Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, Ending DLC Details Leak

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
blalien said:
Wow, never seen so many people complain over free stuff before.
And here we have the primary counterargument distilled into one nice little sentence. It's free, therefore it's has to be good and we shouldn't criticize or say anything mean. Never mind that it completely misses the point about the ending, it's free. Never mind that multiplayer is specifically designed to push people towards buying booster packs with real money, and every time new stuff comes out it makes it harder and harder to get specific things due to the convoluted unlock system, it's free. I kneel before you in supplication Bioware, ever grateful for whatever shit leaks out of your anus onto my face. After all, it's free.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
I'm honestly not expecting much from this ending. I feel as though they'll try to please everyone by resolving a shit load of side plots or giving ever person ever a satisfying conclusion in way too short a time, and it will feel rush. That's just a guess anyway.

I probably wouldn't be happy with the ending unless they completely rewrote it anyway, which they insist they didn't do, so I wasn't expecting much to begin with.

FogHornG36 said:
Whats a Paladin?
I'm... not entirely sure!

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
GameChanger said:
GothmogII said:
Hmm, I think I actually saw the Typhoon light machine gun. In the mission were Cerebus tries to take over the Citadel, you can see it at one point in a locked room and you can get close enough that it's name and interact button comes up, but you can't pick it up, I thought there was some kind of secret to opening it, but I guess you have to wait until the DLC comes out.
That was the Talon gun, you could unlock it by opening the door via a console in the room next to it.
Ah okay. My mistake. x)

Like hell I'm playing through again just to get it haha.

Diana Kingston-Gabai

Aug 3, 2010
Well, if the Extended Cut is done, then it's done. It'll either repair at least some of the damage or make things worse - I don't think I'd be exaggerating to say that this is very nearly the last bit of goodwill BioWare has left. If they squander it, more's the pity.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Chairman Miaow said:
This sound like absolute bollocks. Six more humans? No thanks.
My thoughts exactly. We already have plenty of humans! What we need is more aliens. They're more interesting anyway. As for the new DLC weapons... Give them to us in single player too.

Honestly, I just want new single player stuff, besides the Extended Cut, so that way I can play through the campaign again with more interest. I can always ignore the ending. Its fortunately (and unfortunately) easy to ignore for me. Just... The new guns, maybe a new squadmate or two, more missions, more armor. And, preferably, extended romance scenes. Which include an actual rendered face for Tali, and more than just casual-hour Garrus after the shitty survivors remorse nightmare.

I'm serious, I hate that dumbass kid, and afterwards my Femshep is treated to Garrus, fully-clothed and looking like he ought to have a fez on and a Varren at his feet? Thats ridiculous.

(On a side note, someone needs to get on that, make a picture of Garrus in a smoking jacket, fez, and Urz right in front of him. Thats just begging to be done.)

Nelson Alonso

Jun 11, 2012
I liked the ending it was just abrupt and I'm glad people lobbied for more. More story ME makes me happy. Not much into the MP. I hear they are making Mass Effect 4 for the next generation consoles. No Commander Shepard but I hope the story kicks ass again.

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
The Last Nomad said:
Fr said:
anc[is]
blalien said:
And here we have the primary counterargument distilled into one nice little sentence. It's free, therefore it's has to be good and we shouldn't criticize or say anything mean. Never mind that it completely misses the point about the ending, it's free. Never mind that multiplayer is specifically designed to push people towards buying booster packs with real money, and every time new stuff comes out it makes it harder and harder to get specific things due to the convoluted unlock system, it's free. I kneel before you in supplication Bioware, ever grateful for whatever shit leaks out of your anus onto my face. After all, it's free.
Its takes a certain level of asshole to complain about free things but it takes a whole other level to attempt to put down somebody who merely points out the fact that a lot of people are complaining, especially when they don't say whether or not they agree with the complainers.
Well said, Last Nomad. I don't think free stuff is automatically immune to criticism, but I think people should actually experience the content before they criticize it. And even if this content turns out to be absolutely horrid, it does not affect you in any way if you choose not to use it. If the content turns out to suck, then by all means go nuts. But just reflect on how great your life must be going if this is the one issue that drives you to unbridled rage.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah, they've said already they had planned to make the ending cutscene act different depending on whether Shepherd chose this or that. So that part is no surprise, we know what's it's store, let's see what they do with the ending itself.

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
Innegativeion said:
I'm honestly not expecting much from this ending. I feel as though they'll try to please everyone by resolving a shit load of side plots or giving ever person ever a satisfying conclusion in way too short a time, and it will feel rush. That's just a guess anyway.

I probably wouldn't be happy with the ending unless they completely rewrote it anyway, which they insist they didn't do, so I wasn't expecting much to begin with.

FogHornG36 said:
Whats a Paladin?
A Giant, Evil Column.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Fr said:
anc[is]
blalien said:
Wow. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was actually HK-47 writing this. Lay off the meatbag-hate, wouldja? He makes a very valid point.

You are being a tad melodramatic here, no? Being free doesn't mean you can't complain, it means people can only complain so much before they should just cut their losses and move on. The people who disliked the ending have made very valid points for their dislike. And the stance has always been "We are complaining because we CARE about Mass Effect."

Well, any Mass Effect fan who cares about the franchise is going to let Bioware fire their shot and deliver the DLC BEFORE judging it as crap. Being free shouldn't be the thing stopping people from complaining about the ending dlc... not having experienced it yet most definitely should.

