Madness Returns Promises To Be "More Menacing Than Ever"

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Madness Returns Promises To Be "More Menacing Than Ever"

As a result, satisfying the books' massive fanbase was a daunting task: "[Alice's] fans are unlimited by era, age, or gender. And they are devoted. The audience for new Alice material is insatiable; but it's a critical, sophisticated, passionate crew with sky-high expectations. That combination can intimidate and stifle new versions of Alice. Derivatives of this powerful character are legion. Creators mess with an icon at their peril.

"I thought I might interest and truly engage players (and not offend fans) of a new, heroic Alice by being mindful and respectful of her knownk character traits-her courage, humor, intelligence, imaginative depth and honesty. I tried to have her never say or do anything I could not believe her mind, as I knew and exposed it, would conceive. By asking 'What would a grown-up Alice say or do in such and such a situation,' I had a great base (Carroll's) and as much latitude as I needed to build a credible and satisfying hero."

The new story for sounds incredibly promising, based on Berg's enthusiasm for Alice and the original spin he's put on both the character and the world she lives in. Alice: Madness Returns is due out on June 14th, the week after E3 wraps up, so you can expect to see some last-minute coverage from the show floor. If you're thinking of picking up the game, feel free to check out <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110274-Alice-Madness-Returns-Storybook-App-Awards-10-Off-Full-Game>EA's new tie-in iOS App; if you complete it, you get $10 off the final game.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
OMG!!! I can't wait for this game, my typing might get really bad BUT THAT"S OKAY!

I'm so glad this came up, I';ve been waiting to see new info on this game! I CANT FUCKING WAIT! WHOO HOO!

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
OutrageousEmu said:
Quiet Stranger said:
OMG!!! I can't wait for this game, my typing might get really bad BUT THAT"S OKAY!

I'm so glad this came up, I';ve been waiting to see new info on this game! I CANT FUCKING WAIT! WHOO HOO!
You want info on Alice: Madness returns?

Very well, you asked for it.

?A poor pace potholes the proceedings. The game lingers on its jumping puzzles, reveling in presenting us with open vistas that require navigation across partially invisible pathways, weighted platforms, billowing air vents, and ever-shifting floors. With this limited vocabulary, Alice chugs and chugs and chugs. Timing challenges are added and overdone, and some are additionally hampered by the need to shoot targets with a Pepper Grinder gun saddled with a manual aim system that is imprecise at best. The game tops off its overlong, overly gimmick-reliant platform navigation with heroine-crushing blocks, spiked platforms, and flame spitters. In the end, we?re not jumping and soaring across Wonderland but simply grinding it out.? [http://gamingeverything.com/?p=4936]

Sounds like the game was too hard for him. Poor baby.
5/10

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
Quiet Stranger said:

?A poor pace potholes the proceedings. The game lingers on its jumping puzzles, reveling in presenting us with open vistas that require navigation across partially invisible pathways, weighted platforms, billowing air vents, and ever-shifting floors. With this limited vocabulary, Alice chugs and chugs and chugs. Timing challenges are added and overdone, and some are additionally hampered by the need to shoot targets with a Pepper Grinder gun saddled with a manual aim system that is imprecise at best. The game tops off its overlong, overly gimmick-reliant platform navigation with heroine-crushing blocks, spiked platforms, and flame spitters. In the end, we?re not jumping and soaring across Wonderland but simply grinding it out.? [http://gamingeverything.com/?p=4936]

5/10
I only got one thing to say to that review;

You madbro?

Carry on as normal.

Hitman Dread

Mar 9, 2011
OutrageousEmu said:
Quiet Stranger said:

5/10
Why in the world would you ever listen to ANY official magazine like that? Rubbish, all that comes out of those paid advertisements.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
I'll wait for another price decrease and/or the Christmas season. Just Cause 2 is sitting beautifully in my "belt" of games I'm playing now and satisfies my desire to float around a city, so Arkham City might not be my Christmas pick.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
I hope either Direct2Drive and/or Steam allows us to pre-order this soon. If that's not gonna happen, off to Amazon I go.

Hitman Dread

Mar 9, 2011
OutrageousEmu said:
Why in the world would you ever listen to ANY official magazine like that? Rubbish, all that comes out of those paid advertisements.
Wouldn't that mean that any rating the magazine gives it is too nice, so therefore the game is even worse than they say?[/quote]

No because they aren't just saying all games are good, they are promoting a set image that Sony is looking to carry. Not to say Sony doesn't want the game to sell, but that whatever image Sony thinks sells it's console, that game doesn't line up with it.

Koios

Jul 28, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
1. Official Playstation Magazine is not owned by Sony. Nintendo is the only company who respects their customers so little that they'll actually publish their own magazine and pretend its objective. Official playstation Magazine is owned by the guy who run the PC Gamer magazine.
I was under the impression that Nintendo of America stopped publishing Nintendo Power several years ago...

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
Koios said:
OutrageousEmu said:
1. Official Playstation Magazine is not owned by Sony. Nintendo is the only company who respects their customers so little that they'll actually publish their own magazine and pretend its objective. Official playstation Magazine is owned by the guy who run the PC Gamer magazine.
I was under the impression that Nintendo of America stopped publishing Nintendo Power several years ago...
Oh. I thought they still published that. My bad, sorry.

Wait, then his idea makes even less sense.
Nintendo Power is still published, actually. It's still owned by Nintendo, too. They contracted the publishing out to Future back in... I think... 2007 or so.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
I preordered the Game quite some time ago. And I can still enjoy broken games. The controls in the first Alice weren't that good as well, the game itself became one of the titles that stay in my mind till today, though. Really looking forward to this one, the free inclusion of Alice 1 is reason enough for me to get this anyway.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I think it's looking good, but I sure hope some more, non official reviews come out before the game is released.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Going to wait for a bit and see if any more reviews pop up, but the Complete Collection pack on the EA Store does sound appealing.