Man Loses 27 Pounds Eating Twinkies and Doritos

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
I salute this man for how awesome he is. But, I need no fancy pansy figgly wiggly diet. Would you like to know why? *shifts eyes* I! ... do not enjoy junk food. I detest Mtn Dew, Chips I could seriously live in a world without and barely notice, haven't had a Hostess snack cake in years, and uh, yeah just don't SNACK in general.

VampiresDontSparkle

Jan 14, 2010
Calories in > Calories out = weight gain
Calories in < Calories out = weight loss

Doesn't everyone know this? You can be unhealthy while eating fruit, vegetables and lean meats if you eat too much of them. It's portion size, in addition to exercise, that really matters. I've been told this for years. It's certainly not a revelation.

Also, he didn't cut out everything other than junk food entirely -- he ate vegetables and took a multivitamin. In essence, he cheated. Eating vegetables and then supplementing your body with vitamins and minerals in order to overcome the deficiencies caused by junk food only shows that junk food is not healthy for you as a full diet. Synthetic vitamins should never take the place of actual food; they should only supplement it.

Demodeus

Sep 20, 2010
i find gaining weight a lot harder than loosing it..
for example i can loose 10 pounds on one weekend yet it takes me 2 months to get them back >_>

iHaile

Sep 29, 2010
This doesn't really sound like a breakthrough to me.
He's taking a multivitamin, eating vege, protein shake, then just making up the calories with a bit of junk food.
If he ate nothing but junk food and maintained a healthy diet then he'd have something, but in the meanwhile it's just calorie counting and taking suppliments.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
VampiresDontSparkle said:
Calories in > Calories out = weight gain
Calories in < Calories out = weight loss

Doesn't everyone know this?
Sadly, no. Even in this comment thread there are folks for whom this is new and a few even find it incomprehensible... and look at the success of fad diets for a wider sample.

-- Steve