In what way, at the current juncture, can you make ANY statement in regards to whether this DLC misses the point or not? Does letting them leak anus juice on your face give you psychic insight into the quality of their goods? ;D

Inquiring meatbags want to know.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
blalien said:
Well said, Last Nomad. I don't think free stuff is automatically immune to criticism, but I think people should actually experience the content before they criticize it. And even if this content turns out to be absolutely horrid, it does not affect you in any way if you choose not to use it. If the content turns out to suck, then by all means go nuts. But just reflect on how great your life must be going if this is the one issue that drives you to unbridled rage.
Yeah, Lucky for some I guess.

I think The.Bard put it better than I did though.

The.Bard said:
Fr said:
anc[is]
blalien said:

Wow. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was actually HK-47 writing this. Lay off the meatbag-hate, wouldja? He makes a very valid point.

You are being a tad melodramatic here, no? Being free doesn't mean you can't complain, it means people can only complain so much before they should just cut their losses and move on. The people who disliked the ending have made very valid points for their dislike. And the stance has always been "We are complaining because we CARE about Mass Effect."

Well, any Mass Effect fan who cares about the franchise is going to let Bioware fire their shot and deliver the DLC BEFORE judging it as crap. Being free shouldn't be the thing stopping people from complaining about the ending dlc... not having experienced it yet most definitely should.

In what way, at the current juncture, can you make ANY statement in regards to whether this DLC misses the point or not? Does letting them leak anus juice on your face give you psychic insight into the quality of their goods? ;D

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
Uratoh said:
Innegativeion said:

FogHornG36 said:
Whats a Paladin?
A Giant, Evil Column.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE LAND SHALL BE GREAT!

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Okay, so the choices are gonna count. Eh, partial fix I suppose. I'm hoping these extra scenes are damn good.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
blalien said:
The.Bard said:

It is a bit dramatic I admit, it's what I was going for. It wasn't aimed specifically at blalien, and if you took it that way blalien then I apologize. It's just frustrating to know that the entire entitlement debacle is probably going to flare up again to some degree, and "It's free don't complain" IS going to be the excuse that IGN and everyone else will use. And as to not having seen it yet, they said they weren't getting rid of the glowing space fetus. Unless that's just an extra clever way of saying "we didn't get rid of it, it's just a hallucination", then IMO it isn't fixing the problem. And Bioware is not the most subtle, so I'm not holding my breath for that level of cleverness. But that is my opinion on the ending itself, my rant was aimed only at lazy parrots who would say "stop being entitled artistic integrity free DLC"

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
I'll wait for the DLC to launch before I make a statement on the ending BUT if it screws up the indoctrination theory I will not be happy.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
blalien said:
Mass Effect 3's ending RUINED MY LIFE.

It put me in such a state of weepy misery that I caused a 34 car pileup. One of my neighbor's cats had snuck in my car and fallen asleep in the back. I threw him in the driver's seat and said I was catnapped. He went to kitty prison for nine lives, and my neighbor - the crazy cat lady - retaliated by keeping me up at night, singing Folsom Prison Blues in cattish. The lack of sleep messed up my workflow, and I was fired after being caught asleep at the photocopier with prints of Miranda's hindquarters. With no money to support her red sand habit, my supermodel wife left me for a man named - I'm not joking - Dr. Garrus Legion Thane. He has blue eyes and smokes while staring at the sun from a dimly lit glass room.

*sobs*

And it's ALL the ME3 ending's fault!!!! ME3 should feel bad for what it's done...

*Everything above is a lie. Except the stuff that isn't. Which is everything.**
**That's a lie too.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Waaghpowa said:
Well by the looks of it, Indoctrination is out the window. Funny, because it would have been an easy out for Bioware. Either they really intended on that shit ending, or they're massively incompetent.
Don't expect the Indoctrination Theorists to buy that. You ever try talking to those people? It's like a goddamn cult, and they get VERY pissy when you poke holes at them in logic. Honestly they just need an official dogma and a pontiff and I think they could make a run at legal religious status.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Fr said:
anc[is]It is a bit dramatic I admit, it's what I was going for. It wasn't aimed specifically at blalien, and if you took it that way blalien then I apologize. It's just frustrating to know that the entire entitlement debacle is probably going to flare up again to some degree, and "It's free don't complain" IS going to be the excuse that IGN and everyone else will use. And as to not having seen it yet, they said they weren't getting rid of the glowing space fetus. Unless that's just an extra clever way of saying "we didn't get rid of it, it's just a hallucination", then IMO it isn't fixing the problem. And Bioware is not the most subtle, so I'm not holding my breath for that level of cleverness. But that is my opinion on the ending itself, my rant was aimed only at lazy parrots who would say "stop being entitled artistic integrity free DLC"
Fair enough. I think a case can be made that both extremes are bad. We need to understand what it was that made people dislike the endings without belittling them, absolutely. But at the same time, we need to make sure that Bioware is given a fair shake at fixing things.

And make no mistake, the ending they came up with can ABSOLUTELY be fixed with GOOD writing. Whether they go with the indoctrination theory or not, clever editing can change the entire thing for better... or worse. Never underestimate the magical power of "insert a line here, insert a shot there, here a clip, there a clip, everywhere a marauder shields." They may fail, at which point you can roundly criticize them for making a bad thing worse. But give them a chance to prove you wrong. Wouldn't it be to your own delight if you just opened your heart and let Casey and the gang in to give it one last go?

Case in point, a dude named Koobismo has made an ongoing comic strip trying to work within the confines of the ending to make it better. It's impressive, even more so when he starts pulling in audio recordings that sound a lot like the original cast:

http://koobismo.deviantart.com/gallery/ [http://koobismo.deviantart.com/gallery/]

He didn't start in earnest until Episode 6, so don't judge 1-5 seriously.