Love

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
=C i thought this was gonna be about that online game made by one person that kinda disappeared after awhile

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
CannibalRobots said:
Riobux said:
CannibalRobots said:
Riobux said:
The feeling for longing to be with a particular person for hours on end daily. The feeling of ultimate trust where, through marriage, you give your partner the key to everything you own, trusting that they wouldn't steal it from you.
Not really, I'd call that stupidity, not love.
I'm glad you're part of the consensus that love doesn't exist and what little of it that does exist, it's a horrible device created to tear the soul of men and women alike.
Did I say that?
No, but I'm glad to know that you can think critically instead of spouting bullshit you dont even know.
I'm glad you're able to use sarcasm to prove a point. It's doing a great job.

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
Love is the word we use to describe a concept of caring for something or someone beyond the satisfaction of physical desires and instincts. Nothing more, nothing less.

Xpwn3ntial said:
Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.
If I could love you right now, I wouldn't. Reading this brought a tear to my eye.

ScarletRider

Jan 6, 2010
Grandmother said this: Even in a world full of only enemies, there will always be someone you must protect.

If I would protect her, at all costs, that to me is love.

Prof. Sandvich

Oct 15, 2010
To me love is something that two people share. Something that allows them to share everything with the other knowing that they will accept and understand. Love is the willingness to sacrifice everything for the other without a second thought. Also if two people love each other in a carnal that is not lust. Lust is unfiltered hormones driven desires for pleasure, where love is two people in the most beautiful of unions. Love is hope, understand, acceptance, and a willingness to do anything for the well-being of the other.

Just my thoughts on this abstract concept.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Love is a fictional concept created by the hollywood system to make us watch Romantic comedies.

Halcyone3

Mar 4, 2011
viking97 said:
dogstile said:
Love is the slowest form of suicide.

ever notice the first post is always really unpredictable? i <3 the escapist
actually, that was the most predictable post in this whole thread, i'm amazed it lasted 2 pages with such a low troll density.

Realistical and current definition of love? a pimped out expensive car. I only wish i were trying to troll.

Spartan X1

Mar 7, 2011
Love is feeling like the other person is what keeps you up and warms your heart always they're always there for you and they return your what you feel and feel the same way and once they're gone it feels like a piece of you went with them.

Fiend Dragon

Apr 7, 2010
Every single time one of these threads comes up I get the overwhelming urge to just pop in like a massive asshole and just post:

'baby don't hurt me...'

'don't hurt me...'

'no more...'

So this time I did.

That's what these threads are about.

Now that that's done, by all means, back to your serious and engrossing discussion.
<3< c3< [http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004292]

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
Fiend Dragon said:
Every single time one of these threads comes up I get the overwhelming urge to just pop in like a massive asshole and just post:

'baby don't hurt me...'

'don't hurt me...'

'no more...'

So this time I did.

That's what these threads are about.

Now that that's done, by all means, back to your serious and engrossing discussion.
<3< c3< [http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004292]
Mm, yep, this is pretty much what popped into my head as well.

But I'll do my best to actually answer seriously as well.

What people forget is that there's all sorts of love, not just romantic love. I love my parents and my brother. I love my friends. I love my dogs. I love chocolate and the color purple. All of these different kinds of love aren't the same thing, and I don't think that it can be easily described by just a sentence or two.

Also... there's a lot of "love is horrible" responses coming up. Anyone care to tell me why or defend their position?

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Zeithri said:
Not helping since that's not true.
Everything is a part of love.
And I've been rejected so many times that I can deal with it.
- But that's me.
You seem a little confused about it. Consider this:

There is no such thing as "cold". You can't have an "amount of cold", it's not something that can be measured. We only measure heat. Once you hit 0 kelvin, that's it. "Cold" is simply a lack of heat. Without heat, you would only have "cold".

There is no such thing as "darkness". You can't measure, see, or feel darkness. "Darkness" is really just a lack of light. Without light, you would only have "darkness".

Pain, rejection, betrayal. These things are not love. In the same vein, these are what I would call a lack of love. In a world where love does not exist, these would be the only things left.

You can't get rid of pain by getting rid of love any more than you can get rid of darkness by dismissing light, or getting rid of the cold by sapping away all heat.

Adam80027

Jan 8, 2010
The Greek language has several words that all point to the general term "love". Eros is erotic love. This love is based a lot on sensation and desire. Such love drives those experiencing it to briefly become as one. Dating couples are a good example of Eros. Eros is sort of a selfish love: it depends on how much the self can benefit. If the relationship is no longer beneficial to one person or the other, it is not to last. Eros isn't perfect on its own.

Then there's Philos: the love of fondness. Philos is about give and take. Both parties benefit mutually by the relationship. Philos is seen in close friendships, family members, and other such people. Camaraderie is a good comparison. Philos could be considered brotherly love. It's based in respect and trust. Philos can be broken, however. If either person does not contribute, or if trust is betrayed, the love is fractured. Philos is also an imperfect love, but one that even non-romantic people should be familiar with.

Finally comes Agape. Agape is perfect love, and can only REALLY be seen in two places: The ideal marriage, and the love from God to creation. (Forecasting some negative response here, but bear with.) Agape is a love of sacrifice, patience, and forgiveness. Agape goes beyond the other two forms of love because it is selfless. The Bible says, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (1 Corinthians 13:4-7) This is the love God shows for us, even if we don't recognize it. Marriage is supposed to be a reflection of the man-God relationship. Where a person unites himself to God in spirit, a married couple unite in flesh. Eros and Philos result in some kind of synergy that hopefully results in Agape. The ideal situation is that the two loves are healthy and mutual enough that both people involved take on an attitude of sacrifice, patience, and forgiveness.

Tennou486

Dec 26, 2008
Jaded Scribe said:
Love is what makes all those sappy songs make sense. :)
This. I never listened to love songs until I had my first crush, and then I couldn't stop until I got over the person.