselves about what was good and true in the first place, and made their attempt to create a pastime into an act of prostitution: RENT that was due NOW.

If you are going to meditate, go all the way down. If you didn't go far enough this time, which these guys definitely did not do, improve your lungs. Try singing, but no matter what, always broadcast the truth.

Read the above. No where in those two paragraphs do you say "I think this is what happened" or "this might be what happened". You state three things as truths:

-They lied to themselves
-They compromised their artistry for money
-They're not telling the whole truth

As to the last point. Something you don't seem to understand is the concept of professionalism. People don't air their dirty laundry in public. Unlike yourself. You're sounding more and more like a disgruntled ex-industry guy who got laid off because you sucked so now you think you know the ins and outs of every studio.

Either way, the point is. You presented it as fact. Not as opinion. I've said this in my first post, I've said it in the following ten. Until you understand that BASIC difference, a difference that any five year old should know, then I can't help you.
Hey, you took my name off my words. That's OK, I know how to use HTML as meta-weapon, too. But not to obscure, like somebody we just saw try to pull a poison knife from a white glove. I use it to just name the most recent echo.

Again, Khan, you troll and barely worthy opponent, you KEEP MISSING THE TARGET. That part of the statement is about the missing "WHY" in their "act of contrition". I have already shown how I can say that and it's always truth.

The circumstantial story I use to fill it in (which you didn't quote, because it's pretty well qualified) is all about probability, because that's how you prove a circumstantial case. It just has to make as much or more sense than any other presented explanation. THIS is the thing you are trying to lie about. That I'm stating a circumstantial case is absolute truth, and I'm not. You didn't even find verbiage of that to quote.

And this is the end of my response this round. I will not re-argue the fitness of my insults. I warned thrice to be nice and now the cum is on your face for all to see.

I won't rub it in.

>editpost-script<

Another concept I haven't named but you are struggling with is that when I say "the truth" I mean "the whole truth". Studios SHOULD air their dirty laundry: it makes sure it's clean and it let's others know you know the source of your own stink most days.

>end post-script<

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
From what I understand Radience requires you to obtain pieces of armour (effectively keys) in order to have any chance of passing certain instances.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Before I start, where's your game, good bad or anything? Where's a picture you've drawn that you can hold up for anyone to see and take the hit of their opinions? I'm not saying you can't criticize something you haven't done, I'm saying don't cross the senses of someone who can prove they HAVE.

The game I linked was bad. Yep, it sure was. But not all of it was. Some good people made some pretty neat but transient art in that package, but we debased the whole thing, kind of abused Isaac Asimov's intellectual encodes in a sloppy way to extract rent from Byron Preiss Media [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Preiss]. And Byron wanted to be extracted. That's the truth about a dead man and a gone company, so who got hurt? Let them show their works and I might find them worth apologizing to.

There. That's how you go all the way down and say something you tried to charge other people for as art was really just rent. And that's why it sucked. And I only named one name, and he was rich enough and IS dead enough to not even care or get hurt. Everyone else is nameless and blameless, unless you want to go find the game and the liner notes. Because then you'll see a little bit of good art swallowed in avowed and acknowledged trash.

That's what honesty looks like. I don't care what you say about any of that story. That's the whole truth, with details hidden to protect the repentant or innocent from sick fucks like you.

Akalabeth said:
Are you investing money in the studio? No? Then you don't need to know.
Actually, I AM investing in a studio. The loan completes in 15 days.

On the mere honest and clear written declaration of that, the Escapist itself choose to send me to this year's GDC with a floor pass. Tell me I'm lying about that. You don't know that because you didn't pay the piddling $5 it took to get into pub club. I KNOW that because we have a BADGE, and you didn't trade any currency for passage on that boat. That's TRUTH, buddy.

Akalabeth said:
Are you working in the studio? No? Then you don't need to know.
I don't have to work in the studio to call this a kinda good idea but kinda bullshit if they don't go all the way thing to do, which is as tight as I can compress it without really losing signal. I'm not asking them to name names, just to BE HONEST ABOUT THE FULL AND REAL REASONS WHY. I didn't hear anything about the why. Just the what. And that's a half confession. That will always be true.

