MANLY TEARS

Aaron Frederick

Jun 9, 2011
No tears, But sadness was exhuded at the end of Blow, with johny depp.

Watch it, you will gasp.

EDIT: just remembered, Dragon heart. Saddest movie EVER!

dot0rai

Aug 2, 2010
Killing the Boss in Metal Gear Solid. Why did I have to kill her after that thing with the Sorrow? And then make me do it again in Peace Walker?

nonl33t m4st3r

Oct 31, 2009
G Gundam
The deaths of Kyoji and Master Asia back to back, especially after they explain everything

Acid Scar

Jul 23, 2008
Lion King, not as a kid though, I was always in denial Mufasa was really dead, and before it had time to sink in they took my attention away. When I saw it with my younger sister I started bawling up at the thought

American Beauty also made me cry, and made me a Kevin Spacey fan oddly enough.

Carl Sagan makes me cry when I'm stoned and know one is around, dunno if that counts.

Daniel Weisman

Oct 19, 2010
When Rose was trapped in the parallel world in doctor who and the doctor almost said "I love you" but couldn't

Wr3kluz

Aug 14, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Toy Story 3.

Many manly tears were cried that day.

Even a sob or two.
Yes, that part where he's giving the toys away. The furnace scene didn't scare me, I knew it wouldn't end that way, but Andy being a big kid and not wanting to get rid of Woody, christ I couldn't help it

crap everyone said them, Shawshank of course, but yeah for more out of happiness for Tim Robbin's character.
Teh Jammah said:
Nobody has mentioned Kamina dying taking a nap in Gurren Lagann?

Son i am disappoint.
This part was messed up because I was watching the show on netflix and that exact episode was mixed up, they just had the previous one over, so I start off the next episode with KAMINA IS DEAD. I'm just like..... WHAT!!! Had to go and find the scene off youtube.

Nyaliva

euclideanInsomniac
Sep 9, 2010
Many things cause my (probably less than) manly tears to sprout forth. One thing that I still can't get over is the point in The Fox and The Hound when the lady had to set her pet fox free in the nature reserve.

When I was a kid I had to leave the room, now I still cry, but I take it like a man.

DarkRyter said:
Jurassic Bark.

If it takes forever...
Oh...

Seeing this nearly made me cry. This episode and The Sting when Leela is trapped and trying to wake up.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
ViciousTide said:
I cried when Thor doesn't ever get to see Natalie Portman ever again, because the Rainbow Bridge was destroyed! He doesn't ever get to see her naked!
Except that he totally will get to see her again, since the avengers isnt much later in the timeline. Add to that, the Asgardians BUILT the bifrost, and there is no reason they can't do it again. It might TAKE a while, but its not impossible. The movie was silly.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
I have a very weird mind, I get emotionally attached to a character in a story (writen only, it doesn't seem to happen when I can't give each character a voice in my head) so if they're upset it gets to me too, it's really bizarre

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
chewbacca1010 said:
-snip-
I used to cry when hearing this one song called Flames by a band called VAST. I don't anymore, but to date, it is the only song to have moved me to tears.
-snip-
I don't know how you confined yourself to only "Flames". That entire album is high octane weepy-fuel.
I always tear up for "Io seguo il mio destino" from Madama Butterfly too but I don't think I've ever sprung an actual leak for either.

OT - The last time I shed manly tears of manhood was watching Wolf's Rain. I don't think I was able to watch 3 consecutive episodes without having to fight back tears at least once. The times I was successful I considered it a personal triumph, but if you don't cry at least once during that series you've got to be made out of stone.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
mocruz1200 said:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the ending to The Iron Giant.
Whuh? Several people have.

OT: I can't get immersed enough in films for them to make me cry (as far as I remember >.>), but Lirum's actual death scene in Lost Odyssey got me pretty damn close to it. That is one hell of a depressing game.

white_salad

Aug 24, 2008
Taddy said:
My Little Dashie, first time in so many years. And also the funeral scene in Full Metal Alchemist, that was pretty emotional.
Oh god why would you bring up my little dashie?!

LikeDustInTheWind

Mar 29, 2010
I have never cried at any of things here that I've seen, not even Grave Of The Fireflies or the beginning of Up. I don't think I have a soul...