Main character deaths that would have fixed everything.

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
Maybe the entire human side in Gears 1 and 2? The humans really need to stop with the "This one devastating attack will end the war" stratagy. It really doesn't work...

Let's break it down

Gears 1

New uncureable fatal illness to fail at dealing with on the human side and the locusts just lose their uncontrolable vampire bats

Gears 2
The humans blew up their own last remaining city to flood some caves... Yeah i really don't need to elaborate on this one

Final word, the humans need to take a step back and look at things at least half logically, rather than taking the biggest weapon they can find and hitting the enemy with it regardless of collateral damage.
no the sinking of jacinto was to slow the Loscust and hopefully eliminaterthe lambent (sorry for my spelling) it actually weakened the locust quite a bit due to it probably being there home base of course it has been a while since i played so i could be wrong butobviously the plan didnt work in the way they hope besides the locust "queen" was planning to do the same

OT: The writer of the twilight series and the death of justin Beiber oh wait video games?!?! well i got nothin'

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
Innegativeion said:
ayuri said:
TWILIGHT... wait a game?... Gordon Freeman He destroyed black mesa.
He destroyed it? Don't think so. He didn't really... do anything... in the resonance cascade.

It was the G man who brought the crystal that a-sploded Black Mesa, and it was the administrator (Breene) who insisted they rush the experiment.

Oh contrare, things would have gone to shit much faster and much harder if Gordon was killed. We don't know exactly what the real purpose behind the cascade was, how it happened, if it was really an accident, or what.
You saved noone at Black Mesa (in fact i kill alot of people who helped me) and now you work for G-man. If this is still unacceptable kill off Atlas and P-body.

Nov 12, 2010
I haven't played it but that Shadow of the Colossus game seems kind of fit for this.
Another would have to be Roxas at the beginning of his KH games.Dude doesn't do anything helpful except wake up Sora.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
superdelux said:
Cole from Infamous

Then Empire City would not have been destroyed, and Kessler would have to fight The Beast... wait why didn't he use his time travel to fight The Beast in the first place, instead of fucking up his past-self's life.
I thought Kessler didn't fight the beast because he was too weak. He went back in time to make himself(Cole) stronger so he could kill The Beast.

UmJammerSully

May 29, 2011
Keldon888 said:
Ganondorf ruled the race of warriors in Hyrule and was a part of the inner circle of the kingdom and presumably killed the king before he knew link had the stones.

There is no doubt he would have taken Hyrule. And after killing off the guardians of the stones on his own would have taken them. Thinking a dead tree a fish man and a starving race would stop him is stupid.

Links actions put him on the fast track via triforce of power, but with or without him he would have taken hyrule and eventually claimed the triforce anyway.
Yeah, I agree. When you first visit Zelda, Ganondorf glances at you on the other side of the window, I get the feeling he knows exactly why Link is there and he already has his master plan set there. He's just kicking back and letting Link do all the work for him.

However, it's not too hard to imagine him just bursting through everyone's doors and taking the gems by force if he really had to. Though it is hard to imagine him playing the ocarina...

BlackJack47

Oct 29, 2008
Solid Snake is Metal Gear Solid for the PSOne, say he died before any of the events near activating Rex then Foxhound wouldn't be able to go through with their threats...of course this would mean no more Solid Snake.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I only saw the intro movie but Mickey Mouse in Epic Mickey seems to fuck over Disneyland in the first 5 min.

He should have either died before the game or sent into the abyss of public domain, it's the same thing to Disney.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
The world would be a better place without Kane and Lynch in it. Especially in the second game. Sure, in the first game Kane is trying to rescue his daughter, but in the second game there's nothing at stake except the lives of the two main characters themselves. And all they're gonna do if they survive is get more innocent people killed in whatever mess they get themselves into next.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
bombadilillo said:
But I hate the games where you were "tricked" into setting up something and then must spend the 3rd act fixing it. Its an annoying plot when you think.

"If I hadnt started playing, there would be nothing wrong in the gameworld."
I really hate this plot device (expt in Oot not to mention its totally over used in Jrpgs

as for my vote (if I am rembering right) issiac and his buddy from golden sun

Silent Anima

Jun 2, 2011
Innegativeion said:
Link from OoT. I mean, of course, no fan of Zelda would want to lest Hyrule become about 20% less awesome...
*sigh* Why do I get the feeling that you just referenced MLP...

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
superdelux said:
Cole from Infamous

Then Empire City would not have been destroyed, and Kessler would have to fight The Beast... wait why didn't he use his time travel to fight The Beast in the first place, instead of fucking up his past-self's life.
If Cole died then nothing would have changed, Kessler wouldn't exist and the beast would still destroy the world with no one to stop him.

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
I don't understand... Things would be way worse if Gordon Freeman had died at any point...

OT: Probably Far Cry 2, I mean sure, it wasn't in great shape when he got there but to get to one guy he goes through the entire rest of the county.
Him or Kratos. Kratos fucked everything up.

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011
.No. said:
superdelux said:
Cole from Infamous

I thought Kessler didn't fight the beast because he was too weak. He went back in time to make himself(Cole) stronger so he could kill The Beast.
Kessler could have beaten the beast but instead he ran away,by the time The Beast caught up to him it was to strong so we went back in time.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
superdelux said:
.No. said:
superdelux said:
Cole from Infamous

Kessler could have beaten the beast but instead he ran away,by the time The Beast caught up to him it was to strong so we went back in time.
That's what I meant, but wouldn't Cole dying mean Kessler never existing? But then again, Kessler prevented the events which led to his creation, yet he still existed. This is why I din't like time travel in videogames, as you have no idea what the rules are for it in each game, and it makes the canon confusing as fuck. [/spoilers]

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
.No. said:
superdelux said:
Cole from Infamous

The beast wasn't always stronger than KesslerCole, he opted to evacuate his family rather than risk losing them to the collateral damage of the fight, and the time he lost allowed it to build up enough strength that he couldn't win anymore.

He could have gone back to that point and just beat him while the Cole of that timeline was evacuating his family, but I guess that's still a risk and also assumes his one way never used before travel to the past power was precise, which it never really elaborates on.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
Zaik said:
.No. said:
superdelux said:
Cole from Infamous

The beast wasn't always stronger than KesslerCole, he opted to evacuate his family rather than risk losing them to the collateral damage of the fight, and the time he lost allowed it to build up enough strength that he couldn't win anymore.

He could have gone back to that point and just beat him while the Cole of that timeline was evacuating his family, but I guess that's still a risk and also assumes his one way never used before travel to the past power was precise, which it never really elaborates on.
It said that Kessler knew The Beast was coming, but instead of prepare, he opted to hide with his family. His time travel was probably somewhat precise, as the entire thing was planned out by Kessler in the beginning. Kessler might've been able to beat The Beast, but probably couldn't, as he was just hiding with his family as The beast tore apart the world.

Scorekeeper

Mar 15, 2011
Kratos. If he'd died after hurling himself off a cliff, the world would've been better for it.