Marvel And Sony Cast New Spider-Man

BayouStalker

May 31, 2011
I personally was hoping for Miles. Not because the kid is black, but because I am kinda bored of Peter. Lets see the same origin story again. A little annoyed but as long as they don't bother with an origin story and just keep on trucking like nothing happened, hopefully we can get something interesting.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Jesus, I know Peter Parker is supposed to be young, but this kid looks like he's about 10.

I'm honestly wondering what his interactions with the other MCU characters will be. I mean, all of them are grown adults who have tons of life experience and are all at least 30 (and some are 1000's of years old), and now they're going to be joined by a kid who hasn't even gone through puberty yet?

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
ecoho said:
CrazyBlaze said:
Oh look another white Spiderman. How original.
nothing on miles who is a great spider man but most people think peter parker when they think of spider man, so yeah he kind of has to be white. Its also good to note that given how pissed people were about the Johnny storm casting, including marvel themselves, they want to avoid the same bad press.
This is the first time I hear about the Human Torch casting. Isn't he and Invisible Woman siblings? They could've at least cast black actors for both of them for the sake of consistency.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Doom972 said:
ecoho said:
CrazyBlaze said:
nothing on miles who is a great spider man but most people think peter parker when they think of spider man, so yeah he kind of has to be white. Its also good to note that given how pissed people were about the Johnny storm casting, including marvel themselves, they want to avoid the same bad press.
This is the first time I hear about the Human Torch casting. Isn't he and Invisible Woman siblings? They could've at least cast black actors for both of them for the sake of consistency.
Racist!!! J/K. Apparently Sue is adopted now, or something. I dunno, I never really liked the Fantastic 4 anyway, and I have about zero interest in this new movie.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
I don't really care, but honestly this is the third Spider-Man in less than a decade. And you know what? Marvel or Sony, irrelevant, it's gonna be the same as the last and hit around the same marks. I'm guessing this is gonna be the Spectacular or Ultimate Spider-Man. Where they're:

Either gonna be Mary Jane or Gwen cause it's the conventional starting point.

Gonna kill Uncle Ben at some point if they don't flat out start with him dead.

Gonna be a stint where for awhile he doesn't want to be Spider-Man.

I'm may be being presumptuous but it's the safe thing to do, right? Everyone above me is saying that since most people know Peter Parker they'll use him, so it would only make sense for the story to stay relatively the same, right? Regardless of what they do, it may be good movie, but it's gonna be a bit redundant.

What would be really interesting would be to sorta have Spider-Man appear in Civil War Amidst all the crazy stuff, establish who he is to others, show the good he's done for New York and how people in New York like him for the fact he's just a guy. Spider-Man's not a billionaire wearing a weapon, he's not some American figure-head super soldier, he's just some guy in a Spider motif who cracks jokes. That's why people like Spider-Man, cause to everyone else he's just some nice dude in a Spider outfit running helping everyone.

They should build him up like that in Civil War, have him get between all the crap and offer the opinion of "just some guy from Queens"...and then they should kill him. Why? Because most people at this point are gonna understand who Spider-Man (not necessarily due to this movie, but the other 5 that already exist as well as the plethora of cartoons) is and what he stands for, what he represents, and killing him at this point might actually mean something to the overall plot in the long haul.

It's Spider-Man guys! He's like the third best household superhero name behind Batman and Superman.

And honestly, I think it would be a perfect way to introduce someone else to the role of Spider-Man...like Miles Morales because that's literally one of the ways they do it in the comics, it's a logical choice in terms of who would be the next one given how things are playing out, he has an interesting background and personal struggle with all the teenage stuff you get from Peter along with trying to match up to the legacy Spider-Man left behind.

And to be extra honest, yes it's cause he's a biracial Puerto-Rican.

Note, if that sentence above made you chuckle or snort, I need you to chill. Not angry chill, but put-aside-your-crap-bear-with-me chill. Or relax if it annoyed you somehow. Or do a few jumping jacks and try to wake yourself up and not immediately pass over it. Now listen, I get it, I really do...fine no I don't.

Look, this is the part where everyone tells me that "making him 'exotic' doesn't make him better" "He's just a poor excuse for 'diversity' and 'political correctness'".

