Map Lovers Need to Pre-Order Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Map Lovers Need to Pre-Order Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The pre-order bonus for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be a must to safely navigate the game's rough terrain.

Bethesda Softworks has announced a special pre-order bonus for those that put a deposit down on Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Pc/dp/B004HYIAPM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1308866782&sr=8-3]. Everyone that buys the game gets a map, but pre-order customers will get the benefit of navigating via a "premium map."

What's the difference? The map included in every copy of Skyrim is a "regular paper map," and probably comes folded up, bearing the fold marks associated with folding. When you're running from a dragon, you don't want to get confused about if a mark on your map is a fold mark or a river. It could lead to certain doom.

The premium map is made of a high-grade material that Bethesda calls "similar to burlap." You can probably roll it up like a scroll and never have to worry about any of those previously mentioned fold marks. An image of the map makes it out to be approximately the size of 8 DVD cases lined up 2 high and 4 wide.

The pre-order bonus will be available in both North America and Europe. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be released for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on November 11, 2011.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Well, that decides it. Off to the game store!

In all seriousness, I love maps (and charts) so that is pretty cool.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Nowadays I buy most of my games from Steam, but games like that I want to have an actual box copy. Though most games I've bought allow/require you to download the Steam version anyway.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Well I certainly I have enough money to pre order it then, fold marks are a constant annoyance for me. Especially when i'm looking at a map.

Grunt_Man11

Mar 15, 2011
Now see? That's a good pre-order bonus! It's not some in-game mega weapon that kills the challenge, or some unbalanced perk in multi-player. It's a physical collector's item that would probably look good framed.

That's what pre-order bonuses should be.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
I wonder if I will get it....since I didnt preorder via GameTheft

Good Good

Now for the:

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Collector's Edition

to be announced

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
I was waiting to pre-order because I had a feeling they would do something like this.

Even without it, I would have eventually pre ordered it anyway. Can't wait.

OMG the gameplay video of that Dragon made me want the game NOW!

Wolfpocalypse

Nov 18, 2009
what's this? a pre-order bonus that is really great and doesn't penalize the standard customers? the competition seriously needs to note that THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is how its done.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I would get this in a heartbeat if the game allows you to register it with Steam. Otherwise, it's just Steam. It's annoying having boxes and discs floating around. It's bad enough I have to have a dedicated shelf for PS3 games.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I was going to download anyway, this is just an awesome added bonus. Now just need info and price on the Collectors Edition.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
That's cool, I have a map of Middle Earth like that from a war of middle earth game way back in the day. The Ultima games came with a map all the time like that.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
What I didn't hear is the exclusivity part. Meaning, there was no emphasis on where I need to preorder my copy from. Hell, if I can preorder from play-n-trade or target and still get my fancy-pants map I'll just do that.