Mahalo: Mass Effect - Recap

Mahalo

Feb 22, 2012
Mass Effect - Recap

In preparation for the upcoming release of Mass Effect 3 we are given a little info regarding the previous iterations of Mass Effect.

Watch Video

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Ahh, ME1, when EAoware was still mostly Bioware.

I liked the recap! Bit more emotion in the voice pls.

SoulChaserJ

Sep 21, 2009
Honestly the lack of emotion in his voice made me feel like I was playing Mass Effect and listening to the cardboard cutout people/aliens. So it fit very well to me.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
draythefingerless said:
OH BOY...ANOTHER MAHALO VIDEO....*watches* yep, stating the moronically obvious again...still trolling the escapist i see.
It's a recap... OBVIOUSLY it's going to state the obvious. Stop trolling.

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
Korten12 said:
draythefingerless said:
OH BOY...ANOTHER MAHALO VIDEO....*watches* yep, stating the moronically obvious again...still trolling the escapist i see.
It's a recap... OBVIOUSLY it's going to state the obvious. Stop trolling.
Not trolling, i just havent found a single redeeming factor in these videos, to the point i thought they were jokes. The skyrim video was so poorly edited, crafted, and outright WRONG in some parts i laughed hard and half the site did too. Then the SWTOR videos come out, with NOTHING but seeing someone play the TUTORIAL PHASES of the game with barely no commentary or explanation for over 10 minutes. This after 2 months of the game comes out, when at the time of the launch tons of people were presenting the introductory phases of the game, IN MUCH BETTER MANNER. Then this comes out and just spits out lore on very poorly enunciated english(what i like to call stoner english) or catching enunciation. Im sorry but i either take these videos as trolling, a joke, or if theyre serious, they are outright undeserving of being spotlighted and paid and i wish they stopped making them or started putting EFFORT n WORK into them.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Who is this video for? Fans of the series remember all of this, virtually nobody is going to pick up this story midway through, and even if they did, the game recaps all the important details anyway AND there's an expansive in-game codex to boot.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Kimarous said:
Who is this video for? Fans of the series remember all of this, virtually nobody is going to pick up this story midway through, and even if they did, the game recaps all the important details anyway AND there's an expansive in-game codex to boot.
Actually you are wrong about people not picking up the game midway through, a lot of people do that from what I've personally seen, usually casual gamers.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Alright, no offense to the creators, and it's not that this is bad, but does it really deserve an entire series on this site? Space Janitors is a huge step in the right direction for the content, and Yahtzee and Bob at least have some perspective and creativity, but this is just "this is how you do things" or "this is what this thing is".

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Shotgun Guy said:
Kimarous said:
Actually you are wrong about people not picking up the game midway through, a lot of people do that from what I've personally seen, usually casual gamers.
You'll need to clarify "casual gamers" there, because from what I understand of that gaming subculture, that's "inexpensive puzzle/adventures from Big Fish that my mom and aunt play" (and they're hardly the type to pick up a sci-fi shooter instalment).

Besides, it doesn't negate my point about in-game recaps. Even if (I'm assuming this what you mean) someone just picks up the game casually without caring about the previous instalments, they're unlikely to care enough to bother looking up a series recap.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Impressively ugly FemShepard, she'd be a brawny dike if ever I saw one.

Fairly good recap I suppose, it sumed up the main game in about 30 seconds, it'll be interesting to see the ME2 version, which should be here soon, ME3 is just around the corner.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Kimarous said:
Shotgun Guy said:
Kimarous said:
You'll need to clarify "casual gamers" there, because from what I understand of that gaming subculture, that's "inexpensive puzzle/adventures from Big Fish that my mom and aunt play" (and they're hardly the type to pick up a sci-fi shooter instalment).

Besides, it doesn't negate my point about in-game recaps. Even if (I'm assuming this what you mean) someone just picks up the game casually without caring about the previous instalments, they're unlikely to care enough to bother looking up a series recap.
Eh, you are sort of right, I guess casual gamers is a little too broad of a term. There are definitely times when someone hasn't played a previous title and still want to know what the lore is all about like in the case of my little brother, he was too young to really get into ME when it came out but after playing the demo for ME3 he decided he wanted to play this one, he doesn't want to go back and play the other ones but would still like to understand what happened up to this point.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I sort of felt like there was the wrong kind of information being given for most of that. It was more about what Shepard did than what he learned. However, I guess if the video was just about Saren, Soverign, the Protheans, and the Reapers, it wouldn't be a very long video. Or would it...

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
At least this video could potentially serve some sort of purpose to three people. Points for improvement I guess. Good to see the Extra Credits money put to good use.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Well, the first Mahalo vid was terrible and missleading, the second and third pointless, this one is actually decent info precented in a bland but efficient way.

If the improvement rate continues we will be seeing something actually interesting within this year :D

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
NIce~ you see... the first game I couldn't finish because I got this bug that makes me unable to go on with the story... and so I skipped 2 as well... first game is still on the shelf, but I don't want restart the ENTIRE STORY LINE (5hours, don't ask how, but took me that long to GET TO NORMANDY, side quest... go figure...) now, I am safe to say, I can skip the first game... please do the second game, so I can just play the action packed third installment, and make a female character instead!