You know who WAS honest about the full why in this crap? EA Spouse [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Spouse]. And that changed that company and now they made ActiBlizzard blink on the music game business. I want ANY MMO to get to that level of honesty, so things can REALLY be fixed, which would be, to start, never putting out crap just to pay rent. That's the main reason the first game I worked on sucked (I didn't even LINK that one) and a core reason I'm fairly certain the next one won't. Because I'm honest about the past, fully and in public, or at least in front of a guy with a big stack of money.

So, go away, troll. You've been beat. Again and again. I've counted so much coup on you, it's almost embarrassing me in the riches. But not so much that I won't whack your head again if you come back for more.

Anyone else reading this, all past is prologue. I've learned this, and I hope you enjoy the fruits of my labors, very soon. Cheers to the reader so brave as to have gotten this far.

Kallisti and Namaste.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Akalabeth said:
SaintWaldo said:
Akalabeth said:
Are you investing money in the studio? No? Then you don't need to know.
Actually, I AM investing in a studio. The loan completes in 15 days.
Wow, proof positive that you are either unable or unwilling to read.
I said are you investing money in THE studio. And by THE studio I mean the studio that needs to air its dirty laundry. If the studio you're investing in has dirty laundry, then by all means you should know about it.

The LORTO studio on the other hand owes you NOTHING.
Yeah, you're right, I did misread the "the" as an "a". My bad, I'll own that. That's ONE point for you. You've scored no other points. I've scored many more than one. Here's the count so far on the shit that really matters:

I've never said LOTRO studio owed me anything. I said they owed THEMSELVES full public honesty with the names of the innocent and yet to repent removed(1). I showed that the missing WHY was my reason to seeing the level of truth that actually becomes a test that can be a rule to apply to oneself in the future(2). They didn't say anything that could become a rule, because they never defined a test(2a). This isn't munitions, this is ETHICS(3). And I reject a half confession as a fully ethical one(4). WHOLE TRUTH OUT(5).

Those are my points that you have never been able to refute without counter. By rules of debate, those are what I've won with my words and my razor of my mind. You conceded them by not responding, I conceded your point affirmatively when it was due. That's how I know I'm better at this than you.

There the points are, all FIVE. Your ONE POINT is also on the board. I can go another round, but that's the score it's too late to undo.

So it's at the very least 5 to one, baby. One in five. No one here gets out alive, now.

Another round?

P.S.

I'm also not saying you can't say anything in this thread to present a different POV. Just don't try to twist my words back at me in quotes for your silly idea of fight club. Just say your shit on its own and see if anyone likes it, don't try to hitch it to mine. You want this to stop, stop quoting. You go first.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Akalabeth said:
Cheating Deleted.
No. This is debate. Those were closed and conceded points by you. You failed to respond to them and I asserted them. You don't get to reopen them. They were already counted. This game ends sometime, you understand this, right? Otherwise it's public masturbation on your part, and I won't let you do that on my words. Get out of here, filthy monkey.

You already lost in trying to re-open those. Go ask anyone who knows debate. Bring them here, have them read this. They will tell you that you lost.

I'll wait.

I don't even need to respond past this. I know I've already won.

But, if you quote me again, I will. And this time not with anything like an argument.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
You didn't refute, you attempted to reopen. You try that in front of a judge and he will turn your head around real quick, son.

That there isn't a judge here doesn't change the fact that you've been hit fatally.

You are the raging samurai in the Kurosawa film, the one who HAS to take it to real swords because he won't quit beating bushes like an ape when he sees a TRUE warrior.

I'm the calm one. And it's OK if you have to take it to real swords, because I'll be the one unchanged by your rage.

And anyone with judgment watching is saying, "What a waste," just like the seeking samurai who wants to save a village.

That's decoding. You're a child playing at guns who won't fall down when he's been shot. If you go yelling "bang-bang" at the back of a gunslinger, you'd better hope he has the heart and the wits to not kill you where you stand, but let you run and play.

I'll let you run and play. Little fool. You've taught me a lot, and I doubt you can admit learning anything from me.

You can hoot and holler about winning if you want, now. Go ahead. But you've been shown how you were shot and you wouldn't fall down when it was a game. Anything now is crying to mommy about how everyone's mean because they won't play gunfight with you anymore.

Bang bang, I shot my baby down.