Mass Effect 2 In The Works

Madrak the Red

Sep 6, 2008
I really liked the first one but my main question, as I am sure every man on this forum is dying to know...

Will there be more stemy blue alien lesbian sex?

I do, of course, jest. And I liked the MAKO, and inanely exploring the many many many planets. Thats just me, the sort of guy who walks places in Fallot 3 to gaze over the broken wasteland. Also, have you ever heard 'I don't want to set the world on fire' by The Ink Spots after playing Fallout. It sounds so, so haunting, especially with the old recording sytem causing reverb.

Anyway, discounting that last tangent, I really liked Mass Effect, and the MAKO is easier to drive than the Centaur in Gears 2. And all the buildings looking the same made sense- they were pre-fab. However, I think I would have liked more world on the Citadel and some of the larger planets. In fact, some more civilised planets would be nice, like the Asari or Krogan homeworlds, or even Earth. Nice to see it in Mass Effects high sci-fi style. Hmm, I wonder how they'll play it off from the ending. Will you be Shepard again? It should be interesting, though I hope they don't cock it up.

NDWolfwood5268

Dec 3, 2008
They announced a while ago that Mass Effect is intended to be a Trilogy. EA, being the money hungry douchebags they are, want to milk the series beyond that, but Bioware's creative freedom is in the contract; EA can't rush them or anything, so hopefully it'll work out.

Also, I heard they're trying to get a film together.

Can't wait to port my guy into Mass Effect 2!

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Hmm...I thought this had already been confirmed? Wikipedia has had a page up for awhile now...?

Either way, I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 2!

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
PedroSteckecilo said:
Already knew it was on the way, a friend of a friend is an Animator for Bioware and he let it slip a few months ago to my buddy. It's not like there was any doubt it was coming out though.
It was also officially announced on March 17th of last year that a sequel was in the works.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/14-03-2008-7778.html

In fact, the third one has also been announced.

fluffylandmine

Jul 23, 2008
I hated those load screens. Now don't get me wrong they probably were needed from a technical standpoint but at least make them more interesting than a relay spinning or the Normandy speeding off.

Just switch it up a bit, maybe make them more user-friendly(interactive).

And how about allowing more races into your party?

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Please, please Bioware, work on the side-quests and MAKO! ... and that's about it, really. I just hope they bring the same level of story and narrative from the last one.

nimrandir

Oct 30, 2008
As has already been noted, I hope this means areas outside the critical path will feature more variety than the previous mine/bunker/ship menu. If we have to keep seeing Kowloon-class freighters of modular design, can we at least get some modularity?

the jellyman

Jul 24, 2008
Actually, I could do with some help on this one. Should I buy Mass Effect 1? I like shooters, particularly Half Life and Gears of War, and I like Oblivion. Does anyone think I should get Mass Effect?

Parallel Streaks

Jan 16, 2008
I'm just hoping for an OPTION to have a gay relationship, but that ain't gonna happen. Wanna know why? If we're sticking with Shepherd, then his sexuality was confirmed in the first game. If it wasn't he could have found but one bum-loving alien or HUMAN on one of the many pointless sidequests he embarked on.

And can I just say that a quote springs to mind, "A hero is only immortalized by the grandure of his death", at the end of ME the death was almost TOO perfect, Shepherd deserved to die like a hero. I mean, crushed by a giant evil space-ship from the Underworld of the Universe after fighting a semi-synthetic sociopath Alien? When I saw Wrex look mounrfully down and start to grieve, I though, "What a SPECTACULAR ENDING!" then when I went to turn the Xbox off I saw that wait, why's that bit of spaceship moving? Who's that sillhouette? IS IT SAREN!? *Hopeful* Oh no, wait, it's Shepherd, is he fatally wounded, at least? Nope, he made some shitty decision about politics, then stood in front of a planet looking ominous.

I don't like to use this word much, because I'm not a pre-pubescent American girl, but that ending is what's known as "LAME-OH"!

/endrant

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I guess I'll have to replay the first ME to get a character I actually like that I can port into the new one.

s0ap sudz

Aug 28, 2008
Nice. Will there be more highly controversial sex scenes? And will Fox make a huge deal about it? Now those are some questions.

Jul 9, 2008
the jellyman said:
Actually, I could do with some help on this one. Should I buy Mass Effect 1? I like shooters, particularly Half Life and Gears of War, and I like Oblivion. Does anyone think I should get Mass Effect?
Yes, in a word.
Parallel Streaks said:
I'm just hoping for an OPTION to have a gay relationship, but that ain't gonna happen. Wanna know why? If we're sticking with Shepherd, then his sexuality was confirmed in the first game. If it wasn't he could have found but one bum-loving alien or HUMAN on one of the many pointless sidequests he embarked on.
They've actually announced a Male homosexual relationship for 2. Forgot where I read that, though, so you'll have to take my word on it.

I can't wait, simply put.

John Stalvern

Aug 28, 2008
I hope your armor isn't just a re skin and the side quest levels don't suck. Other than that, if they can just be consistent everything will be fine.

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
Nice. Of course they couldn't just leave it alone. A promising story in a brilliant universe with one of the most awesome new characters in recent years? Count me the hell in.

My only fear is that they don't go overboard with new characters. There will inevitably be more, maybe even some new races not included in the first, so long as Wrex and Garrus are back I don't care. And maybe Joker.

For some reason I can see a stage where you control the Normandy. Perhaps in some sort of Reaper space battle or something - now that would be truly epic.