Lurking and you

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
Hey, you might remember me from that one meat thread I did awhile back. Anyway, I was just wondering how often you lurk.

I usually don't post in topics, I just... read and move on usually. I assume there are more of my kind stealthily wandering around here somewhere.

So, why do you lurk? I usually don't post because what I want to say has already been said more eloquently...

[sub][sub]Moo...[/sub][/sub]

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I lurk a lot lately, because I can't be bothered to post in topics I've already answered a bunch of times.

And I've just kind of become disenchanted with the idea of always sharing my thoughts.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I read many more threads than I actually post in, I only post if I think I have something worthwhile to contribute, or I see something that I feel the need to dispute...

Also: 1500th post!!!

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I usually just read the Threads, move on. Sometimes if I'm feelin' bothered and not Lazy I usually post. Meh. I'm kind of in the middle.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
I do alot of lurking.

Partly because I the topics I read I comment on and so just read other peoples opinions and partly because alot of threads I read have large numbers of posts in them and I don't like posting after page 3 since it will be less likely to be read unless I've quoted someone (Then it still probably only gets read by the person I quoted if they have the notification turned on)

Black Phoenix

Iridescence
Sep 19, 2010
I'm horrendous for lurking, as my post count proves. I'm posting more now than I have since I joined, though I doubt that will last forever. Usually I just don't feel I have much that's all that relevant to add to most discussions...

Ghaleon640

Jan 13, 2011
I used to be a lurker because I was too lazy to learn how to post normally, create an avatar for a site I never planned to use or anything like that, and wasn't interested until I realized that the escapist is a forium that isn't full of annoying bastards. I wanted to be a part of it... so now I am. I like to post unless if I really can't think of anything new to add or don't want to sift through 12 pages to make sure someone hadn't already said the same thing as me. Or if I flat out don't have enough knowledge.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I lurk far more than I used to. Especially since things have become far too strict around here apparently. I also dislike a great deal of the topics held here. Nothing truly worth talking about and the people here aren't anything spectacular anymore.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
My post count disagrees. I rarely lurk and I usually refrain from posting if it is clearly a troll thread.

Mr.Pandah said:
Nothing truly worth talking about and the people here aren't anything spectacular anymore.

*runs away*

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
I think far more people only read a particular thread than bother to post it it; after all, you should only post if you have something to add to the discussion.

But I do a lot of lurking here, in fact, before the end of last year I barely posted at all (as evidenced by my relatively long residency here and my low post count).

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I've been lurking more and more lately.
Most likely because I see the same threads over and over again but I'll still post sometimes if I'm in a decent mood.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
I lurk enough that I figure it's an apt forum title for me. I only post if the thread, whether that be the thread itself, or someone's post in it, has captured my attention thoroughly enough and I have something that I can add to the discussion.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
I lurk a lot... can you tell?

If anyone has an older join date than me, we should start a club :p

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I've been lurking a lot recently, just because I haven't been interested in the recent topics. But I have been posting a bit more the last few days.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Unless either the words come to me quickly or I feel I have something to add, then I don't post. So yes, I do mostly lurk. And religion and Politics is a dangerous place to post with idiots who don't listen and the general controversy. I find the most rational debates happen in off-topic, Rel and Pol is finicky but interesting.

Edit: 2001 posts :D

Fanboy

Oct 20, 2008
I like to absorb information that interests my brain. I'd post my own thoughts but I already know what those are, so why bother?

I will post things when I am bored enough to translate my mind-pictures into word-sentences.

Sometimes I type up a response then simply just don't bother posting it. I do not know why I do this, but I know I'm not the only one.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Fanboy said:
I like to absorb information that interests my brain. I'd post my own thoughts but I already know what those are, so why bother?

I will post things when I am bored enough to translate my mind-pictures into word-sentences.
Wow, first time I've seen you post. Nice to see the legend still lives!

[sub]Neonbob mentioned you. A lot XD[/sub]