Make the perfect Final Fantasy game by...

redeemer09

Jan 19, 2009
add actual customization(gender,race,facial features, and hair....) actual choice(no more black and white hero's. it time for some war mongering douche bags that punch reporters for a living)the men must look like men(im looking at you hope)and last but not least romance options(including gay and lez ones).sign me up for the ff development team plz?

redeemer09

Jan 19, 2009
oh did i mention a free roam battle system so we arnt forced into fighting those annoying enemies

Azex

Jan 17, 2011
Carlston said:
Make NEW characters not just throw a dart at a board with details.
Throw dart, Female.
Throw dart at job... Soldier.
Throw dart again for weapon, Gun blade.
Throw dart again personality. Loner.

And we shall call her "Lightning."
Make an FF where we as the players can utlise this mechanic and the plot generates it around them. then you have the perfect FF.

The series has gone on too long and there is just too much variety. every one has there own perfect bits from all over the place

redeemer09

Jan 19, 2009
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
AetherWolf said:
Actually, your idea is pretty spot-on...
I always wanted another full-out Ivalice game like XII.
Or a sequel to IX, supported by the fact that an executive would approve of it:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/980/980580p1.html
Apparantly IX is the favourite FF game of both Hironobu Sakaguchi (Mr Final Fantasy himself), and Nobuo Uematsu, as well as Takeshi Arakawa. The trouble is, while the old-school staff at Square (and Mistwalker Studios too) love IX, it's no way near as popular as VII or X. Which is criminal in itself, but you can at least understand why Squenix don't see it as remake material.

redeemer09 said:
add actual customization(gender,race,facial features, and hair....) actual choice(no more black and white hero's. it time for some war mongering douche bags that punch reporters for a living)the men must look like men(im looking at you hope)and last but not least romance options(including gay and lez ones).sign me up for the ff development team plz?
So... instead of a Final Fantasy game, you want a Bioware game?
no just a final fantsy game that actually feels like i have control over my character destiny and how he or she become(and let me punch reporters)

redeemer09

Jan 19, 2009
redeemer09 said:
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
AetherWolf said:
Actually, your idea is pretty spot-on...
I always wanted another full-out Ivalice game like XII.
Or a sequel to IX, supported by the fact that an executive would approve of it:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/980/980580p1.html
Apparantly IX is the favourite FF game of both Hironobu Sakaguchi (Mr Final Fantasy himself), and Nobuo Uematsu, as well as Takeshi Arakawa. The trouble is, while the old-school staff at Square (and Mistwalker Studios too) love IX, it's no way near as popular as VII or X. Which is criminal in itself, but you can at least understand why Squenix don't see it as remake material.

redeemer09 said:
So... instead of a Final Fantasy game, you want a Bioware game?
no just a final fantsy game that actually feels like i have control over my characters destiny and how he or she become(and lets me punch reporters)

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Chrono Trigger's Music
Chrono Trigger's Gameplay
Chrono Trigger's Story
Chrono Trigger's Art style
Change the name to Chrono Trigger

Just sayin'

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
Finish Kingdom Hearts 3 and call it "Kingdom Hearts 3: Final Fantasy".

That way i can get the third freaking game already. I've waited patiently Square. Give me my fucking game already. No more side games. No more games on Handhelds. The fucking PS3, do it.

OT: Honestly, FFX and FFVI with FFIV five party member system with FFX-2's level up system.

Before anyone accuses me of it, no, i thought X-2 was crap. However the garment grid system, while having a stupid fucking name and idea "lol your changing clothes! FASHIONISM!!" the priniciples of how it worked were pretty bad ass, especially how the classes were so tightly defined. For example the black mage and white mage could only cast spells. Berserker couldn't be killed. EVER.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
I'd rather introduce my own features, but if I had to cut-and-paste I'd go with Tactics' battle system (with expanded character cap and rebalanced jobs) cleaned up by FFX-type rendering, backed by FFXIII's soundtrack with new jobs from all over the place such as Gambler (Setzer) or Artist (Relm).

Left to my own devices, I'd design an FFX-3. Prequel, but not the obvious one everyone suggests at some point. This would take place 1000 years ago during the original 'Machina War' between Bevelle and Zanarkand that caused Sin to be created by Zanarkand's most prodigious (but gradually insane) summoner, eventually leading up to its first-ever defeat by Yunalesca and Zaon. WoW: Cataclysm has showed us how moving a familiar landscape dramatically altered in a particular way can be, so in addition to new locations it would subject a number of Spiran locales to severe collateral damage resulting from Machina weapons and summoners battling.

cgentero

Nov 5, 2010
FF7's Villains, Music, and Materia System(For Abilities)
FF8's World, Limit Breaks, and GF Junction(For Perks)
FFX's Heroes, Combat, and Sphere Grid(For Stats)
FFXII's Freedom, Side Quests, and Story

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Bring back the focus on the characters. Give me entire side quests that have nothing to do with the main story, but give you insight into your party. Give me characters that are unique and each one has their own personality and story, not a carbon copy or an ideal made flesh. VII, VIII, X, and to a lesser extent IX did this very well.

Side quests. People keep saying XII had side quests. Where were these quests? All I found was the hunting side quest. I want a quest where you go off and your reward is a new party member. You go explore an island that someone mentions in passing, then you go back and explore it AGAIN because something unlocked. You go through all this crazy planning to find out the girl in the library likes Zell. Give me sidequests that are outside of the main story, but still affect the world.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
VII's music into everything else for VIII and you have the perfect FF.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Defense said:
Directed by Yasumi Matsuno, music created by Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda
I do believe that the world would crack beneath the sheer amount of epic and awesome that would bring.

HapexIndustries

Mar 8, 2011
Space Spoons said:
I'd be satisfied if they just went back to turn-based combat, dropped voice acting and put someone other than Tetsuya Nomura on character designs. Everything else is golden.
I mostly agree with that (ESPECIALLY the voice acting, wait, and the combat... oh and the designs too) except I'd also like:

Less noninteractive movies that take 20 minutes and totally suck
Less androgynous main characters
Less pointless filler dungeons (fuck you FF13)
Some characters I give a damn about, like I did in FFIV and VI and VII

That's really it. I hope that someday there is another good FF, I haven't enjoyed one since IX.