And this is the part where I say blow it out your web-shooters. Yes, him being who he is doesn't make him any better than Peter Parker or any of the other Spider people out there. But it makes him something else, something different but familiar at the same time. It allows for a different character with a whole new set of a challenges or even similar challenges to the last one through a different light. Probably wishing they had their guidance, whether it's fighting or villain or dealing with the school yard bully. And in the possibility that the writing for such a thing isn't good, people will voice their complaint...like how people complain about the portrayal of Peter Parker in both the Spider-Man movies that came out. So nothing new there.

Plus, yeah, it is about representation. It's not bad. It doesn't get in the way. Plus he's young black person to the audience out fighting crime in a country that has...interesting opinions about people with his skin color.

(And if you thought I was already off tangent with the Miles Morales stuff, you're gonna love this) Hollywood's preference to "whiteness" is an actual thing even in places where it actually shouldn't like sci-fi and fantasy for Christ's sake. And the superhero genre is one of those places. And it does actually limit all those genres and mediums.

Yes yes fine, not all media needs to the 'whole rainbow' I get it, but it's kinda weird when I'm watching a movie in space, or Middle Earth, or any movie that takes place in New York and all I see is snow. (And yes, I'm talking about the main cast as well as supporting characters worth a damn)

Especially when in Hollywood they take tons of characters from other nationalities and races and make them straight up, full-blooded USA white.

"But they're actors playing roles!" Then stop complaining about the Human Torch.

You don't see a "thing" there, whatever, call me an SJW or whatever blanket phrase you wanna use because everything's all hunky dory and I'm being a baby.

Also stop saying 'exotic'. It's obnoxious but not necessarily racist. Just kinda rude.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Lightknight said:
CrazyBlaze said:
So you believe that one race is better than another? Are you stating that you would have been happier had someone of a different race gotten this job because of their race?

Interesting. Who are you implying is racist here?

Peter Parker is white, deal with it. I'm not going to get mad if the next Malcom X film decides to cast yet another black actor to play Malcom. I would get testy if it went some other way though. Parker certainly isn't a real human being but he is certainly well established in cultural lore and mythos to have a stable identity in this way.

Now, is Miles Morales interesting because he's Black/Hispanic? No, that would be a dumb and racist thing to say. He's interesting because he's a different iteration of Spider Man with a different backstory than the one we've been shown. Or, I should say he was interesting. Has the Ultimate universe crashed in on itself yet in that scheme Marvel is pulling?

Anything different in the backstory is going to be interesting. But race or gender making a character "better" or "worse"? You've got to do some serious soul searching if you think that kind of mentality is somehow progressive and not just falling back into the same ruts our forefathers fell into.
Now, since you took a lot from those two sentences let me take a crack at it.

Maybe, what he meant, was exactly what you said. Maybe someone with a different backstory who isn't the same old Peter Parker would be different. Maybe they meant having A THIRD series of Spider-Man movies that are probably gonna play it safe and follow the traditional line of things isn't such a good idea. Or at least, is disappointing to them.

Or maybe changing Peter Parker's race while retaining his characteristics would be interesting cause it could add another layer to his character and does kinda change how the audience views him and interprets him...

Maybe CrazyBlaze meant a lot of things, but I have a hunch they didn't mean as much as you think they meant.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
It would seem that a lot of people want to see Miles Morales make an appearance as the main Spider-Man. Can't say that I'm in favour, never really liked him myself, but i think there is a more fundamental issue with that wish; Miles requires Peter to come before him. It is actually rather important to the character of Miles Morales, at least at first, that the original Spider-Man came before him and died whily trying to do/doing the right thing. Miles isn't just someone getting bit by a spider and putting on a costume, hes attempting to be Peter successor, a Miles Morales without Peter is like Peter without Uncle Ben and Aunt May; it might work but it won't make as much sense.
At heart I think Miles will always work better as a successor, so unless he is introduced in the middle of a movie, not an easy thing to do and keep pace at the same time, or in a sequel I doubt we'll be seeing him outside of the comics.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Scrythe said:
ecoho said:
CrazyBlaze said:
Based on that logic, Nick Fury has to be white because when people think of him, they picture the David Hasselhoff-looking iteration in every permutation of the comics until the Ultimate line rolled around. Also, Heimdall.

