Mass Effect 2: will it be as good as Mass Effect

razor4008

Apr 17, 2009
Just completed Mass Effect again for the billionth time and i still love it. but its got me thinking do you thing ME2 be as ground brakeing and spectacular as the fisrt one or is it going to be too similar with not many new iders to make it unique amongst RPG

E.v.a.n.g.e.l

Aug 19, 2008
I'm thankful that Bioware is making the sequel to Mass Effect (Why they entrust their game's sequel to Obsidian). But Mass Effect 2 will be a lot better than Mass Effect... four words; no elevator loading screens

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Oddly enough, I didn't really notice the interminable elevator rides..
I hope they allow the biotic/tech powers to branch out. Maybe allow you to combine them in some way.
Some melee weapons would be a welcome addition, too. Perhaps abilities like super-dash and the ability to levitate/jump long distances..

The first game was written with a series in mind, so this sequel should be good.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
I am so looking forward to Mass Effect 2. completely fell in love with Mass Effect. And i too am glad its bioware. Obsidian aren't bad, but they can't come up with the story you get at bioware. I mean, the story from KOTOR combined with the customisation and gameplay of KOTOR 2 would be epic and probably result in the ultimate rpg

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
I didnt like Mass effect, Im a bit of a bethesda RPG nut (help!), I love Oblivion (250 hours+ of gameplay) and Fallout 3 (150+) Both on the same game, No restarts.

Mass effect was too short, 30 Hours and there was nothing left to keep my attention. And that was trying to drag the main story out as long as possible. So far ive heard nothing from the ME2 direction that has peaked my attention so i doubt it will be a Long game (by my standards)

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
I`d like to hope it would be better ,perhaps a few more planets or a few more sidequests or a longer main questline,or all of the above ideally

Neotericity

Legal Assassin
May 20, 2009
If you can get a copy of the new Offical Xbox Magazine, features a 4 or 5 page article on it saying that the ending's gonna be mor BAMF than ever before and just all around good hype.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
if its 'as good as Mass Effect 1' then thats a bad thing; any good sequel should over come its predecessor in ever conceivale way! (though there are several notable exceptions, e.g. MGS4 which was more of a alternative experience to MGS3)

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
I was very disappointed that you couldn't visit Earth. I know, I know, why would you want to do that when you had the whole rest of the galaxy to explore? It's because I just wanted to see what the designers imagined the Earth would look like after such technological advancements and a few hundred more years of human habitation.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I think it will be better. But that teaser trailer still has me in wtf mode...
heck, id buy mass effect again, next chance i get (mine broke after i lent it to a friend)

Jul 9, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
No.
It will be better.
E.v.a.n.g.e.l said:
I'm thankful that Bioware is making the sequel to Mass Effect (Why they entrust their game's sequel to Obsidian). But Mass Effect 2 will be a lot better than Mass Effect... four words; no elevator loading screens
Obsidian does good work, I think.
They just seem to have unfortunate circumstances that cause the game to be less than its best.
Yeah, like LucasArts breathing down their necks to get a Christmas release for KotOR II, even though the game wasn't even near ready.
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
I am so looking forward to Mass Effect 2. completely fell in love with Mass Effect. And i too am glad its bioware. Obsidian aren't bad, but they can't come up with the story you get at bioware. I mean, the story from KOTOR combined with the customisation and gameplay of KOTOR 2 would be epic and probably result in the ultimate rpg
Thing is, if Obsidian had time to actually flesh out KotOR II's story, I think it would have been even better than KotOR I. I loved the infusion of Gray Morality in KotOR II.

razor4008

Apr 17, 2009
i think as long as they extend the genral game play add a few wepons, some new aline races, new planets you can explor E.G. earth totaly with you there quiet_samurai then i would be happey. but with this you can carry you old files across what if in one file you were a biotic class and then in a other file you were a infiltrator class would that mean you get to chose which one you were or do you think it will go with the latest one?

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
I think that Bioware knows what they are doing and will go over and beyond what most game developers do. I mean they would have to design so many different ways to complete and start the game due to the fact you can continue on from your first profile. I really look forward to the game.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
[/quote]
orannis62 said:
Thing is, if Obsidian had time to actually flesh out KotOR II's story, I think it would have been even better than KotOR I. I loved the infusion of Gray Morality in KotOR II.
Your probaly right, i know they had to cut things out like the second floor of the military base on Telos and the HK factory which totally sucked. And the level of customisation was just amazing along with massive improvements to gameplay.
Anyway, this is getting off topic. I just hope Mass Effect 2 is as good as Mass Effect. I think it needs more worlds like the citadel and one thing that really annoyed me about the game was you could go to earth but not land there or any other planet that supposedly had a colony on it. Also, i think combat could be a little bit faster. In some places it just felt really slow. And the mako's shields need to recharge faster. You have enough time to go take a dump in the time it takes for them to fully recharge. I would also like a salarian squadmate as well.
I would also like to see more space combat cutscenes, i mean, the one at the end was just fantastic, especially if you save the council but it would be nice to have some control e.g a turret mini game like you got on KOTOR
And an end to elevator loading screens would be fantastic, i mean how boring is the ride from c-sec to the presidium and all the others as well. It just made the game feel too slow. And you should have chances o earn more money at lower levels, i mean come on, as soon as you become a spectre you get some of the best weapons in the game but they are rediculously expensive. I would also like to see some more of the protheans like their weapons and armour and stuff, maybe have the alliance in a full scale war with some aliens or something as well.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
If they add true space exploration, then yes. Space exploration did not exist in the first game. Afterall, their was nothing to explore. The same buildings with the same models on the same planets with slightly varying colors and layouts.