Major Xbox Live Dashboard Update Hits Tomorrow

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
At first I thought they were just deciding to make the menus cleaner.

They just made them brighter, and made the cheeky bastard give you a bloody tutorial when you boot up the system.

Catering to the drooling moron demographic that you hope to sucker in with an overpriced gimmick that most people picked either your console or Sony's to avoid in the first place?

Genius

I would also be mostly indifferent to this update better if they hadn't chose to make the damn thing incredibly bright. It also really doesn't contrast well with the game icons and such.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I never go onto XBL or have kinect so
NO UPDATE FOR ME!!!
PS
might as well update no harm in it

Larsirius

May 26, 2010
Am I the only one that thinks that the new look is bland? I mean, is that the best they could come up with?

Mikazuki

Oct 9, 2008
Since the new dashboard and all that, my sessions of FIFA 09 (too lazy to pick up '11) have become impossible. Literally. Since the new update, the menu's freeze before I can even play :(.

Anyone recognize this or anything similar?

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not a big fan on the look. I'd prefer the old dashboard with the new one's speed ^_^.

Zombus

Apr 29, 2009
I just updated and the new aesthetic is so played out, I mean it looks like apple designed this interface, which is not something I want in my Microsoft products thank you very much. And the tutorial was offensive to my intelligence. But my games still seem to run fine so I can't really say I care.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Electrogecko said:
"avatar proportion changes to fit with Kinect games"
So if your really short and fat it'll make your avatar into a dwarf for you? Awesome!
Translation, Avatar edited to less remind you of how hard you facepalmed yourself when you we're handed a Xmii, and told you could pay real money to pimp it out. It does seem to run a bit faster now. My complaints remain from the last big update... I now have to wait for the zune market to load everytime i want to watch my videos. The old dashboard just booted the vid and rolled.

Mar 30, 2010
Larsirius said:
Am I the only one that thinks that the new look is bland? I mean, is that the best they could come up with?
Agreed. Stark greys and whites, all layed out in perfect rectangles aligned all on the same plane? Give me a break! I work as a project analyst and spend my entire working day staring at Excel spreadsheets, I don't want to look at another one all evening/weekend as well. And it seems slower than the old dashboard. Not much of an upgrade if you ask me, and for what? So it can support a motion controller that I have absolutely zero inclination to ever even consider buying.

I shall end with a very sarcastic:
w00t

DrWilhelm

May 5, 2009
Installed the update and not only is it ugly as sin, but my xbox is now crashing when I turn it on. Wonderful!

Pyrokinesis1019

Jun 3, 2010
Thanks a lot, Micros-*COUGHCOUGHHACKGAG* ...YOU. What the hell did you do with my half-decent console?! Don't you have anything better to do than fuck with the dashboard, which was completely fine before you screwed with it...? Every time I scroll through a menu... well. CLICK CLICK CLICK BEDOOP BEDOOP CLICK BEDOOP BEDOOP BEDOOP CLICK BEDOOP BING!
And what's more, your stupid downgrade made the guide take LONGER to pop up, so now I'm gonna die every time I stop for a second to check the time in the middle of a game.

(If somebody knows of a gaming console and a computer OS that play 360/PC games, and suck less than what Microsoft makes me put up with, please let me know. PLEASE OH GOD PLEASE)

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
Looks like shit. No, really. The dashboard looks and operates like shit. I want the old one back.

EDIT

Let me expand on this. With the old dashboard I didn't find myself having to try to go to the same menu three thousand times because the scroll was to fast (or to slow. It seems erratic.) I have some little photo of the box art of the game, instead of footage of the game. I liked that, so that's basically a superficial problem.

But I understand that Microsoft loves Kinect, and so do a lot of gamers. But seriously, leave my damn dashboard alone. Even if it some how makes it easier to navigate with Kinect you shouldn't nerf the controller-using base of your product. Now give me my green/blue/white color scheme back. No, the old one. The one that looked decent and didn't remind me of the god awful PS3 dashboard.

I am not a controller. I control. There is a difference.

DJShire

Sep 27, 2008
I do not own an XBOX 360, but from what I've seen on other forums, the consensus is that this update sucks...and you guys just reinforced that.

chuckey

Oct 9, 2010
I am not happy at all with the look of the dashboard. It looks to futuristic and boring. Not only did the old one look better it seemed to scroll through things faster as well. At least I'm lucky that my Xbox did not get all the problems some other forum members have gotten.

Sheinen

Apr 22, 2009
Laaaaaaame. Just used the frigging thing, the new guide looks like windows 98. I mean WTF? Why launch Windows 7 with all the groovy glass effects and apple like stylisation - clearly a result of masses of market research saying that's what people like - to do the complete opposite with the funky looking new 360?

Le Douche

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
DJShire said:
I do not own an XBOX 360, but from what I've seen on other forums, the consensus is that this update sucks...and you guys just reinforced that.
Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Also, thank god the update included NZ!