Look, I'm not against a white Spider-Man, and Peter Parker has a special place in so many hearts, but variations of "because tradition" are a shitty excuse for typecasting.

Although I will admit I'm still sad we'll never get Miguel O'Hara on the silver screen, but considering how many Marvel characters are in decent-to-good films now, beggars can't be choosers.
first and formost I have no problems with casting people of different races if they happen to be the better actor I mean look and himdel in the Thor movies that guy was made for that part. On the other hand I think its rather Bullshit that people think we have to change race of a character to be politically correct. in other words base your choice on acting not race.
Doom972 said:
ecoho said:
CrazyBlaze said:
exactly what marvel official statement was summed up as, though im surprised you hadn't heard it caused quite the shitstorm when it was announced both in the media and on this site in particular.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
An Ceannaire said:
He looks about 12.
He's around 19, if you check his IMDB page yuo will find that this is a dated photo. There are several others on his ptofile page where he looks far more his current age.

voltair27

Apr 9, 2012
To the guys wanting Miles Morales:

You can't have Miles Morales without killing off Peter Parker first because trying to fill Peter's shoes was one of the most important story arcs for Miles's character. Just randomly tossing Miles in would make absolutely no sense.

Dead Metal

Feb 7, 2010
TheNaut131 said:
I don't really care, but honestly this is the third Spider-Man in less than a decade. And you know what? Marvel or Sony, irrelevant, it's gonna be the same as the last and hit around the same marks. I'm guessing this is gonna be the Spectacular or Ultimate Spider-Man. Where they're:

Either gonna be Mary Jane or Gwen cause it's the conventional starting point.

Gonna kill Uncle Ben at some point if they don't flat out start with him dead.

Gonna be a stint where for awhile he doesn't want to be Spider-Man.

I'm may be being presumptuous but it's the safe thing to do, right? Everyone above me is saying that since most people know Peter Parker they'll use him, so it would only make sense for the story to stay relatively the same, right? Regardless of what they do, it may be good movie, but it's gonna be a bit redundant.

What would be really interesting would be to sorta have Spider-Man appear in Civil War Amidst all the crazy stuff, establish who he is to others, show the good he's done for New York and how people in New York like him for the fact he's just a guy. Spider-Man's not a billionaire wearing a weapon, he's not some American figure-head super soldier, he's just some guy in a Spider motif who cracks jokes. That's why people like Spider-Man, cause to everyone else he's just some nice dude in a Spider outfit running helping everyone.

They should build him up like that in Civil War, have him get between all the crap and offer the opinion of "just some guy from Queens"...and then they should kill him. Why? Because most people at this point are gonna understand who Spider-Man (not necessarily due to this movie, but the other 5 that already exist as well as the plethora of cartoons) is and what he stands for, what he represents, and killing him at this point might actually mean something to the overall plot in the long haul.

It's Spider-Man guys! He's like the third best household superhero name behind Batman and Superman.

And honestly, I think it would be a perfect way to introduce someone else to the role of Spider-Man...like Miles Morales because that's literally one of the ways they do it in the comics, it's a logical choice in terms of who would be the next one given how things are playing out, he has an interesting background and personal struggle with all the teenage stuff you get from Peter along with trying to match up to the legacy Spider-Man left behind.

And to be extra honest, yes it's cause he's a mixed Puerto-Rican bisexual.

Note, if that sentence above made you chuckle or snort, I need you to chill. Not angry chill, but put-aside-your-crap-bear-with-me chill. Or relax if it annoyed you somehow. Or do a few jumping jacks and try to wake yourself up and not immediately pass over it. Now listen, I get it, I really do...fine no I don't.

Look, this is the part where everyone tells me that "making him 'exotic' doesn't make him better" "He's just a poor excuse for 'diversity' and 'political correctness'".

And this is the part where I say blow it out your web-shooters. Yes, him being who he is doesn't make him any better than Peter Parker or any of the other Spider people out there. But it makes him something else, something different but familiar at the same time. It allows for a different character with a whole new set of a challenges or even similar challenges to the last one through a different light. Probably wishing they had their guidance, whether it's fighting or villain or dealing with the school yard bully. And in the possibility that the writing for such a thing isn't good, people will voice their complaint...like how people complain about the portrayal of Peter Parker in both the Spider-Man movies that came out. So nothing new there.

