Madhouse Releases First Look at X-Men Anime

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
To everyone - X-Men Evolution was awesome, but not anime. Not in the slightest.

The old X-Men cartoon was the best, though... Also, U-Men exist. They just aren't THAT well-known as X-Men or the Brotherhood.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Cyclops: Damnit, burned my hair again. I hate that smell.

Other than that. Whatever. I'll watch it.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Aylaine said:
The characters, even if the glimpse was brief, look pretty good.
Well, considering I was expecting...

<youtube=1YGIT1iTuEQ>

... needless to say I'm positively relieved by the character designs, if nothing else.

Might work.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Anime style sort of conflicts with their traditional style doesn't it?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Ah, madhouse. I recognise their style in this, which is good, because their style is amongst the better animation studios in Japan.

The first season of Gunslinger girl was done by madhouse. (and is generally considered to have better animation and graphical style to the second season)

Death Note is also their work...

Yeah, they're pretty good, especially if you lean towards the more realistic end of the Anime spectrum.

FredTheUndead

Aug 13, 2010
manythings said:
I can see Iron Man (with the mech and computer focus) and Blade (with it's supernatural components) but I'm not feeling the X-men will be good. I'll try it out (If I actually can view it in this fucking country) but I'm on the fence.

FredTheUndead said:
The Iron Man one was really mediocre, and the Wolverine one was terrible. I'm not exactly feeling positive about this one.
Was this the Iron man movie made about 3 years ago? Along with the Avengers and Doctor Strange? If so I take it back that was fucking terrible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Anime#Iron_Man

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
"Like most anime series, it takes a more detailed look at the X-Men and their abilities."
Most anime series are about X-men and their abilities? Damn why havent i watched anime...i was wrong all along....... :p

Plus. Doesnt look thaaat bad, except cyclops, hair too long, body too slender. He was always more the buffer football-athelete type of guy.strange enough he looks like that in the costume...but not anymore without it...thats dumb
I might give it a shot.
Never liked cyclops anyway. But if any cool characters look like girlish j-popstars, im outta there faster than nightcrawler.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
As long as it deals with the persecution of mutants (metaphor for being gay), I'll be happy.
If they take out the human element, I'll be unhappy.
-Tabs<3-

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Looks good. I guess that they had to add Armor to please the japanese audience. Not that i´m complaining...she´s a cool character :)

The Hive Mind

Nov 11, 2010
The difference in art style between this and evolution is that this one has higher quality art but much lower quality animation (as with most anime). This will however be better than most if not all other x-men cartoons because it seems to be aimed at a much more mature audience, something cartoons in the west can't really manage outside of comedies.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
I don't fucking understand anime. People say "It's not the art style at all, it's the stories!" Valid point.

Then you go and fuck up a perfectly good property like X-men for no apparent reason. There is no good reason why you would pick anime over western as an art style, if something is already in a western art style, and "art style isn't important".

Absolute bollocks.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Madhouse is a good studio. I have total faith in them keeping the X-man awesome for new and old fans.