Marvel Promising Big "Shocker" in Invincible Iron Man 1

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Best guess - Ultron downloads into the armor and Tony is turned into a woman, again, this time for realsies, since the suit is connected to his brain synapses. So the suit opens, and out comes a sexier version of Janet Van Dyne, Ultron's perfect woman.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Mikeybb said:
I'd personally prefer a faked or inconclusive 'death' if they do indeed go with this option.
As much as I am interested in seeing the other stark brother and reading his rise as a hero, I'm reluctant to see the end of Tony.
It's a comic. Every death is "fake and inconclusive". Unless it's part of an origin story.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
RealRT said:
Oh, oh, I know, he's gay now!
What? Comic industry still considers it groundbreaking.
Of course not.

He's a genderfluidotherkin having his realisation moment (later it turns out to all be hallucinations including the thing about his parentage)

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Marvel, I'll cut a deal with you. If this first comic actually manages to shock me, in a good way. EX: Not genderbendering him or making one of the biggest playboys in Marvel gay. I will purchase the collected volumes when it comes out. I don't really care for Iron Man as an individual hero, I think he's boring. So I will spent most likely twenty bucks for a comic I don't care about.

Your move, Marvel.

Edit: At least if they manage to shock me, Bendis is writing it. I've enjoyed mostly everything I've read by him thus far.

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Mikeybb said:
I'd personally prefer a faked or inconclusive 'death' if they do indeed go with this option.
As much as I am interested in seeing the other stark brother and reading his rise as a hero, I'm reluctant to see the end of Tony.
It's a comic. Every death is "fake and inconclusive". Unless it's part of an origin story.
Not really, most comic book characters who die actually do stay dead. Unless they are so overwhelmingly popular that they're forced to come back like Robert Downy Junior there.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Maybe Tony dies and the suit becomes sentient and takes his place. That would be a bit surprising

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Eh, every time Marvel writers have announced a "Big Shocker" moment it's been something that supposedly changes the universe and it's either not well received or outright hated. Then it gets reverted a few months later.

Hyperstorm

Nov 27, 2013
Is it going be an issue where Bendis interviews Tony with page after page of talking heads ending with Bendis announcing his retirement from comics?

No?

Well then I think I will keep just ignoring Marvel for my own mental and financial wellbeing.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Yay publicity. I never got why people can't keep anything secret anymore and let people be surprised on their own. It works a lot better when you have no clue something is there.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Wait, let me guess... Tony will "we really mean it this time for realzes" be killed off and replaced by his mysterious alternate universe counterpart "Tonita" who is a neurotic barely contained psychopath of a black woman who also has as many different nationalities and races in her genome as humanly possible and still be visible, doesn't remotely resemble the person she's replacing in any way shape or form and is determined to destroy everything comic book fans ever liked about Iron Man. Oh, and she's also a lesbian tomboy just to twist the knife deeper. Since they can't actually write anymore they might as well try to cater to while in actuality extremely offending and thus driving away as many demographics as possible right? She will also only last about a year tops before Tony miraculously comes back to life, subdues her instantly with a slap across the face "I'MA IRON MAN *****!!!" and becomes Iron Man again and everyone shall forget she ever existed.

You know, I was obviously just trying to sound as absurd as possible about this sort of thing but now that I think about it, I really really wish that the record of comic books wasn't so incredibly stupid as to make what I just wrote sound extremely plausible.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Damian Porter said:
Someone say Shocker?

Specifically a Big Shocker. The Shocker will become the Yellow Hulk.

Seriously though, the 'big shock' will be Tony being replaced by a black guy or a lesbian, or he converts to Islam and realises he was transgendered or something. That shit is the modern day equivalent of Jimmy Olsen getting his brain swapped with a gorilla's - "CAN YOU BELIEVE WE DID THIS?! BUY THIS COMIC AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!"