Plus, yeah, it is about representation. It's not bad. It doesn't get in the way. Plus he's young black person to the audience out fighting crime in a country that has...interesting opinions about people with his skin color.

(And if you thought I was already off tangent with the Miles Morales stuff, you're gonna love this) Hollywood's preference to "whiteness" is an actual thing even in places where it actually shouldn't like sci-fi and fantasy for Christ's sake. And the superhero genre is one of those places. And it does actually limit all those genres and mediums.

Yes yes fine, not all media needs to the 'whole rainbow' I get it, but it's kinda weird when I'm watching a movie in space, or Middle Earth, or any movie that takes place in New York and all I see is snow. (And yes, I'm talking about the main cast as well as supporting characters worth a damn)

Especially when in Hollywood they take tons of characters from other nationalities and races and make them straight up, full-blooded USA white.

"But they're actors playing roles!" Then stop complaining about the Human Torch.

You don't see a "thing" there, whatever, call me an SJW or whatever blanket phrase you wanna use because everything's all hunky dory and I'm being a baby.

Also stop saying 'exotic'. It's obnoxious but not necessarily racist. Just kinda rude.
Um, since when is Miles Morales bisexual? Or does the term biracial confuse you? Biracial means he's a mix of two races, not that he's interested in both men and women.

I would also like to point out how Peter Parker is the most logical choice for Spider-Man in movies, Peter sells more merch and comics. The Ultimate Spider-Man title went from an average of 98.000 issues sold each month to an average of 18.000 issues sold each month. It's a combination of Bendis having his best time as a writer behind him and Miles Morales being best described as Peter Parker, just with less dead relatives, and without the brains. It's kinda troublesome that the black replacement character is less smart and independent than the original white guy.
I mean he didn't come up with a Superhero identity, he didn't make his own costume, he didn't make any of his equipment, and he can't even make the webbing. Without SHIELD, or Peter's friends and family or Ganke, take any of that away and he's dead in the water.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
CrazyBlaze said:
I know right? Anyone would think that Marvel were trying for the kind of faithful representation of a fan favourite character that has worked so well in their movies to date or something! Madness!

OT: One part of me wonders if Tom Holland has what it takes to carry this off, but then a decade ago I might have said the same about Toby Maguire.

One thing I can't quite get my head around is how the dynamic will be between this Spiderman and the established Marvel characters. That interpersonal dynamic that has built up over the last few movies doesn't exactly seem like one that would lend itself naturally to the inclusion of a teenage character. I just have my fingers crossed that he won't end up as the Scrappy-Doo of the Avengers.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Dead Metal said:
Um, since when is Miles Morales bisexual? Or does the term biracial confuse you? Biracial means he's a mix of two races, not that he's interested in both men and women.

I would also like to point out how Peter Parker is the most logical choice for Spider-Man in movies, Peter sells more merch and comics. The Ultimate Spider-Man title went from an average of 98.000 issues sold each month to an average of 18.000 issues sold each month. It's a combination of Bendis having his best time as a writer behind him and Miles Morales being best described as Peter Parker, just with less dead relatives, and without the brains. It's kinda troublesome that the black replacement character is less smart and independent than the original white guy.
I mean he didn't come up with a Superhero identity, he didn't make his own costume, he didn't make any of his equipment, and he can't even make the webbing. Without SHIELD, or Peter's friends and family or Ganke, take any of that away and he's dead in the water.
Whoa, my bad, I was thinking back to the original controversy with his character where an artist was misinterpreted and everyone lost their collective minds. Hell, even after that people were still giving Miles Morales a hard time for just "being" someone who wasn't Peter Parker and, well, the obvious reason. (seriously, people are still really annoyed with that and I don't get it)

And yeah I'll admit, I haven't been too thrilled with how he's been handled in certain issues but I still think his character has lot potential in the mainstream Marvel Universe. Yeah, he's had a lot of help, but in the Ultimate Universe Peter started getting official training from Shield as well and honestly, given how things are playing in the MCU it would make sense for someone to be keeping an eye on the new Spider-Man. Great room for development and conflict. But yeah, Bendis is...Bendis and Miles could be so much more. Kinda hoping they handle that in the New Spider-Man comics given that Ultimate essentially doesn't exist anymore.

