Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, Ending DLC Details Leak

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, Ending DLC Details Leak

The person who leaked "Rebellion" details strikes again.

About a month ago, a Redditor by the name of "derptemp6698" twofer [http://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/svwpo/info_on_next_mp_dlc/], teasing details about the "Earth" multiplayer DLC as well as the free "Extended Cut" that BioWare hopes will soothe angry feelings over the ME3 ending.

About "Earth," he writes that the battle against the Reapers will be coming to three cities right here on Terra Firma:

[blockquote]The fighting is fiercest when it's your home at stake! Mass Effect 3™: Earth adds mods, gear, and new maps for Rio, Vancouver, and London. It features 3 new weapons: Piranha assault shotgun, Acolyte pistol, and Typhoon light machine gun. Six new human N7 classes are also available: Destroyer, Paladin, Demolisher, Slayer, Shadow, and Fury![/blockquote]

While I'm sure Mass Effect players are more concerned with details of the ending DLC, it's a bit more scant:

[blockquote]An expanded ending for Mass Effect 3. Additional scenes and an extended epilogue reveal the impact of Shepard's choices on the future of the galaxy.[/blockquote]

There's really no new information there, but the informant says that it's "it's at least done." So hopefully, this is something that ME3 fans can look forward to sooner rather than later.

Source: Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/usv0c/multiplayer_dlc_leak_round_2_going_to_believe_me/]

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
By the sounds of it, they'll only be unfucking the ending halfway. It fits with everything else that has been said thus far.

*sigh*

Well... better than nothing. Half fucked is better than entirely fucked I suppose.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
eh, at this point I really don't care.

Bioware you burned your boat..... in fact you blew them up in a nuclear explosion, and the bridge you were building got destroyed by a immense attack from all the people you pissed off.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Nothing less than a total rewrite of the ending will save it Bioware, hopefully you see that?

That said, new stuff for MP is always welcome.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Hmm, I think I actually saw the Typhoon light machine gun. In the mission were Cerebus tries to take over the Citadel, you can see it at one point in a locked room and you can get close enough that it's name and interact button comes up, but you can't pick it up, I thought there was some kind of secret to opening it, but I guess you have to wait until the DLC comes out.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Well by the looks of it, Indoctrination is out the window. Funny, because it would have been an easy out for Bioware. Either they really intended on that shit ending, or they're massively incompetent.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
I still don't know why they won't add the new weapons, skills and maps as N7 missions to SP.

Haven't touched the game since the first MP DLC, but those new weapons were fun and I would love to use them on Shepard.

P.s.: I know you can edit the weapons into SP, but it isn't my point.

FogHornG36 said:
Whats a Paladin?
Your knowledge of the land shall be great!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Oh cool, more multiplayer stuff.
Huh? Ending too? That's cool, I guess. Kind of forgot about that around about when there was only one or two threads on the first page of the forums about it.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I haven't touched ME3 in a long while. The new ending will have to pull some miraculous bullshit out of its ass to ever make me care about the franchise ever again. I just restarted my Skyrim binge thanks to Dawnguard hype anyway.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Ugh...leaks. The thing partially responsible for the ending we got in the first place.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
So much complaining about the ending. I havn't played it yet so I don't see why people are angry, but the actual reasonable complaints I've heard seem like they may be fixed.
Hopefully this comes out soon so I can finally play ME3. I didn't want to get it until the Extended Cut came out as I have no way to get the DLC online and as such I would be stuck with the 'bad' ending everyone seems to be in an uproar over (which I doubt is really that bad, but I'd rather not take my chances)

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
GothmogII said:
Hmm, I think I actually saw the Typhoon light machine gun. In the mission were Cerebus tries to take over the Citadel, you can see it at one point in a locked room and you can get close enough that it's name and interact button comes up, but you can't pick it up, I thought there was some kind of secret to opening it, but I guess you have to wait until the DLC comes out.
That was the Talon gun, you could unlock it by opening the door via a console in the room next to it.