Lots of New Vegas DLC Coming This Summer

Apr 28, 2008
Sounds awesome. I enjoyed Dead Money. The weapons/perks and stuff it added were actually balanced with the rest of the game, unlike Fallout 3's Anchorage, which added a suit thats essentially an unlimited stealth boy, a super-strong shock-sword, and the really strong gauss rifle. Two weapons which when combined with the stealth suit completely break the game. And so I just don't use them, which turns Anchorage into a crappy experience with good loot into just a crappy experience.

Glad that New Vegas and Obsidian are avoiding that, hopefully they keep on avoiding it.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
At last some concrete dates for the next dlc, still cannot decide if I should wait it out until all the dlc is out or just feed my fallout itch as soon as they come out.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Andronicus said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Only Old World Blues sounds like my thing, from a plot standpoint, to be honest.

That said...it all truly depends on the loot the DLC adds. Not the story behind the DLC, for me. After all, the quests are temporary. The loot is forever. :)

I honestly consider Anchorage the best FO3 DLC due to the Power Armor and Stealth Suit.
Really? All you care about is loot? In that case, I wouldn't even bother with DLC; just use mods, assuming you're playing on PC. If all DLC did was add more armour and weapons, I'd save my money for something a little more substantial.

Funnily, enough, I actually consider the reverse: things come and go, but stories are forever.
And don't get me wrong. I still like a good story. It's just never my primary motivation. I'd never pay PURELY for weapons. Unless "Spell Tomes" for Oblivion counts.
That's ok. I just found it funny that you're focused mostly on loot in a game so heavily based on canon and backstory and such. Like I said, if what you get is a gun, then that's all it is: something that can shoot other things. There are already guns in the game, so it's really all just the same to me. But stories can evoke emotion, expose backstory in the world, change perspectives, provide new ideas, highlight old ones, etc.

That isn't so say that this is always the case, but I'd take a bad story over a good gun anyday of the week.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I'm thinking I'll just wait til around Christmas and pick it up when Steam has a special on it, but it is good to know more is coming.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Zion national park? Unspoiled? Google Image Search tells me that this could be an incredible boon for an explorer-type player (such as myself).

Furthermore, since they're willing to wander a good ways outside the current game map for these DLCs (Zion being in Utah), it seems not unreasonable to me that Lonesome Road, set in the "Divide," actually takes place in and around the entire Grand Canyon. (Edit: Maybe people already knew this. I didn't...) Which, again, would be awesome for us explorer types.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Andronicus said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Andronicus said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Only Old World Blues sounds like my thing, from a plot standpoint, to be honest.

That said...it all truly depends on the loot the DLC adds. Not the story behind the DLC, for me. After all, the quests are temporary. The loot is forever. :)

I honestly consider Anchorage the best FO3 DLC due to the Power Armor and Stealth Suit.
Really? All you care about is loot? In that case, I wouldn't even bother with DLC; just use mods, assuming you're playing on PC. If all DLC did was add more armour and weapons, I'd save my money for something a little more substantial.

Funnily, enough, I actually consider the reverse: things come and go, but stories are forever.
And don't get me wrong. I still like a good story. It's just never my primary motivation. I'd never pay PURELY for weapons. Unless "Spell Tomes" for Oblivion counts.
That's ok. I just found it funny that you're focused mostly on loot in a game so heavily based on canon and backstory and such. Like I said, if what you get is a gun, then that's all it is: something that can shoot other things. There are already guns in the game, so it's really all just the same to me. But stories can evoke emotion, expose backstory in the world, change perspectives, provide new ideas, highlight old ones, etc.

That isn't so say that this is always the case, but I'd take a bad story over a good gun anyday of the week.
You should see me in Dragon Age.

I'm break my role-playing and preform an evil act in heartbeat for loot, if it's a minor quest overall. Remember that Deep Roads uber-demon quest?

Took the money and ran. On my good character.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Awesome. I'm pretty burnt out on New Vegas, but this new DLC should give me a reason to play some more.

I liked Dead Money, but hopefully these are significantly different from it.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
DanielPowell33 said:
All I want is a DLC that will let me continue playing after I've beaten the main story.
Yes, yes, and more yes. I would love this. That way you could actually SEE how your endgame decisions impacted the Mojave, instead of just having it told to you in a voiceover slideshow.

As for this DLC bonanza, I think I'll just wait for the GOTY edition or a Steam sale. Otherwise the cost comes out to about the same as just buying a whole new game.

record andickab

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Each Fallout: New Vegas DLC release will sell for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live or $9.99 on the PlayStation Network, Steam and Direct2Drive, and in a nice twist, unlike the first DLC release Dead Money, will be released for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC simultaneously.
this i was suprised about

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Its funny because I was just wondering about the release date of just Honest Hearts last night on Twitter, glad to see that Obsidian didn't just answer that question but the next two after it as well. Can't wait to dive back into the game.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Aw man. I don't really need to spend another $30 on games this summer. I have to save up for the Fall! Damn you Bethesda/Obsidian!

Maybe some of these will go on sale on XBL...

Nesutaa

Nov 9, 2009
You know, I'd like to be excited, but I'd like Bethesda to actually release a patch that doesnt break the game before we start talking about new dlc. Its especially frustrating playing this game on the pc. You finally get the game to work without crashing every 15 minutes, only for a new patch to get released and throw everything out of whack again...

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
TestECull said:
Now how about releasing a patch that makes the game actually work? I still haven't played Dead Money because I can NOT get it to behave itself.
I was feeling the same way when the first dlc hit but now I just feel so done with it. I've been lending it out to different friends hoping that one of them has better luck with it but they don't.
If any of these dlcs end up being really cool, I might get goty for the pc.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
This pleases me.
My courier shall deliver packages of butt-whoopin again!

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
As much as I wish to dream....

PSN is still broken to hell!

Im betting Old World Blues is like Mothership Zeta

Also....dickmove if you use another plot point to strip me of my gear...

I understood it in Dead Money....tho it was stupid and a pain in the ass...

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
I wonder how the DLCs will integrate into the main storyline.

For example, I should hope the saga with the Burned Man would take place after the main story of the game. It'd be kind of awkward to show up to Caesar's Camp with Joshua Graham in tow. Then again, with a May 17 release, it's gonna have to compete with L.A. Noire for my attention.

Other than the new location, Old World Blues sounds the least interesting to me. I mean, it's Fallout gameplay, so it's still the best news I've heard today. Still, if all it's gonna be is a shoot n' loot like Anchorage, I'll file it neatly in the "meh" folder.

Lonesome Road sounds freakin' awesome, though. Ever since I picked up the Collector's Edition playing cards, I've been stoked to find out more about Ulysses. The way Obisidian's been dropping hints along the way, it sounds like shit is about to get real. I cannot wait.

"The day I set my flag down, it'll be over my body or over a nation I believe in."