Truthfully tho, I'm actually not THAT bothered with another Peter Parker movie. I get why, he's a household name, etc. It's just kinda weird that he's starting him out in a movie that already seems pretty packed like Civil War and then having his trilogy start out. Plus just...tiring. Seriously, at this point all we could hope for is the 'best' version of this story but in reality it'll probably just be 'the one that actually matters'. Just kinda wanted something else.

But on another note, Jessica Jones is getting her own show and after they establish her, as well as Spider-Man in his own movies, the rest of Spider people will probably start flooding in.

So there's that.

Dead Metal

Feb 7, 2010
TheNaut131 said:
Dead Metal said:

Whoa, my bad, I was thinking back to the original controversy with his character where an artist was misinterpreted and everyone lost their collective minds. Hell, even after that people were still giving Miles Morales a hard time for just "being" someone who wasn't Peter Parker and, well, the obvious reason. (seriously, people are still really annoyed with that and I don't get it)

And yeah I'll admit, I haven't been too thrilled with how he's been handled in certain issues but I still think his character has lot potential in the mainstream Marvel Universe. Yeah, he's had a lot of help, but in the Ultimate Universe Peter started getting official training from Shield as well and honestly, given how things are playing in the MCU it would make sense for someone to be keeping an eye on the new Spider-Man. Great room for development and conflict. But yeah, Bendis is...Bendis and Miles could be so much more. Kinda hoping they handle that in the New Spider-Man comics given that Ultimate essentially doesn't exist anymore.

Truthfully tho, I'm actually not THAT bothered with another Peter Parker movie. I get why, he's a household name, etc. It's just kinda weird that he's starting him out in a movie that already seems pretty packed like Civil War and then having his trilogy start out. Plus just...tiring. Seriously, at this point all we could hope for is the 'best' version of this story but in reality it'll probably just be 'the one that actually matters'. Just kinda wanted something else.

But on another note, Jessica Jones is getting her own show and after they establish her, as well as Spider-Man in his own movies, the rest of Spider people will probably start flooding in.

So there's that.
I've actually come to hate Miles.
First time I heard about him I was a bit sad that Ultimate Peter died, since I did enjoy the book only having stopped pickig it up due to a price increase and having to sacrifice one of the monthly titles, and since everything else was 616 I decided to stop Ultimate since it had no bearing on the other titles I had going (just before the Clone Saga started).
But I liked the idea of Miles, a kid from a similar background as my own, having two cultures, on top of that Ultimate Spider-Man was always supposed to be the Spider-Man title to connect to young people, so having an alt universe with a young black hispanic with similar powers made a lot of sense.
Then I picked up Spider-Men and really liked Miles, and my interest was piqued. But then I made the mistake of ordering his first five TPB, because "hey he was cool and sweet in Spider-Men, and it'S by Bendis, the same guy who did the original U SM, so it has to be good!"
I don't know what happened, but Bendis somehow managed to turn into a bad writer. I mean I've always had problems with his writing (mostly the way he treated or "updated" characters he didn't like), but holy crap this looked like he stopped giving a fuck. And after those five TPB, TWO years worth of comic material, the only thing Miles actually did himself was stop being Spider-Man, everything else was just people doing everything for him. He did nothing to earn himself the title, then quits for over a year before even getting started and I'm supposed to care for him?

Sorry, but Spider-Man is all about a downtrodden loser, an underdog, getting shit done by himself, and using all his skills to achieve something. Miles lets his friends do all the work and then takes the credit for it. But everyone goes on about how great he is and how people who don't like him are racists.

And no, Miles has zero potential or hope in the mainstream Marvel Universe, his new series is written by Bendis, and Bendis is now the place good ideas and characters go to die. Hell, he actually managed to screw up Agent Venom, and make the Guardians of the Galaxy suck.
And mainstream books get cancelled when they perform poorly. Miles Morales performs poorly, he's already the least successful member of the new Avengers team, his book is going to get cancelled and then he's going to get killed, because he's just famous enough to get any kind of reaction, but not popular enough to keep around. And the excuse of being the most successful Ultimate Comics character and one of the few black characters in that universe isn't going to save him now, because, well the Ultimate verse is gone and the mainstream verse has better black characters than him.

