Mann Vs Machine Have you played yet

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
I really like this gamemode. I don't know which map I played, but I think it was decoy cause I remember the 150 scouts (or maybe not idk had 8 rounds). It was tricky at the beginning but once everyone figured they're stuff out we wrecked. All I can say is that by the end I had a heavy using a brass beast with all this one it:
500 rounds
+30% fire rate
+100 health/kill
+2 bullet pen
+2 Rage
+The ability to shoot rockets and grenades out of the air.

That ability upgrade especially made me able to go toe to toe with super soldiers without taking damage.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
I want to, but I'm having issues. All the servers are either full or password locked and when I do get on a server, it lags to all hell and back and soon as the bots are released.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Oh god yes. Just played it. SOOO MUCH FUN.

Would recommend playing Pyro, and upgrading your flamethrower to give you health for each kill. Plus 100 health per kill lets you TANK robot scout-rushes. Then stick to damage, and flamethrower copasity upgrades, don't bother with shotgun/flaregun or melee upgrades. Focus on the flamethrower.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
TheKasp said:
Played it for the last 6h, since most of my region is starting to getting out of bed I am playing with matchmaking for the last 1h.

It's... hard. Stuck on a wave full of rockets and pipes.
Yeah, I only played a bit last night as the Scout (with the Sandman, too. So I only had 110 HP). Those giant Demomen are friggin' beasts. Getting hit by one was an insta-kill for me and it's freaking hard to dodge all of them.

That said, it was fantastic fun. I'm not sure how to approach the mode as a Scout yet. I would have been a Pyro (that's my main class), but someone else chose it first and I wanted variety on our team.

BoredWalker

Aug 14, 2012
Not yet, my wifi card's too craptastic to play anything online. If I ever get an ethernet connection or this stupid thing fixed,then I might jump on.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Played a couple of games today. It was incredibly fun but not worth waiting around 30 minutes per game. Especially since half the players I get ragequit after they lose a few waves and that there's no guarantee I'll even connect to the server.
I'll probably give it a week or so before I deem it safe to actually try.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Blarkuntvhite said:
I can't play it. The wait time to find a server is ridiculous.
You can play on a private server offline but bots don't work at all.
It's not much fun without players
Is it even possible or do you just get torn apart by a massive hoard?

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
Well, last night the servers weren't working...when stuff finally started to come online, I found you had to purchase a ticket to play, at that point I said "nope, skipping this" and played a few rounds of dustbowl instead.

I'm not paying to play a new game mode on a free to play game, if I FIND a ticket, I'll probably try it out, but I'm not forking out cash for it.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Zenn3k said:
Well, last night the servers weren't working...when stuff finally started to come online, I found you had to purchase a ticket to play, at that point I said "nope, skipping this" and played a few rounds of dustbowl instead.

I'm not paying to play a new game mode on a free to play game, if I FIND a ticket, I'll probably try it out, but I'm not forking out cash for it.
Only the Very Hard Mode where you can get Robot-Related Hats requires Money. The normal game is completely free. Also, I don't think you can find a ticket.

bigfatcarp93 said:
I just couldn't get in, I'm not waiting 26 fucking minutes to play.
I had this same problem. But then I looked at Servers, and there are so many servers that are MvM. The only problem is many of them are Password Protected or already full, but when you do find an empty-ish one, you'll have lots of fun!

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Zenn3k said:

You only need to pay for the Mann Up mode. You can play singular matches for free.

Mr.Swiggly

The PC Master Elitist
Apr 25, 2011
Nah, I can't cause both of my computers that could play it are both dying horribly :(

It looks like tons of fun tho, so I'm going to try to fix my computers over the weekend.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Matchmaking is a pile of broken limbs and failure. I mean seriously 11,728 players in the queue and 31 minutes to find me a game? Yes, that's me canceling the search and going to the normal server list again!

Other than that it is a lot of fun.

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
I did manage to find a server with room, was good fun so far.
Other than that round I'm staying clear until it calms down a bit.

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
I tried with a group last night, but we couldn't get in. One of the members of the group /did/ manage to get in a few times though, in both paid mode and free mode. Apparently it's all a lot of fun, but the tours of duty are, in fact, different from the free version. They're much harder, for one thing. I can't believe Valve is getting away with charging per game with this new mode. Can you imagine if the next CoD game charged a dollar per game of Zombies?
Actually, each ticket you buy is supposed to let you play a SERIES of maps, and the ticket isn't consumed if you lose or leave before you get your loot.

That being said, I still don't agree with Valve on this one. I wouldn't have BOUGHT a ticket if they had made it CLEAR that it only works once.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
I haven't played the mode yet but it looks fun, although I'm currently very busy rolling my eyes harder than I ever though possible over once again seeing fans trip each other for a chance to kiss valve's feet for doing something that any other company would get crucified for.

Zinkraptor

Oct 25, 2010
major_chaos said:
I haven't played the mode yet but it looks fun, although I'm currently very busy rolling my eyes harder than I ever though possible over once again seeing fans trip each other for a chance to kiss valve's feet for doing something that any other company would get crucified for.
It's an awful system, but the main reason they get away with it is because virtually no TF2 players actually use the official servers, so players don't really feel like they're having anything "taken away" from them.

If the Official servers were more of a staple (like they are in many other games), it'd almost certainly be more of a controversy.