Lurking and you

Voration

Jan 13, 2010
I lurk often because its rare there is a topic I come across that both interests me AND hasn't said my opinion... this reason has already been said I'm sure lol

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
A fair bit, either because of Captcha, or because I feel like my post is stupid, or there's nothing to add, or I'm lazy.
But not too much. Because I WILL get that Neo badge damnit!

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
I would rather others lurk than post with comments like "I totally don't give a fuck about this."

Resonantscythe

Jul 28, 2009
Lurking to posting ratio is something like 85:1

Most of the time I prefer to see others responses rather than present my own. Other times I feel my post will go ignored.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
My view on life as a learning experience has lead me to lurk most of the time. I only post when the subject at hand is really really important to me and someone said something dangerously wrong; or when I come up with a good joke about it. That's why you'll find that there's mainly two kinds of Venereus's posts: the joking posts (usually made of funny pics), and the overly passionate, well written ones.

Truth is, arguing on the internet rarely ends up well (or anywhere else for that matter, subjective relativity is king you know), and the people who are actually open-minded and willing to learn something, are mostly the ones lurking.

Vidiot

May 23, 2008
I've been on the escapist for quite a while, and I rarely post unless I have something to add that hasn't been said by the 10th friggin' page. I was quite tempted to lurk on this thread, but that kind of defeats he purpose of talking about how much I lurk.

At least I know that sometime around 2025 I'll finally get the Morpheus badge.

Tarlane

Charismatic Leader
May 5, 2009
I was a total lurker for a long time, I was around here for almost two years before I actually joined up and even then it was just because I had something I wanted to add. I still tend to only post when I have something to actually add to the conversation, though when the puzzle thing happened a few months ago that got me a lot more chatty for a while working with people to help solve the riddles.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I quite often just lurk around. Hell, it took me a year of lurking to actually make an account, and even then i didn't post often.

Nowadays i post more, though i quite often open a thread, read a bit, look at the "Reply to Thread" box where I'm supposed to write something, and stop. Sometimes i write a sentence or two, and then hold backspace, and leave. Don't know why.
Sometimes i do think "what's the point" as i don't really see anyone reading my posts often, especially in bigger threads. If a thread has over 5 pages and the topic isn't something close to me, the chances are I'll be leaving without a comment.

Still, my posts-per-day ratio is going up. Nowadays i post about 3 or 4 post per day. At least i think so...

Bocaj2000

Sep 10, 2008
I don't lurk as much as I used to. For example, I posting on a lurking thread. I don't even want to post anything for the sake of being funny, yet here I am posting.

Lucie

Mar 28, 2011
I used to lurk for two years or so, finally signed up last week. Still lurk a lot though.

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
I lurk a lot, mostly because I'm too lazy to bother replying, or because someone else has already contributed what I wanted to.

Also, I'm really bad at converting my thoughts to text, so sometimes I'll just get frustrated trying to type up a response and just quit entirely.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I have periods when I lurk all the time and go for a long time having read lots but written nothing. Sometimes I can rack up loads of posts.

Mr Shrike

Aug 13, 2010
I'll only post if I think that I can contribute something that's not already been said.

Oh, and I'm actually lurking right now.

A bit like this...

Captcha: dish. iongra

Fireshot25

Jun 29, 2009
Ill only really post if it will be read on the first page or so and not buried under many similar-subject posts....This one is an exception because it's ironic!

sergnb

Mar 12, 2011
My amount of lurking is proportional to the amount of work that has to be done.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Redlin5 said:
My post count disagrees. I rarely lurk and I usually refrain from posting if it is clearly a troll thread.

Mr.Pandah said:
Nothing truly worth talking about and the people here aren't anything spectacular anymore.

*runs away*
Haha oh please, you know that I mean most people aren't really worth the time of day anymore.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Mr.Pandah said:
Redlin5 said:
My post count disagrees. I rarely lurk and I usually refrain from posting if it is clearly a troll thread.

Mr.Pandah said:
Nothing truly worth talking about and the people here aren't anything spectacular anymore.

*runs away*
Haha oh please, you know that I mean most people aren't really worth the time of day anymore.
Just checking! XD

keve4433

Not totally insane....YET!!!
Dec 9, 2009
I lurk a lot...I'm trying to be better though! =3 Lately there hasn't been very many interesting threads though...