Love Songs, Please Just Give Us A Break

iplaygamesyo

Jul 31, 2010
Okay, so I am just a bit aggravated about love songs at the moment and I am wondering if I am alone on this? Every bad has some stupid love song and most bands have all love songs. Is this me being nit picky or is music very repetitive? I feel like I spend many more hours looking for quality music then I do actually listening to new quality music...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
All songs are about love, or sex.

Except for five which are about driving.
not quite true....even if they are some songs are more abstract in their meaning..I have ALOT of songs that arent about love or sex....

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I disagree! Here is a love song that will really tug at your heart strings:

This includes such romantic lines as:
"I wanna do it till the sun comes up"
"I wanna go so long that your parents think you died"
"We're gonna go until our legs give out"
"We can do it until the batteries are done and borrower two from the TV Remote to turn the thing back on"
"We're gonna do it hanging upside down"

and of course, the one line that will always bring a smile to your lovers face

"Start John Deere across my ass and ride me up and down the lawn"

Easily the most romantic song ever and I dare you to look me in the eye and tell me that you don't believe in love after hearing that. You can't do it!

iplaygamesyo

Jul 31, 2010
I don't know. Where are the songs that use to turn mobs into movements? Musicians pulled out the best in the world and put good tunes to it. Now people just blab words into a microphone. The same words in a slightly different tone. Buckethead for instance. Musician. I went to a buckethead concert and watched him wail a guitar for five hours one time. Not enough people in the world respect that.

P.S. I am ignoring the Nickleback situation above me.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
It's more along the lines of "SEX! SEX! SEX!' So yeah I need a break, but that's because I'm emotionally salty 80% of the time. And I hope you're referring to pop music, because I keep on listening to two songs that are both awesome and depressing but meaning love in the media's sense[footnote]Who wants to help kill the modern pop culture and start over? The fact that I'm still called a geek for no reason at all annoys the shit out of me.[/footnote] and guess what? It's not a pop song!

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Vault101 said:
not quite true....even if they are some songs are more abstract in their meaning..I have ALOT of songs that arent about love or sex....
It's POSSIBLE I wasn't being ENTIRELY serious.

You can never be sure, though.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:

when it comes to music hyperbowl like that isnt too uncommon
iplaygamesyo said:
I don't know. Where are the songs that use to turn mobs into movements? Musicians pulled out the best in the world and put good tunes to it. Now people just blab words into a microphone. The same words in a slightly different tone. Buckethead for instance. Musician. I went to a buckethead concert and watched him wail a guitar for five hours one time. Not enough people in the world respect that.

P.S. I am ignoring the Nickleback situation above me.
case in point

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
So, your telling me, that you've had enough with silly love songs?

What's wrong with that? I'd like to know, cause here I go... AGAIN!

OT: Most of the music I listen to from the modern day isn't about love. Anyways; Love sells. We heart Love. As long as it sells, they'll keep selling it.

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
iplaygamesyo said:
Okay, so I am just a bit aggravated about love songs at the moment and I am wondering if I am alone on this? Every bad has some stupid love song and most bands have all love songs. Is this me being nit picky or is music very repetitive? I feel like I spend many more hours looking for quality music then I do actually listening to new quality music...
so many bands have NONE at all man...

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
And you only just noticed?

It's because it's comfort zone for a lot of artists. You can say plenty of stupid crap and your audience will dismiss it as metaphor. Also, people are less likely to be able to say "Now that's just all BS" because it isn't about a tangible thing. The funny thing is, some songs have tried subverting it, like "Bad Romance" and "E.T.", which are love but with an infection/alien twist, it's quite amusing.

And yeah, I'm sick of it too, but in the end I don't really care for most lyrics anyway.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Vault101 said:
BloatedGuppy said:

when it comes to music hyperbowl like that isnt too uncommon
Hy...hyperbowl? Come on Vault, that's new even for you. Now I can't stop thinking about some sort of blood bowl football game or something =P

OT: Some love songs are alright, but not many (In my opinion, person who is going to quote me and say that what I said was fact even though nothing anyone says is fact unless it, you know, is, and therefore saying in my opinion is stupid)

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
All love songs aren't bad.
It depends, there can also be several different love songs like love for another person, love for something else like a country, football team etc. It's all about how you interpret a song pretty much even if the band has thought something about a song they can't decide how people will interpret their songs.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
There is only one love song we need:

<youtube=VVmbhYKDKfU>
What is love?

This next song takes me back to my first crush in primary school
<youtube=Yt-KMPvgKPo>

The song is bad, but not awful because no autotune.

NiPah

May 8, 2009
This is the only love song I enjoy:

But yeah, other then that I hate love songs.