M1911A1 or a new gaming PC?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Arnoxthe1 said:
As to what the hell I'm gonna use an M1911 for, I plan it to be a workhorse gun. For both target practice and self-defense. I also wanna conceal carry it in the future so just in case some sick fucking asshole decides he's gonna go on a shooting near me, I can actually save lives. And also, I highly appreciate the M1911 from an aesthetic perspective. Hands down one of the more beautiful pieces of engineering I've seen.
You're not going to conceal carry a 1911. You'll try for a month or 2, but then you'll realize that you hate it because it's too big, too heavy, and too annoying to conceal properly.

If you want a CC pistol go for a glock 43. I'm not even a big fan of glocks, but that's pretty much the gold standard for concealed carry.

Randomosity

Nov 19, 2009
Dirty Hipsters said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
As to what the hell I'm gonna use an M1911 for, I plan it to be a workhorse gun. For both target practice and self-defense. I also wanna conceal carry it in the future so just in case some sick fucking asshole decides he's gonna go on a shooting near me, I can actually save lives. And also, I highly appreciate the M1911 from an aesthetic perspective. Hands down one of the more beautiful pieces of engineering I've seen.
You're not going to conceal carry a 1911. You'll try for a month or 2, but then you'll realize that you hate it because it's too big, too heavy, and too annoying to conceal properly.

If you want a CC pistol go for a glock 43. I'm not even a big fan of glocks, but that's pretty much the gold standard for concealed carry.
I can't stand Glocks. I think they are a piece of crap gun. Personally my CC Pistol is my Ruger LC9S. Not that I particularly carry very much. Usually just when I go down to the city. Though I do fully agree on the 1911 point. It is a fantastic gun. The 1911 shoots like a dream and is fun to shoot, but it is an awful choice as a concealed weapon. If someone wants a range toy, I'd recommend the 1911 any day of the week. If what they want is a CC Pistol, then I'd have to point them to either the LC9S, The Springfield XDS, the S&W Shield, or a Glock. As for which of those is best, that comes down to personal preference and which one your hand best.

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
Dirty Hipsters said:
Arnoxthe1 said:

And not to mention, a low magazine capacity. In a panicky situation like self defense, you're likely to miss a great deal even with training and practice. Having those extra shots can make all the difference.

Ugicywapih

May 15, 2014
I'm not really much into guns, but I've read up on m1911 some time ago (it is an iconic gun after all) and iirc most of the guns of this type on the market are mass produced and suffer from low build quality, resulting in significant spread. Not to mention, it's a pretty hefty piece, concealed carry would be a pain, as folks have pointed out before. If you need a gun for practical use, I'd probably suggest sticking with your Glock or picking an another wondernine. This changes a bit if you're talking about a high quality m1911 variant, but even so - it's big and it's heavy. Gaming PC sounds like a hoot, but if you live in the sort of neighborhood you wouldn't feel safe in without a gun, I suppose I'd put it off until later especially since technology moves on, the later you buy a new PC, the more bang you'll get for your buck, most likely.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Get the gun, and a Raspberry Pi, and Drone, in which to create the best home defence droid ever. Seriously though, do what makes you happy, stay safe, and don't get married if you're happy enough with a pet cat, and a dildo.