Lulzsec

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
DrMetal said:
Arcane Azmadi said:
Lulzsec are a bunch of stupid, worthless little fucktards. They don't need a reason to screw things up, they just think it's funny to piss people off because they can. They're scum and I hope someone eventually tracks them down and punishes them in a big way.
If you want to gain status as hacker group, you have to hack a bunch of stuff first... All kinds of attacks and hacks... Simple as...
This isn't "gaining status." This is just pissing people off.

People like me, who no longer feel like bothering with the internet because of people like this.

KhakiHat

Dec 28, 2008
drisky said:
Dr.Nick said:
I love comedy, too bad most people can't get over the fact that it's funny to watch others get hacked until it happens to something you're close to. Just laugh at ourselves and get over it.
Your right 404 messages are hilarious can't we just all take a joke [/sarcasm]
[http://s491.photobucket.com/albums/rr273/KhakiHat/?action=view¤t=abb5ed8aa2505f5018c3670ca9c9754c-bpfull.jpg]
I'm so sorry. I just had to.

Aside from the lost revenue for my favorite gaming website, I just couldn't bring myself to care. Do you guys play games together? do you have meaningful and lasting conversation? What about creating things, do you do that here? No?

Well then, I must say I dont care. And insteed of felling sorry, I can only giggle as people run around complaining about their lost escapist experience. It will com back. It will be better. But it will not be necessary.

Now denying me my weekly dose of Extra Credit on the other hand...

[edit]Sorry, hit post before preview. Hackers and all that, lolz.

Blind77

Jul 2, 2010
DrMetal said:
If you want to gain status as hacker group, you have to hack a bunch of stuff first... All kinds of attacks and hacks... Simple as...
There's a difference between hackers and crackers:
http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/H/hacker.html

Lulzsec haven't done anything worthy enough to be called hackers.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
I think there was a thread on here that was really bad mouthing Lulzsec so that apparently pissed them off. I remember them tweeting about it.

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
Eve Online is the only service still down due to this attack, and it's because CCP decided to shut down the servers completely to prevent 'further damage' and 'looking into the cause' and whatnot. :(

They did attacks on Minecraft, Escapist, Eve-Online and League of Legends. Also 1 more of which the name escapes me at the moment.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I'll let metallica explain what I feel should be done.
http://images.suite101.com/575728_com_killemall.jpg
35 members of anonymous were arrested recently but Lulzsec is doing things WAY more illegal right now, so I figure when they are caught they will go down hard.

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
drisky said:
Dr.Nick said:
I love comedy, too bad most people can't get over the fact that it's funny to watch others get hacked until it happens to something you're close to. Just laugh at ourselves and get over it.

Honestly its just annoying not funny, the comedic equivalent of repeatedly poking someone.

Less like poking, more like sticking your dick in someone's eye.

The other thing that bothers me about this group is that unlike anonymous, they only do it for the lulz, and they're organized.

Chappy

May 17, 2010
They came, I saw, And I went back to painting.

Really the more they hack the more attention they get although that may be what they want if they get the attention of to many people it probably won't end well for them.

All the same this is just a website guys if it goes down for a few hours just do something else.

I've got to wonder though the people paying them money :/ how many played EvE Online?..

MazeMinion

Mar 7, 2010
Blind77 said:

From all the possible targets they picked Escapist, Minecraft, EVE-Online and League of Legends...Meh.

Maybe next time they'll pick someone who really deserves this.
Anonymous has nothing to do with Lulzsec.

The Epicosity

Mar 19, 2011
Today sucks for me, before they hacked the Escapist and Minecraft, I just watched from the sidelines, and lulzed every so often, admittedly. But they effected me, nuuuu!

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Bunch of script kiddies who want to prove that they can DDOS professional sites for no reason other than that they can.

Same as any other publicly active hacker group, really.
They hit the Escapist because they've been in the news here lately, and they wanted more attention. No other reason.

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
Escapist, Minecraft, EVE-Online and League of Legends come on thats not even entertaining. If they want to be little pricks and DDOS shit why couldn't they attack something worthwhile like Zynga? AnonOps at least target other pricks so its not as bad as LuLz.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
-_-

You guys are newfags.

No, not meant in the sexually harrassment way, but in the 4chan way, I'm serious.
They're trolling the net and they want people to rage, to counter the troll, you must think like the troll.
-Ancient troll master John.

Besides, you guys kinda act well, gamer elite and lets face it, a DDOS team full of trolls don't like such trollbait.
Oh wait, they love it and now we're making a thread about them, hooray for them.

Dr.Nick

Mar 26, 2009
drisky said:
Dr.Nick said:

Honestly its just annoying not funny, the comedic equivalent of repeatedly poking someone.
Comedy us an equal opportunity art. Everything is fair game or else you're just being a dick. You can't laugh at others and not laugh at yourself.

The Epicosity

Mar 19, 2011
The Stonker said:
-_-

You guys are newfags.

No, not meant in the sexually harrassment way, but in the 4chan way, I'm serious.
They're trolling the net and they want people to rage, to counter the troll, you must think like the troll.
-Ancient troll master John.

Besides, you guys kinda act well, gamer elite and lets face it, a DDOS team full of trolls don't like such trollbait.
Oh wait, they love it and now we're making a thread about them, hooray for them.
I am a professional troll baiter, though!

XD, I don't really care too much about this, but I felt like joining in the fun.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
They're just little children who think they're cool for 'hacking' smaller sites/games. Lets see them try to take on Valve or Microsoft, and how well they get on. They're just bored attention seekers who think they're going to get publicity, and think that people are getting mad when a forum goes down for an hour or so, not realising that unlike them, we don't rely on one sole thing for entertainment.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
Fusioncode9 said:
I think there was a thread on here that was really bad mouthing Lulzsec so that apparently pissed them off. I remember them tweeting about it.
Now i wonder what thread that was and what the thread was about...

Okamipsychonaut

Mar 30, 2010
My guess is that this hacker group, and almost ALL hacker groups are predominantly male, and that testosterone is to blame. Sort of like smearing pooh on the employee wall in impotent rage, they attack those that could potentially be their alies..IE highly intelligent people growing more and more skeptical about corporate rule.
The philosopher Colin Wilson explains in his now dated book True Crime, that the first hackers were Libertines...and this pans out...because aside from fascist countries that might put guns to the heads of nervous energy computer diddlers into hacking large scale, most people who have tons of knowledge are too intelligent to attack, kill or otherwise hurt totally innocent people, or people who they in no way have informed evidence as to personal offense to they themselves. Libertines just want to stick it to the man, but, as our recent Rapture declaration by one Camping...the age old Doomsday guy and the would be Libertine, are seduced by being the latest internet/world media craze...even for a nanosecond.

I only watched on episode of Extra Credit and it was the one giving the lowdown on the PSN hack. The best thing they explained is...A. That in the US we enjoy things like smart phones and GPS functions because it both rules, and that our government does not protect us from corporate tentacle rape of our privacy and that B. Europeans don't get all the hipster awesomeness because their governments are more keen to Big brother abuses. Extra credit, like any other webisode, cannot have Yahtzee's wit, so they need to do whatever it takes to be noticed, so maybe they were sensational in saying all hackers are virtuous, and failed to put the modern hackers in the light of this modern day viral internet meme madness.