Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Review

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Review

Mass Effect 3's cooperative mode is a surprisingly solid multiplayer experience.

Read Full Article

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
Nice review.

It still felt tacked on to me. I guess new things are always good, but still seemed like a quick dash to say, "Our game has multiplayer now too!"

BeastofShadow

Jun 29, 2009
I'm defiantly in the category of it not sitting right with me. I don't have a gold account on my Xbox anymore (I play pretty much exclusively story driven games) so I can't get the full single player experience because I can't play multiplayer? That doesn't sit right with me at all.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
One of the laggiest pieces of, I have ever played. It rivals metal gear online and Crysis 2 in terms of lagginess, which isn't helped by how many americans play it.

I found myself pressing charge at least 7 times (no exaggeration) before it would actually work on an enemy in front of me, out of cover, in full LoS.

You can get the full single player experience without it, you don't need it to get the best endings.

If you're not american, give it a pass.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
BeastofShadow said:
I'm defiantly in the category of it not sitting right with me. I don't have a gold account on my Xbox anymore (I play pretty much exclusively story driven games) so I can't get the full single player experience because I can't play multiplayer? That doesn't sit right with me at all.
Except that's not true. It's been stated so many times I'm not sure what else to say, other than you can still experience the full single player game without touching the multiplayer.

There have been many topics and news stories on this very site about that.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Okay, so it helps the single player, but isn't a necessity? When I get it, I suppose I could spend some time on it, it looks fun.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Radoh said:
Okay, so it helps the single player, but isn't a necessity? When I get it, I suppose I could spend some time on it, it looks fun.
No it's not, it just can make it so you don't need to get as many Military Assests, which are already sooo easy to get.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Multiplayer would be awesome, except for the fact that there's no local splitscreen. You have to be on Live or Origin, which is frustrating. Why can't I just play the game in my living room, on my couch, with my friends?

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
18.99PlusTip said:
Radoh said:
Actually...that statement is misleading. Some might call it a lie.

Someone did the math on the war assets in the game...so...

..I can't say I saw this myself: so take it with a grain of salt.

There are a potential 8000 War assets in the game if you do EVERYTHING.

You need 5000 for the "good" end.

If you don't play multiplayer your Readiness multiplier stays at 50%:
Meaning you get only 4000 points.

And thus you CANNOT get the best ending without playing Multiplayer.

I'm curious if the reviewer even checked this or he just trusted Bioware isn't lying.
So rather than check your own information, you come here to inform me that it is impossible to do without the multiplayer which flies in the face of people who have done it.
Has it occurred to you that the fifty percent multiplier is actually a multiplier, as in, it boosts your war assets as opposed to reducing it?

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
18.99PlusTip said:
Radoh said:
18.99PlusTip said:
Radoh said:

I'm curious if the reviewer even checked this or he just trusted Bioware isn't lying.
So rather than check your own information, you come here to inform me that it is impossible to do without the multiplayer which flies in the face of people who have done it.
Has it occurred to you that the fifty percent multiplier is actually a multiplier, as in, it boosts your war assets as opposed to reducing it?
Don't get your jimmies in a rustle.

I did say citation was needed and that you need to take it with a grain of salt.
My Jimmies are most certainly not in a rustle!
I did take it with a grain of salt, as made clear by my questioning of it, I just don't like it when people bring hearsay into a discussion and make a supposition that the person doing the review as part of their job must be wrong because of it.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
18.99PlusTip said:
I don't think you understand the Galactic Readiness. It doesn't make it so you can get more assests, it makes it so you don't need as many to get the better ending.

Sushewakka

Jul 4, 2011
Radoh said:
18.99PlusTip said:
Radoh said:
18.99PlusTip said:
Radoh said:

Don't get your jimmies in a rustle.

I did say citation was needed and that you need to take it with a grain of salt.
My Jimmies are most certainly not in a rustle!
I did take it with a grain of salt, as made clear by my questioning of it, I just don't like it when people bring hearsay into a discussion and make a supposition that the person doing the review as part of their job must be wrong because of it.
Here's some discussion about this theme going on:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/347/index/9693363/1
So far, no proof has been produced that the best ending can be reached by single player alone. Several completionist runs have been completed, staying shy of 4000K. So either there's no wiggle room to reach the "best" ending, or that MP isn't needed was a bald-faced lie to push sales.

Dec 14, 2009
I really enjoy the multiplayer, and I don't really play the likes of Halo's firefight or GoW's horde mode.

Quarian Infiltrator's FTW!