Love, why can't you find it?

dcrane

Sep 8, 2010
Simple:
You're either not getting out enough/finding enough reasons to interact (in the flesh) with new people
Or
When you do get out, you present yourself as closed: always on your cell/game system/Kindle or subconsciously rejecting people on the surface ((s)he's not hot/ not interested in me/etc)

To all those that say "but what if I get rejected?" I reply: go do something you're good at; take confidence from it; put yourself out there again; rinse and repeat

Remember:
Most of the passionate/interesting/funny people you'll meet don't make the time or effort to look like models - it's your relationship: the only one that needs to judge it is you! (and your significant other, of course)

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Too much work honestly and I plan on joining the military in a few years. I really don't want anyone worrying about me much more than they have to.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I found love, lost it, found it, lost it, I'll find it again.

Love is a nebulous thing, and you can't predict when it will strike. However, you certainly shouldn't try to "force" your way into love just because you're afraid of loneliness otherwise- that's the best way to lose love entirely.

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
I'm 14. Thought I should start with that.

I've had crushes on a total of 3 guys.
First guy I became friends with, but then when I took anything he said as something to be jealous about that withered away.
Second laughed when I told him the way he made fun of me every day made me feel like the world would be better off dead.
Third never saw me as more than a friend, that and coupled with my constant teasing of him...

So I'm not really that good with knowing how to act around guys, and one was a dick.

Right now I'm TRYING to find love. I'm currently interested in one boy that I'm trying to act somewhat normal around, and who isn't a dick.

Plus I often have low self-esteem, and when you think there's no chance of being loved back, you don't feel like trying.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
dcrane said:
Simple:
You're either not getting out enough/finding enough reasons to interact (in the flesh) with new people
Or
When you do get out, you present yourself as closed: always on your cell/game system/Kindle or subconsciously rejecting people on the surface ((s)he's not hot/ not interested in me/etc)

To all those that say "but what if I get rejected?" I reply: go do something you're good at; take confidence from it; put yourself out there again; rinse and repeat

Remember:
Most of the passionate/interesting/funny people you'll meet don't make the time or effort to look like models - it's your relationship: the only one that needs to judge it is you! (and your significant other, of course)
I'm French.
I always show off my amazing fluent English speaking skills in class and all the girls look at me strangely XD (#SWAG)
I wonder if that would help

Dec 14, 2009
brandon237 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I'm engaged to the same girl I met at 15 (I'm 24 on Saturday).

I'd be lying if I said relationships are hard, because they're not.
If you click with someone in just the right way, it's really not hard.

I'm not the stereotypical, socially awkward geek.
The geek part is true, I just don't break out in a cold sweat when it comes to dealing with people. You'd be surprised how just being a funny guy can get you through most situations.
Damn... as far as these things go, you are my Escapist role model.
And the last part is true for me too, people have relied on me to do many things simply because I am confident...

OP: I have not had trouble with this, I am 16 and have been going out with my girlfriend for around a year and three months... and it has been amazing. There have been some external things (ie: parents and her ex) that caused bumps, but otherwise all good. She really is amazing, we also share many ideas and a similarly warped sense of humour which makes for funny times :D
Well I can honestly say that's the first time someone has referred to me as a role model.

I must not use this power for evil.

With great power, comes a great beatdown responsibility.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I am big on Love. I had one relationship that screwed up, and because of that, I don't feel the need to really try anymore after that.

I gave an engagement ring to my girlfriend of four years, found out she couldn't get pregnant, more things happened (pregnancy wasn't the reason, not to me), and we broke up. It's vague because I don't have too much time to type, but it's not a great event.

Now, I'm afraid I will run into her, and she keeps writing to me in ways that seem like she wants to see me. Don't get me wrong, in the first two and a half years since our breakup, I loved her, and I still do, but she got married a few months ago, and now she's writing things to me that really creep me the hell out.

I'm 21, and because of one relationship, I have turned into a bit of an asshole about it, and evaluating my relationship of four years, there is a lot that tells me I shouldn't be with anybody. No woman (or man, if I liked Men) should have to deal with me, so I have taken up the idea that I should be alone. Every girl I meet now, either is so cute I don't want to get to the inevitable thought of sleeping with her, or so pretty that she wouldn't give me a chance.

I have many factors that delve into the reason why I can't find love, and the reason is me, I think.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
Because I never move up from the dating phase, going out it's fun but relationships are something that you need dedicate a lot of time to truly develop, and I think I'm not ready to get serious with anyone just yet.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
I simply cannot be bothered. At least not for the time being. In the future I guess i'll start looking for a relationship and settle down a bit but for now I am a happy single man. :D

Tautology

Apr 5, 2011
Quite a few reasons I suppose. The ones that immediately come to mind are:

-I'm not much of a sociable person, so I don't meet people much, if at all. There are also no people around my age to socialize with for miles. Have no friends because of it.

-Not much for conversation.

-I would describe my appearance as average, but apparently my extra short height and small build makes me unattractive.

-I lack charisma and a decent sense of humor, I have a fair amount of confidence though.

-I have trouble empathizing with and reading people, can't figure them out, mind blindness it's called. It makes me come off as cold and emotionless. That coupled with my relationship with my mother and experience in school has made me rather paranoid and mistrusting of women and people in general.

-My black and white uncompromising attitude towards everything.

-My standards are way too high.

-Fear that if I do enter into a relationship with a person, I will be hurt by that person in some way.

-there are many things I forgot to mention or chose not to for sake of brevity.

Despite all that, I fell in love once. Ironically, due to the situation surrounding it, I never pursued her and let it die out of practicality, fear, and disgust with myself.

I've since given up looking a long time ago and resigned myself to a life of quiet, lonely celibacy.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
I have zero confidence in myself

besides I found it then screwed it up because I was an idiot.

It won't happen again and I don't want it to either.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
steeple said:
because I've never been approached by anyone, and the act of asking someone out is almost impossible for me...
Pretty much this. Can't find something you aren't looking for, after all.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
I feel people use the word love way too lightly and that it is rarer than people think

Russirishican

Feb 9, 2011
I am not in a good relationship because quite frankly people suck a cats left teat. Men's personalities usually resemble their weekends, i.e. a lot of jerking. Women's personalities usually consist of whining more than an actual female dog and slapping people and getting away with it because they aren't as perfect as they think that they themselves are. My favorite form of entertainment is watching smugly from above as people get hurt by other people because of relationships. I don't have to say I told you so because they have kicked themselves so many times for even getting into the dead end relationship that they have probably said it to themselves already.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahah........

Okay, I think I'm alright now, anyways the "real" reason I'm not in a good relationship is because I myself have witnessed first hand how pointless they are. Boning can only get you so much satisfaction because you certainly aren't dating anyone to get an emotional fulfillment or any bullshit like that. Honestly I don't see why we don't just cut out the middle man and you can put all of that money you spent on your last girlfriend into an ultra realistic sex toy, you soulless knob happy jerk. Either way its much more fun to laugh when this happens to other people and they still don't realize what they're doing wrong.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH- NO, just go take the pills and it will all be oka- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Imbrium

Jul 2, 2008
Three words: Social Anxiety Disorder.

I'm guessing a lot of the people in this thread are the same, even if they don't know it yet.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I used to be very popular with the opposite sex, but several years ago I started developing social phobia and anxiety. Still had a few rolls in the hay since then... however now the social phobia has gotten the upper hand and I don't have any social circle left anymore.
Trying to get rid of it but it seems more and more impossible.