LucasArts Promises to Stop Disappointing Fans

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
Major Tom said:
megs1120 said:
TheSniperFan said:
OK, start with making Jedi Knight 4. And make it like Jedi Knight 2 and not like 3.
I'd love that, but it'd take some hard work coming up with a way to get Kyle Katarn back into action. Maybe remake the original Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight? It's one of my all-time favorite games, but jeez, is it ugly.
Why Dark Forces 2? Kyle was the protagonist is the original Dark Forces as well, why not start right at the beginning? Then again, my view is coloured by the fact I'm not a fan of Jedi's.....
I was thinking the same thing, but I remember how pissed off people were that you didn't start off with a lightsaber and force powers. Besides, Katarn is an original trilogy-style self-trained semi-Jedi, in that he has the powers but he's a bit clumsy with them. That'd avoid the obnoxious jumping spinning flying through the air bullshit of the prequel trilogy.

Also, absolutely, we need a new space combat sim. Get on it, Lucasarts.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
See, you used to provide some of the greatest games ever.

Then you dumped all your good people to milk the Star Wars cow.

Now you've ran out of milk, you want to come back after making SWTFU?

Sorry guys, these are not the fans you're looking for. Move along.
Could not have put it better myself. And the fact that George Lucas himself isn't saying this isn't gaining them any points either. Too little. Too late.
Beyond owning it, I've never seen Lucas mention anything to do with LucasArts, I'm not sure why you'd expect his comment on anything to be any more valid than that of the CEO who actually works at the company.

OT: Their problem is that they don't have any imagination. "Living out the fantasy of being a Jedi", for instance, is not best represented in a linear, 8-hour action game.

HHKelevra

Jun 5, 2010
So... I certainly hope that SW Kinect train wreck I just watched wasn't part of that whole "stop disappointing fans" gameplan.

Kenami

Nov 3, 2010
All I read was; We are Lucasarts and we choose to create games that will not make us as much money as the ones people want.

I know its going to seem like beating on a dead horse but...come on where is Battlefront 3 and Rogue Squadron 4? or better yet....Republic Commando 2 or Imperial Commando? How did not making these games become top priority?