Lulzsec

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
The Epicosity said:
The Stonker said:
-_-

You guys are newfags.

No, not meant in the sexually harrassment way, but in the 4chan way, I'm serious.
They're trolling the net and they want people to rage, to counter the troll, you must think like the troll.
-Ancient troll master John.

Besides, you guys kinda act well, gamer elite and lets face it, a DDOS team full of trolls don't like such trollbait.
Oh wait, they love it and now we're making a thread about them, hooray for them.
I am a professional troll baiter, though!

XD, I don't really care too much about this, but I felt like joining in the fun.
I know what you mean. The only difference this made today was I actually got something done at work between 1 and 3.

I do think it's kinda sad-funny that they decided to DDoS a gameing lifestyle website because they were butthurt over a thread.

Zelgon

Jul 28, 2010
Fusioncode9 said:
I think there was a thread on here that was really bad mouthing Lulzsec so that apparently pissed them off. I remember them tweeting about it.
Doesn't this mean that Lulzsec, at least one of them, is a member of the Escapist community? ...

TehKnifeh

Custard Connoisseur
Dec 26, 2008
hmmm... im not sure if it coincidence or not, but I just got a notification from FB with a password reset request.

I am not sure if these events are linked and I dont want to cause concern, but it might be wise to aire on the side of caution with this attempt at attention seeking. My FB and esc passwords are different, and I urge anyone else who has had similar email notifications to do the same. It could of course be coincidental timing but I have never been faped before nor would I imagine I would be.

OT: this seems like such a pointless gesture I cant even comprehend why its happened. No offence but apart from some of the more vocal posters I cant imagine what they would gain from targeting a site like this. If it was them they certainly dont understand the value of rallying people to their side or gaining support from those who would be more open or like-minded. All this serves to do is alienate themselves from those above that might understand their cause, and if so, they deserve to be brought down a peg or two. This isnt meant to be as harsh as it sounds but seriously... people have limits, and they are wearing thin....

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Well what are we supposed to do? Either way we lose if we just ignore or react to them.

If we ignore them then what does that accomplish. We bend over everytime they decide to come fuck up the Escapist's shit? At least reacting to it might get the government to do something about it. I'm sure there are people worried about the government going all big brother and shit from overreacting but I say it's about time the internet got a little less anonymous and started forcing people to put their face and name to every action they take online.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Oh, they're the reason I couldn't get on here? I just figured my internet was deciding to piss me off again. Oh well. *shrug*

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
Nasrin said:
Fusioncode9 said:
I think there was a thread on here that was really bad mouthing Lulzsec so that apparently pissed them off. I remember them tweeting about it.
Doesn't this mean that Lulzsec, at least one of them, is a member of the Escapist community? ...
probably even trolling this very thread >_>
anyways, not caring is the answer. If DDoSing and getting into sony's servers is all they can do in their free time, then hack away.
Also "kids need to get laid", etc., etc. XD

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I knew something wasn't right. Here's hoping that their pathetic little game is stopped dead when they decide to annoy someone with the means to chase them down, throw them in jail and make them dread the communal showers.

GestaltEsper

Oct 11, 2009
ReservoirAngel said:
Oh, they're the reason I couldn't get on here? I just figured my internet was deciding to piss me off again. Oh well. *shrug*
Same here. My connection's always crappin' out whenever it feels like it. If Lulzsec really wants to troll me they should learn from it.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Radeonx said:
zehydra said:
Haha, fuck lulzsec, anybody got a twitter account? Let's hit them back!
I hope you're being sarcastic, because that is a terrible idea if you're serious.
You're right, the Escapist has probably the worst userbase for this sort of thing. (which is probably a redeeming quality of the Escapist, lol)

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Dr.Nick said:
drisky said:
Dr.Nick said:
I love comedy, too bad most people can't get over the fact that it's funny to watch others get hacked until it happens to something you're close to. Just laugh at ourselves and get over it.
Your right 404 messages are hilarious can't we just all take a joke [/sarcasm]

Honestly its just annoying not funny, the comedic equivalent of repeatedly poking someone.
Comedy us an equal opportunity art. Everything is fair game or else you're just being a dick. You can't laugh at others and not laugh at yourself.
But not every thing is funny. Taking a server down isn't funny, not matter what site you do it to. I recently said i liked the monsanto web site getting taken down, but it wasn't funny. So I wasn't laughing at others, because nothing funny happened. Maybe if they hacked it to redirect to the dragon age 2 site or ign or something like that would piss people off it could be considered funny, but in this case with out being told I just thought they were having server trouble, I don't see the humor. Sure its fair to laugh at yourself for something laughed at when it happened to anything else, but I don't have to laugh at everything that happens to me at all.

GestaltEsper

Oct 11, 2009
Nasrin said:
Fusioncode9 said:
He could be anyone. He could be you. He could be me. He could even be-*gets head blown off*