Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut ~ It's Official :O

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
Even If i did own Mass Effect 3, I wouldn't wait to the summer just to watch a 2 minute cinematic.I also saw the ending and I liked it.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Bara_no_Hime said:
Nimcha said:
Sounds great. Let's hope we get a good explanation for the Normandy sequence, which still doesn't make much sense to me.
This.

I can deal with pretty much everything else by simply using logic (and my imagination) to fill in the other issues, but the Normandy sequence is what bothered me. Fix that and I'm good.

Although... I would love to see Reaper God Shepard (I picked Control for my Paragon FemShep) assuming direct control (in FemShep voice) and repairing the relays/various homeworld cities/Citadel so that galactic society can continue on. ^^

I can hope, right? :p
That's when you just break down and write a fanfiction ending. It seems to be the trend these days >.>

I had to come up with a new canon ME3 ending to compliment my ME d20 campaign this summer (3rd part in a trilogy) because it takes place during the events of ME3 and if the relays are destroyed it pretty much invalidates the entire plot of the campaign and everything they have done up to that point. Thankfully I don't need to go into much detail because the PC's aren't going to witness what transpires on the Citadel in the end anyway.

DrVornoff said:
Okay, so the decision has come in, we're getting the DLC and we're getting it for free. Can we all agree to just decide individually how we feel about this and then move on? I'm weary of this whole thing and now that the end is in sight I just want it all to wind down and we can all go back to our usual practice of laughing at racist Xbox Live players and finding new and exciting ways to give DRM the finger.
I doubt this is the last we'll hear about this. Wishful thinking doesn't hurt though!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
BloatedGuppy said:
RJ 17 said:
Ahhh but see that would imply that Rachni Queens have an inherent immunity to Indoctrination...however we know that queens in the past have been Indoctrinated, that's what started the Rachni War. "A tone came out from the darkness of space that hushed the singers and made them attuned to its own sour yellow note" or something like that, obviously the "tone" is the Indoctrination signal. :p
Well, we know that full blown Indoctrination eventually kills you, and they probably needed the Rachni Queen alive, so she could keep pumping out Ravagers. They need to keep sending a never-ending stream of those things to the same six Firebases.

Seriously guys, give up on those Firebases already. It's not going to happen.
Hey now, those data terminals aren't going to hack themselves! Though on that note, I do agree that the Alliance should look into getting equipment that doesn't break down so easily. I think the problem is that both sides of the skirmishes have been watching old Captain Kirrahe vids and as such they're both trying to HOLD THE LIIIIIINE!

TJ rock 101

May 20, 2008
How the hell can they be proud of the ending in its current state? Breaking lots of promises, allowing major plot holes and all that illogical crap with the AI kid, that isn't something i would be proud of...

The fans didn't want Bioware to explain the ending to them, they wanted the ending to not be sh*t.
I don't see how this DLC will help much...
At least they are trying to deal with it, its a step sideways instead of forward, but they are making the effort.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
Sounds like that effectively debunks the Indoctrination theory which fucking sucks
But on a more positive note at least we'll be getting some closure. Too bad we have to wait until the summer to get it.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Something tells me it's only free because they would get a massive shitstorm if it wasn't. A pr attempt to shut up the community.

Oh well...free is free. Now if only they added more depth to the dialogue and fixed the freaking quest system!

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
So we've still got the brain dead glowing space fetus. Great. It's still incredibly stupid, except now people have the "it's free" excuse to lazily deflect any and all criticism, yet another reason to call us entitled like parrots, and another chance to completely miss the point. It's a step in the right direction, but doesn't make the god child less retarded.

Mausthemighty

Aug 3, 2011
Well I'm not that psyched about this DLC. It merely expands upon the ending, which sucked big time. They won't change the ending, giving us still no choice in the final decision. I will play it to see how the game ends, but I don't have high hopes after reading the blogpost.

JCBFGD

Jul 10, 2011
While I praise BioWare for listening to their customers, I criticise them for sacrificing their creative integrity in order to cater to people with the maturity, tactfulness, and worldview of toddlers. So +1 Cool Company Point, -1 Cool Company Point.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
nikki191 said:
Dendio said:
The Bioware forums are ablaze with QQ right now. Im disgusted by the fan base complaining about free improvement on the ending. If I were a dev I'd just avoid those forums and let the people vent amongst themselves
simply put the fan base are complaining that the ending is so out of character with the game, so broken, so non sensical that no amount of clarity will fix it short of a complete reshoot of the ending
Given that the overall logic behind the "synthetics will kill organics eventually" is correct because over a long term any and all things that have a probability of even 0.0000000001% will happen inevitably, the real things they really need to clarify are

1. The Normandy stuff
2. How the FFFFFFFFFFFF did your squadmates get on the Normandy

Those are really the only two big plot-holes.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
Well, at least now I have the question of whether they simply dropped the ball with the ending by accident or were planning on selling us the real ending later answered. I'm glad they just made a mistake.

That said, I don't expect this "extended cut" to actually answer anything satisfactorily. Hopefully I'm wrong and end up pleasantly surprised... but I doubt I will be.

deadaim6

Jul 3, 2009
As anyone really brought up the fact that the Reapers are counter-productive to their supposed purpose? "Synthetics will kill organic life." What are Reapers? Synthetics. What is their purpose? To kill organics before the synthetics that the organics built kill them. How does that make any sense, at all?

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
A part of this is good and all, but I can't be the only one thinking, "great, something else I can watch on YouTube. Awesome."

I feel like this is a poor attempt at pacification that will, sadly, probably work. I can say for sure that I won't be buying any additional ME3 DLC, and any new BioWare games will be bought once the price drops significantly. Or used. Probably used.

That and my eternal hatred for EA will continue to burn brighter than the fires of a thousand suns. But that's nothing new.

Joseph Alexander

Jul 22, 2011
soo... were still stuck with the idiotic "pick your color" bullshit?
if so, no thanks. I'll just buy something that doesn't make me want to turn into the hulk.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
Ilikemilkshake said:
Antitonic said:
I note an asterisk on the "no extra charge" part. Maybe it's not as free as we think...?
http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20120405005304&newsLang=en

It stops being free in 2014 for some reason...
They will likely package it with the game on a GOTY edition by 2014.