Miguel O'Hara is a fantastic example of how to do a replacement Spider-Man, he actually has the intelligence and skills required. And in the same amount of issues, he actually got shit done, and established himself as a hero and a worthy successor to the title, and he didn't even have an interest in doing that. And yes, I know, he didn't make his costume as well, but he's still more competent and interesting than Miles, which is even more amazing considering that he's from the 90s and from a universe that was created to compete with image.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
TheNaut131 said:
Lightknight said:
CrazyBlaze said:
So you believe that one race is better than another? Are you stating that you would have been happier had someone of a different race gotten this job because of their race?

Interesting. Who are you implying is racist here?

Peter Parker is white, deal with it. I'm not going to get mad if the next Malcom X film decides to cast yet another black actor to play Malcom. I would get testy if it went some other way though. Parker certainly isn't a real human being but he is certainly well established in cultural lore and mythos to have a stable identity in this way.

Now, is Miles Morales interesting because he's Black/Hispanic? No, that would be a dumb and racist thing to say. He's interesting because he's a different iteration of Spider Man with a different backstory than the one we've been shown. Or, I should say he was interesting. Has the Ultimate universe crashed in on itself yet in that scheme Marvel is pulling?

Anything different in the backstory is going to be interesting. But race or gender making a character "better" or "worse"? You've got to do some serious soul searching if you think that kind of mentality is somehow progressive and not just falling back into the same ruts our forefathers fell into.
Now, since you took a lot from those two sentences let me take a crack at it.

Maybe, what he meant, was exactly what you said. Maybe someone with a different backstory who isn't the same old Peter Parker would be different. Maybe they meant having A THIRD series of Spider-Man movies that are probably gonna play it safe and follow the traditional line of things isn't such a good idea. Or at least, is disappointing to them.

Or maybe changing Peter Parker's race while retaining his characteristics would be interesting cause it could add another layer to his character and does kinda change how the audience views him and interprets him...

Maybe CrazyBlaze meant a lot of things, but I have a hunch they didn't mean as much as you think they meant.
The poster specified race. They didn't say, "Oh look another Spiderman.", they said "Oh look another white spiderman." The qualifier being the "white". It would be intellectually dishonest to try and get out of what was said through some kind of linguistic acrobatics here.

The clear conclusion is that they're unhappy that a white person was cast as Spiderman. Whatever their reasoning, racism is the correct conclusion in that they think the race of the actor is a negative (or positive) thing. They're like the coach who said they weren't winning because they didn't have enough black people on their team. Racism is still just racism.

You can try to justify it, but you aren't doing anyone any favors in doing so. It only harms the case for equality when prejudice is supported and rationalized.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008

...Well, that didn't take long...

I'm not terribly familiar with the guy. I've heard some good things about Wolf Hall, though not him in particular. I have to confess that I'm almost reflexively more positive about UK actors filling youth/young adult roles than American ones, given the success of such young actors in movie franchises like Harry Potter and the failure of same in... well, throw a dart, really.

Maybe give the guy a chance before deciding the franchise is ruined?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Scrythe said:
Based on that logic, Nick Fury has to be white because when people think of him, they picture the David Hasselhoff-looking iteration in every permutation of the comics until the Ultimate line rolled around. Also, Heimdall.

Look, I'm not against a white Spider-Man, and Peter Parker has a special place in so many hearts, but variations of "because tradition" are a shitty excuse for typecasting.
Yes, but look at it this way. Did you see the histrionics when it was announced there would be a superhero TV show not aimed directly at straight white teenagers? I mean, do you really want to crush them by removing their self-insert character? How could you? Won't someone pleeeeeeeease think of the straight white kids?

Although I will admit I'm still sad we'll never get Miguel O'Hara on the silver screen, but considering how many Marvel characters are in decent-to-good films now, beggars can't be choosers.
[/quote]

Miquel? But he's only half-white! That's almost...not white!

(Spider-Man 2099 was the only 2099 comic I really enjoyed, so I'd love to see him, too.