Man Kills Three Brothers For Stealing X-Box

Traumaward313

Nov 24, 2009
Thedayrecker said:
Traumaward313 said:
Canid117 said:
Thedayrecker said:
Too much Grand Theft Auto....

In all seriosuness, he shouldn't get away with this, but he probably will, based on some law that says you can kill thieves.
Read the story again he is from Louisiana not Texas.

P.S

I wish we could kill thieves.
In my home state of Florida we have this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

Of course there's always a catch (they have to be in your house).

Ha. That sounds lovely. Here in Australia we crucify eachother as often as possible over the slightest of shortcomings. If I run at police brandishing a machete screaming "you're dead coppers!" and they shoot me, they will be brought under full investigation and I will be branded in the media as a fun loving saint who would never hurt a fly. So we'd never have anything like that. Still wish I could kill thieves :(

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
DaGreatNoob said:
Xojins said:
I don't buy that at all; no one kills three kids (with an assault rifle, mind you) just because of an Xbox.
Like how someone in China (or was it Taiwan?) who "didn't" stab a 14-year-old kid in the head with a knife for cheating at a game?
That seems pretty straightforward to me; kid is accused of cheating and gets a knife through the head (by a random gamer). Not saying it was right, but it seems pretty straightforward. In this case, a guy kills 3 kids with an assault rifle as they were getting to the shooters ex-girlfriend's house, and you expect me to believe it was just about a stolen Xbox (which is worth about 50 bucks now)? I don't believe for a second that that's all it was about. There are definitely details missing in this story.

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010
Xojins said:
DaGreatNoob said:
Xojins said:
I don't buy that at all; no one kills three kids (with an assault rifle, mind you) just because of an Xbox.
Like how someone in China (or was it Taiwan?) who "didn't" stab a 14-year-old kid in the head with a knife for cheating at a game?
That seems pretty straightforward to me; kid is accused of cheating and gets a knife through the head (by a random gamer). Not saying it was right, but it seems pretty straightforward. In this case, a guy kills 3 kids with an assault rifle as they were getting to the shooters ex-girlfriend's house, and you expect me to believe it was just about a stolen Xbox (which is worth about 50 bucks now)? I don't believe for a second that that's all it was about. There are definitely details missing in this story.
Okay, you got me there. :|

Bill_Stanbrook

Oct 13, 2009
This will undoubtedly be fuel for the anti-gaming idiots, but you could probably substitute the X-Box for any other household appliance and the result would probably have been the same.

The guy involved was obviously not right in the head, and any number of similar situations could have lead to this outcome.

MelziGurl

Jan 16, 2009
Traumaward313 said:
Thedayrecker said:
Traumaward313 said:
Canid117 said:
Thedayrecker said:

In all seriosuness, he shouldn't get away with this, but he probably will, based on some law that says you can kill thieves.

P.S

Ha. That sounds lovely. Here in Australia we crucify eachother as often as possible over the slightest of shortcomings. If I run at police brandishing a machete screaming "you're dead coppers!" and they shoot me, they will be brought under full investigation and I will be branded in the media as a fun loving saint who would never hurt a fly. So we'd never have anything like that. Still wish I could kill thieves :(
I'm pretty sure that if you openly threaten the police while brandishing a weapon and they shoot you in the knee cap to prevent such a threat being followed through that you're going to look like an arse. And that is what will be printed in the media.

Mar 9, 2010
FargoDog said:
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
FargoDog said:
The Hairminator said:
Police say Reed hid in the woods with an SKS rifle by his ex-girlfriend's home where the boys were visiting.
And this is what makes me sceptical that it was just about a games console. Doesn't it seem more likely it might have something to do with his ex-girlfriend?
Why would he assume that his brothers would visit his ex-girlfriend to talk about the console?

OT: Yeah, this is gonna spin badly with the media for us. It's more than likely bullshit too.
They weren't his brothers, and I meant it to do with the fact he may have felt they were involved with his ex-girlfriend, thus triggering jealousy or something else altogether. I just find it hard to believe, with a statement like that, this is all about an Xbox.
I realised a little while after posting that I got that bit wrong. But it was definitely much more than just a console. The whole idea that his ex was involved too makes that stand out. Like you said, jealousy may have played a key part. Who knows, maybe he was just a nut job who wanted to kill his ex's friends.

So many questions, so few answers.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Antitonic said:
-Samurai- said:
I was thinking the same thing. Either way, it's just another reason for the media to ***** about violent games and their effects on people.
Be funny if it turns out all he had for the console was Viva Pinata, or something like that.
Or MyLittlePony!

Damn that's bad.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
This really doesn't have anything to do with Gaming besides the fact that an Xbox was involved. I'd suspect the man would have done the same thing if his TV or his Football or anything of equal value to him was taken from him. The man clearly has anger issues and I hope he does life for this.

capin Rob

Apr 2, 2010
The Hairminator said:
CouchCommando said:
I blame violent computer games.
I blame oxygen.
I blame Hydrogen :3

OT: Well well well. three boys leaving his Ex-Girlfriends house you say? it has to be the X-Box.... I mean come on. Wouldn't you get pissed if you couldn't play MW2 anymore?

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
No one even mentioned how it was video game related violence though...

In fact they likened it to a violent tv show.

If anything I think that this sort of news gives reason why people shouldn't be allowed guns rather than why people shouldn't play video games.

People on here get really touchy whenever there is violence that is even vaguely related to video gaming. When have any of these news stories, even the ones where people blame video games, ever affected gamers?

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
Nononononononoonnoonnono....no

Man kills friends for stealing, period.

Just because that item was an xbox doesn't give discussion value.

lemby117

Apr 16, 2009
Antari said:
Ya there's most likely alot more to this story. All 3 of his brothers are at his ex girlfriend's place? ... That has to be explained in a little more detail to remove itself from being the motive.
This doesnt specificaly say that they were his brothers however it is posible but unlikely if you look at the age gap. anyway the dude killed someone my age and thirteen is just to young to go. I hope he hangs.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
That's what you get for messing with a mans console!

I mean, come on...
You just don't take another man's gaming device.

Seriously though,
The man is clearly not right in the head.
I highly doubt that this was about a console.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
fenrizz said:
That's what you get for messing with a mans console!

I mean, come on...
You just don't take another man's gaming device.

Seriously though,
The man is clearly not right in the head.
I highly doubt that this was about a console.
If it was, he could have just like, had taken it back and be done with it. His brothers would most likely have been too scared to do anything, him holding a rifle and all. That is, unless it's a genetic thing and they're all crazies.

Traumaward313

Nov 24, 2009
MelziGurl said:
Traumaward313 said:
Thedayrecker said:
Traumaward313 said:
Canid117 said:
Thedayrecker said:

P.S

I'm pretty sure that if you openly threaten the police while brandishing a weapon and they shoot you in the knee cap to prevent such a threat being followed through that you're going to look like an arse. And that is what will be printed in the media.

'Fraid not. I speak having witnessed very many such reports.