Magic the Gathering; what decks are you running?

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Mr. GameBrain said:
BloatedGuppy said:
Can someone explain Evolving Wilds to me? You play it as a land, only you play it as a tapped land. So it's like...a shittier land? I can see how it would let you get a type of land of your choice, which is good for multicolor decks, but even in 2 color decks I never really have an issue getting both colors into play, and very few cards require more than a single colored mana anyway.
I never seem to get the land I want at the right time, (I think I'm unlucky), so a few evolving wilds guarantee I can pull off an appropriate creature/spell later.

(Reverberate in my deck, needs 2 fire. Mine is mostly plains, so I can see evolving wilds be useful)
2 red

Not 2 fire, they're colours, not elements.

Anyway, I'm currently running mono-red midrange (not as much burn as RDW and more board damage; and it's not lightning fast like Goblins used to be), mostly because it's cheap to build (not counting 2 bonfires, they were expensive to trade for)

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Currently I'm building using a white/red deck that has a lot of exalted creatures. The idea is to throw the weak little expendable reds while all the exalteds pump up the 2/2 creature into a 6/6 and so on. It's very funny.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
While I haven't played anything other than the PC game with friends of mine. I would probably have a deck similar to the Water/Forest deck from that game. Basically every turn being able to place 2-4 lands depending on how lucky I got with my draw. and by turn 4 or 5 summoning my legendaries.

Though I might try some of the ideas my friends had. Note that I don't know the names of the cards but they went like this.

1 Card that perma-taps all equipment in the opponents DECK
1 Card that allows you to turn any TYPE of card into equipment. So I could play that and turn your land (only one type though, so multi-colors are slightly immune to this).

I play these two early in the game, and then I laugh, since they'll be stuck with 2 mana the rest of the match.

The other one my friend called a counter deck. He had all 5 land types, and a handful of "Immune to X Color Attacks for a turn" and he just played these cards until his opponent ran out of cards.

EDIT: I forgot one, and even how many cards and how much mana it cost, but it was a *****. Aether Mutation + A card that doubled the effect of AM + a Card that empowered 1/1s to 2/2s. Play that on a Legendary and you have 22 2/2s. Not pretty at all.

Though those last two haven't played since 2002, so those decks probably aren't playable anymore.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Eldrazi Deck.
Manaramp, Aether Mutation, Mass Polymorph
Fun times for a SNKTM-Tournament, especially in group duels.
(Saturday-Night-Kitchen-Table-Magic)

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
Can someone explain Evolving Wilds to me? You play it as a land, only you play it as a tapped land. So it's like...a shittier land? I can see how it would let you get a type of land of your choice, which is good for multicolor decks, but even in 2 color decks I never really have an issue getting both colors into play, and very few cards require more than a single colored mana anyway.
I have a Rainbow deck where those guys are a Godsend.

Nightmonger

Jul 1, 2010
Elect G-Max said:
RaikuFA said:
BloatedGuppy said:
I have a Rainbow deck where those guys are a Godsend.
YO DAWG HAVE YOU HEARD OF CITY OF BRASS?
Not to mention Coalition victory (don't know how to do that card link thing)

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
One of my favorite decks was a pure blue direct damage deck. Prodigal sorcerers and horseshoe crabs, in addition to a special enchantment that gave each one the others ability. Most know the Prod was a "click to deal 1 damage to target creature or player", but the crab had "spend one blue to untap". The enchantment gave the "spend one to untap" or "tap to do damange" and also "spend 1 to make all damage to enchanted creature = 0". Once I got one of those bad boys out, I could deal 8-16 damage per turn to anything I wanted.

That wasn't my ace in the hole though, I also had time warp, which lets me take an additional turn, and panoptic mirror, which lets me use an instant over and over again each turn, so if I ever got that combo out, it would be game over, I'd get to take an infinite amount of turns, until my deck runs out.

Problem was the deck was slow. I was almost entirely powerless until at least three turns in, and it often took at least 5 turns to become dangerous.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
I only play EDH/ Commander. At the moment I have the following decks:

-Teysa, Orzhov Scion (white-black, mostly generating white token cannon fodder for Teysa)
-Arcum Dagsson (mono blue, focus on artifacts/ artifact creatures and Dagsson's activated ability)
-Nin, the Pain Artist (blue-red control; counter and draw heavy)
-Edric, Spymaster of Trest (green-blue, lots of draw and ETB triggers)