Lucas Launches Lawsuit Over Jedi Mind's Tricks

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
People with mind control are being sued?

Mind control?

Well they are total dumbasses.

Wait, shit, they don't have mind control. Misread the articles. I are a stupids.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
Ironic Pirate said:

Mind control?

Wait, shit, they don't have mind control. Misread the articles. I are a stupids.
It's not the mind control, it's the name, Jedi Mind. That and the fact they said they would change the name but never did.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
People have to learn the difference between copyright and trademarks. And if they could understand the article they supposedly just read, that'd be great too. >_>

Well... personally I plan to see if I can have one of my first names changed to Jedi. That's going to be interesting, and I'd love to actually be "Jedi M B" for real.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
awsome117 said:
Ironic Pirate said:

Mind control?

It's not the mind control, it's the name, Jedi Mind. That and the fact they said they would change the name but never did.
I meant they should use that to make Lucas not press charges, or something, but they don't actually have it. I knew they were being sued by the name.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
Ironic Pirate said:
awsome117 said:
Ironic Pirate said:

Mind control?

I meant they should use that to make Lucas not press charges, or something, but they don't actually have it. I knew they were being sued by the name.
Ah, I see what you mean. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Lucasarts trolling again.

I might start levitating shit to piss them off now.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
awsome117 said:
Ironic Pirate said:
awsome117 said:
Ironic Pirate said:

Mind control?

Ah, I see what you mean. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Nah, it was my fault. I didn't even read the article right...

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
KaiRai said:

1) LucasArts is the game division, and is not in any way related to this case.

2) *sigh*

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
hyperdrachen said:
buy teh haloz said:
Quit getting your hideously swollen neck in a twist Lucas, you fucking pansy. Since when did you own the trademarks to mind control?
Read article! Suit is about them naming thier company "JEDI MIND"
I read it, but I just wanted to use the hideously swollen neck joke... >_<

Neino Ranatos

Jul 12, 2010
A computer you control with your mind? I dunno about that...sounds like an obvious villain trick to steal your IQ....would be interesting, though.

OT:

Yeah, Lucas has the rights to sue for this one. I can't really think of any reason the company had to use "Jedi" in the name other than more popularity.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
JediMB said:
KaiRai said:

1) LucasArts is the game division, and is not in any way related to this case.

2) *sigh*
Well I thoguht LucasArts and George Lucas were part of one in the same. Pardon me for that error.

Lucas Trolling again.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
They own the concept of throwing lightning? Quick, someone call Zeus, he will want to have a say about that.

Rancid0ffspring

Aug 23, 2009
RvLeshrac said:
FloodOne said:
Wait, what? Lucas holds the trademark for levitating objects and shooting lightning? Can they do that?
He can in the specific context of Jedi. It wouldn't affect, say, a fakir's levitation act, unless that fakir was claiming to be a Jedi.
I agree. Otherwise Lucas would have tried to raise a law suit against anyone or anything using telekinesis or lightning, Bioshock for example.

Why didn't Lucas sue Irrational Games or 2K? Oh thats right because they didn't call them Jedi powers they called them Plasmids.

I think these developers or what ever they are deserve whats coming to them just for being stupid.

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
Woodsey said:
Coming from people who made (what I assume to be) such an amazing device, they really are quite stupid.

And before this thread devolves into people bashing George Lucas for being "greedy", remember what he actually does with his money. He has every right to protect what is copyrighted (or whatever it is) to him, and he takes no issue with non-profiteering projects that technically infringe on that.
What does he do with his money?

Chainsaws_of_War_2

Jan 15, 2009
FloodOne said:
Wait, what? Lucas holds the trademark for levitating objects and shooting lightning? Can they do that?
In essence it seems George Lucas has found a way to sue supreme beings when they finally reveal themselves to Earth.

The things people do for money these days...