Madden 25 Scrubs Aaron Hernandez From Existence

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
lacktheknack said:
I'd consider that a medium link at best. I mean, I chew cotton candy gum, too...
We don't need you to come in tomorrow, or any other 'morrow. In fact we have already sent over our intern to recover your company car, don't bother filling up the tank... you vicious murdering bastard.

KeyboardSnorlax

Aug 7, 2012
They crucify this dude for supposedly knocking off someone but wastes of air like Michael Vick still get to keep their spots, gotta love handegg logic

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
KeyboardSnorlax said:
They crucify this dude for supposedly knocking off someone but wastes of air like Michael Vick still get to keep their spots, gotta love handegg logic
Vick killed dogs, Hernandez has allegedly killed a human being.

Comparing them is a logical fallacy at best, and if you honestly value a dog's life more than a human's, then you are a sad, sad little person.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Abomination said:
lacktheknack said:
I'd consider that a medium link at best. I mean, I chew cotton candy gum, too...
We don't need you to come in tomorrow, or any other 'morrow. In fact we have already sent over our intern to recover your company car, don't bother filling up the tank... you vicious murdering bastard.
Hah! Joke's on you! I filled that tank up this morning!

...wait...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
KeyboardSnorlax said:
...and every other form of humanist logic. Humans >>>>> dogs.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
debraarzn said:
There's texts, there's security footage, everything points towards him.
I guess we'll make an exception in this case. No need for a court because "everything points towards him".

Let's fire him from his job, take all his stuff, disavow him and I'll go prep the electric chair.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Most of the evidence points to him being guilty. However, I still find it hilarious how everyone is treating him like he is guilty when he hasn't been proven yet. It'd be pretty funny if something came out and it turned out he was completely innocent. Boy will everyone's faces be red! Of course, even not guilty, he is still a goon.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
J Tyran said:
Disgusting how hes being treated as guilty by his employers before he has even had his trial.
From what I've seen, the evidence is pretty damning. But you're right, this isn't justice. Heck, even if he somehow is proven innocent or the case gets thrown out on a technicality (does that actually happen with murders?), a large percentage of the public will still have made up their minds about him being guilty. I doubt he'd get his job back. He'd probably have to go into one of those new life programs like Casey Anthony so that he doesn't get shot. That's of course assuming that he gets off and it's looking extremely unlikely.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
RedDeadFred said:
J Tyran said:
Disgusting how hes being treated as guilty by his employers before he has even had his trial.
From what I've seen, the evidence is pretty damning. But you're right, this isn't justice. Heck, even if he somehow is proven innocent or the case gets thrown out on a technicality (does that actually happen with murders?), a large percentage of the public will still have made up their minds about him being guilty. I doubt he'd get his job back. He'd probably have to go into one of those new life programs like Casey Anthony so that he doesn't get shot. That's of course assuming that he gets off and it's looking extremely unlikely.
Cases can get thrown out, usually if someones made a massive blunder of some sort when it comes to serious crimes. Usually when the prosecution made a a really bad call bringing the case or if there are serious doubts about the investigation, things like that.

If this guy really did the crime losing his job is the least he should face and really the least of his worries, I just find it disgusting that they would do this. Not just because of the innocent until proven guilty thing either, this news is being spread wide and far and in my view the implication that a high profile big money sport finds him "guilty" comes damn close to crossing the line.

It could influence a Jury to some degree, either they might think "if the NFL finds him guilty" or "its so unfair its a witch hunt". even if that influence is slight its too much. The ongoing media circus that surrounds these cases doesn't help either, they always seem to confuse in the public interest for whats of interest to the public. Ideally he should have his trial without the media frenzy.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Most of the evidence points to him being guilty. However, I still find it hilarious how everyone is treating him like he is guilty when he hasn't been proven yet. It'd be pretty funny if something came out and it turned out he was completely innocent. Boy will everyone's faces be red! Of course, even not guilty, he is still a goon.
RedDeadFred said:
J Tyran said:
NFL PLAYER CONDUCT CLAUSE.

If a player is arrested in a way that reflects badly on the NFL, they can be terminated. No conviction is needed because of the American judicial system.
Ah, well there you go. Thanks for clearing this up.

The_Tron

Jun 8, 2010
KeyboardSnorlax said:
Don't even start. Vick lost $60 million, served a couple years in jail, and has yet to win back half the fans he once had. He now spends his time helping the Humane Society. He's done his time. Lay off.
Ya, I remember an interview about a year or so after he started back up with the Eagles. He said something along the lines of how If he could go back and change what he had done he wouldn't have, and that he thinks society is blowing what he did out of proportion. That it's an African American thing and just because you don't get it doesn't mean it should be illegal. (this isn't an exact quote this is a summary of about a 2 hour interview he did with Jamie Dukes) Before I heard his spout that garbage I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but now all he is to me is a roster spot on a fantasy football team, one I can't even trade away because no one wants him.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
NFL PLAYER CONDUCT CLAUSE.

If a player is arrested in a way that reflects badly on the NFL, they can be terminated. No conviction is needed because of the American judicial system. If they had to wait till conviction, players in the NFL would never be punished for anything because they have the money to have the lawyers delay proceedings as long as possible.
So their banishment of the player is legal. That's fine, I don't think anyone was suggesting that he should sue the NFL. Whether it's moral is another question. Whether the clause is fair is also another.

But hey, not even in my country, so whatever.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
The clause was instated by Commissioner Roger Goodell because NFL players were constantly getting arrested and using their money to avoid punishment. The league was losing fans, who were tired of watching that kind of BS. It was an imperfect solution to an imperfect problem: that people with a lot of money are not held to the same standards as the rest of the people in the United States.
Well, that's a shitty situation then. I still don't like it, but you're the expert. The article still says that Hernandez was released shortly after his arrest. They couldn't wait until the trial? Or suspend him? I dunno.

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
To all the people complaining about innocent until proven guilty, ignore the murder charges. He was found with illegal firearms in his home. His five gun charges have maximum sentences of 10 years, 10 years, 5 years, 2 years and 2 years and IIRC Massachusetts will give you one year mandatory on a gun charge. If the judge is feeling frisky he can have the sentences be served consecutively which would be 1-5 years. MINIMUM. Unless Hernandez ressurects Johnnie Cochran he is going to prison. The notions of guilt on the murder charges are irrelevant to his career and endorsements at this point.