Man Kills Self While Taking a Selfie With a Gun

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
While it's highly unfortunate that he died (and didn't even get to die immediately) he was kind of a big idiot. For one, it seems that he didn't put the safety on. Secondly....it was a loaded gun. That's already asking for trouble.

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
I thought I was clicking on a thread about a guy who committed suicide and set it up to be uploaded online.

But instead I get a thread about a guy accidentally killing himself and the people in the thread saying "Good, he deserved it for being stupid."

What the fuck people. I thought I was cold to stupidity. I can easily see and agree with people saying "No surprise there." or something along those lines, but to say he deserved it?

Just what the fuck.

Do you guys look at small children who died playing in traffic and say "Good, only the smart kids live long enough to pass on their genes."?

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
It's like the saying goes, remove all warning labels and the problem solves itself; also phones are dangerous, you should watch where you point those things.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
In his defense he was very young. Lots of people here are making themselves feel better about themselves by calling him stupid, but when you're young, you do stupid shit. That's a fact, jack. I've never pointed a loaded gun at my head, but I have done some stupid shit that I regret. So have you.

People like to pretend like they are perfect... or they like to pretend like their faults are 'lesser' somehow...

Sad this guy died, oh well.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
I'm just glad he didn't survive.

I have no issues with people doing stupid s***, I just don't want modern medicine saving them from repercussions.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
...Did the photo you know...get "snapped"?

Anyway why would you point a loaded gun at your own head? You want to pose with it for a phote, fine whatever but take the bloody bullets out first.

GestaltEsper

Oct 11, 2009
Jonathan Hornsby said:
Alex Co said:
Has social media morphed into such a big deal now that people are even doing dangerous things just to get noticed?
Where have you been for the last decade? Never heard of the cinnamon challenge (can cause you to choke to death)? The salt and ice challenge (third degree burns)? The milk challenge (deadly, but I forget the science behind that one)? The cold water challenge (in addition to hypothermia, people have broken bones and even been paralyzed jumping into frozen lakes)? Or the fire challenge (do I even have to explain why setting yourself on fire is moronic? Plus people have died from it recently)?

Stupid people + social media = Darwinism at its best.
I'm sorry, but...what? Where did those even...why would...ah...?

SamTheNewb

Apr 16, 2013
Sad part is the real idiot is still alive. It is said, in the article, that the gun was loaned to him. Who in the right mind loans a loaded/primed gun to somebody else who probably has never touched a gun before? The guy who owns the gun should be better informed about it's operation and still decides to do the dumb thing.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
michael87cn said:
In his defense he was very young. Lots of people here are making themselves feel better about themselves by calling him stupid, but when you're young, you do stupid shit.
No, being "young" doesn't justify being this stupid, especially when the "young = stupid" statement is even more useless when you consider he was 21, he pointed a gun at HIMSELF for a picture, he was just dumb.

Also, a lot of people by the age of 10 or even less already know that they shouldn't be pointing a gun at themselves.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
waj9876 said:
Yeah, pretty much. I'd like to say I was surprised to see this, especially on a site that is supposed to be better than a lot of others as far as attitude is concerned, but honestly, I'm not in the slightest. Society can be immensely vicious sometimes. It's unfortunate.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
"Stupid is as stupid does"?

Not glad someone died, but not quite mourning his loss either. For those with a taste for dark humor "guy shoots himself in the head taking a selfie with a gun" is pretty damn funny, if only for a minute or so.

On a side note, I wonder if those apparently dreading "people feeling better about themselves by mocking a dead guy" (paraphrase) are guiltless of doing much the same thing, using those very people? 'Moral superiority' and such.

CManator

Nov 8, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:

Make no mistake kids, it's your constitutional right to bear insta-kill long-range weaponry.
Yep, too bad it happened outside of 'murica, at close range, and he didn't die immediately.

And seriously, if I ever do anything as stupid and irresponsible as that and die as a result, you all have my permission to point and laugh about it, Nelson style.

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
It's tragic, but I can't feel bad for him because he disregarded Rule 0 of any kind of weapon--it's a weapon and you'd better give it the respect it is due. A weapon's purpose, by design, is to cause harm in some fashion, no matter what some folks might claim about various items only being designed for intimidation (as someone who has been bludgeoned by an angry student with a prop gun, I assure you even that hurts more than you'd expect). Every dangerous object, no matter its type, must be treated with respect because physics is an unforgiving mistress and she likes to remind us of that fact at all the worst possible times.

I really pity his family, who now has to bury him with this still on the news.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
Zhukov said:
First rule of gun safety: Do not point the weapon at anything that you do not wish to put a hole in.

Second rule of gun safety: Be aware of the weapon's state of readiness at all times. (i.e. Loaded/unloaded, cocked/uncocked, safety on/off.)

Do they not teach people this shit anymore? Or are some people just too dumb to listen to what is essentially just common sense?
well according to the article private firearm ownership is not legal so they are probably not taught that stuff also never underestimate how stupid people can be