Man Accused of Witness Tampering Over Xbox Live

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Antari said:
I think this guy will be a bit shocked when his new room mate in jail says, "Your mine now.", and he can't block communications.
Good point.

I relly don't get how this guy figured he would go undetected in a world where a kid on WoW got picked up for saying he was "gonna shoot up his school".

Chrissyluky

Jul 3, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Hayward is accused of sending of sending two messages via Xbox Live
fix that :). OT: xbox live is now no longer just a place for internet tuff guise but also for rl tuff guise too! Society sure is evolving! Also how exactly did he get his gamertag? are they friends?(great friend)

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
So then does this set a legal precedent towards bullying on XBL? Give it around 30 days before you start seeing such things. I'm sure there are a team of lawyers waiting to take a bite out of this action.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I would like to know how the hell they got into a conversation that ended with them swapping gamertags.

"Hey man, wanna buy some weed?"
"No thanks man, hey you got an xbox live?"

Seriously, just thinking about it sounds akward.

Notsomuch

Apr 22, 2009
Sounds like normal XBL banter. Are they sure the guy knew the other guy was a witness as opposed to losing one too many times in MW2? I've gotten worse messages. Did he say anything about the witness' momma?

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
I just want to know how he got the gamertag in the first place. Did I miss something, or has that become an exceedingly simple task to do of late?

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
I have to say I'm starting to respect microsoft then more and more!

[small]*and fear them*[/small]

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Chrissyluky said:
Also how exactly did he get his gamertag? are they friends?(great friend)
I have to concur with this. Where the hell did he get his gamertag? Tends to make one wonder.

Binerexis

Dec 11, 2009
I just don't see why he didn't get a group of drug addicts to give him mass amounts of negative feedback to forever scar his gamertag.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
SlainPwner666 said:
Chrissyluky said:
Also how exactly did he get his gamertag? are they friends?(great friend)
I have to concur with this. Where the hell did he get his gamertag? Tends to make one wonder.
From the context of the story it might be easy to assume that the witness was hauled in by the police and agreed to sell out his friend for a reduced charge/punishment.

Xannieros

Jul 29, 2008
Any chances of him being found innocent, if there was any chance are pretty much lost.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
I wonder if this will become the new thing. What if serial killers start writing down the gamertags and murdering whoever on the other team gets a Tactical Nuke or an AC130 while playing Modern Warfare 2?

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Okay.... I had a message of some guy on Xbox live calling me a Yank because I quit early. (in my defence I had to go to with some friends out. so i had to stop playing.).

I sent him a message back telling him I'm Canadian (in reality i'm half canadian half egyptian.), and I got a slew of insults about Canada.

DancePuppets

Nov 9, 2009
Irridium said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
From what I've heard about Xbox live, that seems almost tame for the threats made.
Oh. It is. Trust me.

Seriously, I know its the internet and all, but some of the things I've seen... just damn.

OT: Well now the man may not even need to testify. Such an obvious threat is sure to pretty much kill any hope he had.
Normally though the messages start with "U R such a cheating Noob using hax" and then move into the threats! :p

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
How the hell did he get the witness' gamertag? Were they friends or something?

EDIT: Just had a thought, wouldn't it have been better for the drug addict if he got his friends(assuming he has some) on XBL to give the witness mass negative feedback instead of posting incredibly tame threats?