Mass Effect 3 Voice Cast Trailer Reveals New Faces

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Mcoffey said:
Also why is Jessica Chobot in this game? I still don't know how she got so famous in the first place. She's like the Kim Kardashian of the video game world.
Well, there was some licking involved, followed by persistent denial and lingering regret :D. And now she's a voice aktooor. Now, I don't really mind the woman, but casting her really seems like a random "let's throw in a cute,recognizable internet celebrity" move. I use the words "cute" and "celebrity" loosely of course.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Zen Toombs said:
Hmm. Well, I didn't see anything that I wasn't expecting, other than only just now realizing who plays certain characters. [small]Keith David is a champ.[/small]

I do have a thing though: before ME3 is released, either I'm going to have to be surprised to learn what a fistfight looks like or Bioware is going to have to clean up the fight between Shepard and Vega because that thing looks terrible.

Im gonna try to keep my rage down to a 1 but they weren't fighting, they were sparring, which too me is amazing because it seems like theyre going to add some real depth to the companion relationships.

ShaneGunWolf

Jul 6, 2011
Anyone else think that Jennifer Hale absolutely SUCKED as a voice for the female Shepard? I sure as hell did. That's why I'm only finishing the trilogy as a male.

Mar 26, 2008
The Dutchess said:
Um ok ... where the hell is Brandon Keener? His voice is the reason I play these damn games!
Agreed; Brandon Keener or GTFO. Must have been busy with his role in Zookeeper.

While Jessica Chobot's voice is like fingernails down a blackboard to me, if she crawled in my bed with that outfit on I wouldn't kick her out.

I'll say one thing, at least James Vega has some kind of personality; albeit a macho, high-fiving, Jersey shore stooge. He's not captain cardboard like Jacob Taylor or Kayden Alenko.

InsomniJack

Dec 4, 2009
There's no reason for Discount Snookie to be in this game. Not a single one. If I wasn't the patient "wait and see if the game is just as good" type, I'd question if Bioware is actively trying to destroy their credibility with their fanbase.

Well, at least Jonah Hill hasn't made it into the bastion that is Mass Effect. That would have led to automatic cancellation of preorder.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Ok, ok, I'm getting slightly exited. Well played, Bioware.

By the way, who the fuck is Jessica Chobot? Is this gonna be the same as when Bioware put what's-her-face in the Dragon Age 2 DLC?

PlowmanMk

Oct 7, 2010
Did they really have to add Jessica Chobot? God dammit IGN. *Angry Face*

Otherwise, still sounds good :D

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
LadyRhian said:
Looks awesome, and Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man is all kinds of win. Still... Origins puts me off. A lot.
Same. Everytime I see new stuff I am just like, "Yuuup...I sure wish I could buy this game without Origins"

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
ShaneGunWolf said:
Anyone else think that Jennifer Hale absolutely SUCKED as a voice for the female Shepard? I sure as hell did. That's why I'm only finishing the trilogy as a male.
I think we are hugely the minority here but I agree with you completely. I can't stand Jennifer Hale's voice acting for Shepard. Mark Meer all the way!

DarthAcerbus

Jan 25, 2010
RatRace123 said:
Irridium said:
Is it just me, or does Chobot's character's face look a little... off? It's in uncanny valley territory for me. Had the same problem with Miranda's face.

Just looks... ugh.
Oh good, other people see it.

I think the problem (same with Miranda) stems from the fact that they're based on real people, but since the characters in the game are obviously not real, it comes off as some creepy valley humping mixture of real and computer generated. All the more contrasting when standing next to characters who weren't based off specific individuals.
But but...the Illusive Man and Joker are very clearly based off of Martin Sheen and Seth Green...and they're awesome...

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
ShaneGunWolf said:
You get that heresy out of here before I call down the fury of an Imperial Inquisition...

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
DarthAcerbus said:
But but...the Illusive Man and Joker are very clearly based off of Martin Sheen and Seth Green...and they're awesome...
Yeah, I thought about this more in depth too. The default male Shepard is also based on a real person; Liara and Samara are as well.

So, I've narrowed my previous statement down to reflect that only human females based off of real people look weird in the ME universe.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Eruanno said:
Are we (supposedly) not getting the voice actor for Mordin back, but we get people like Freddie Prinze Jr. and Jessica Chobot? What kind of decision is that?

In happier news: Yay, Seth Green! Tricia Helfer! Keith David! Martin Sheen! All the great people from before! Awesome!
I'm keeping my hopes up that they had a set time frame for how long the video could be and that they could only get just so many voice actors into the video.

I didn't like that I didn't see Tali in the video. BioWare better have made her a large part of the game as well with the other old squad-mates not show, or they will have people with torches and pitchforks at their door to scare out and punish the monster(s) that didn't make them a proper part of the game.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
I find it funny that not only is Jessica Chobot in the game, but that she's the first female we've seen so far to wear a low-cut top.
RatRace123 said:
DarthAcerbus said:
Yeah, I thought about this more in depth too. The default male Shepard is also based on a real person; Liara and Samara are as well.

So, I've narrowed my previous statement down to reflect that only human females based off of real people look weird in the ME universe.
Miranda is too. Yeah, that Uncanny Valley is based off her voice actor, Yvonne Strahovski.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Frostbite3789 said:
ShaneGunWolf said:
You get that heresy out of here before I call down the fury of an Imperial Inquisition...
You know what this requires. Exterminatus.

Nice to see some new and old faces back. Also nice to see some new footage too. Can't wait for March 8th.

The Pinray said:
My one question is whether or not Mordin is reprising his role. I want him back!
Mordin was in some ME3 footage awhile back and sounded exactly the same. Looks like everybody's coming back for the finale.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
I really don't give two shits about her character design (Whoo breasts!, It's not like both Miranda and Jack's designs were three times more revealing),and I really don't know the voice ator at all. I'm morely just wondering...what fucking role does she play? It must be pretty damn significant if she's featured with the "New player audience substitute guy" and a few of the returning characters. I mean, we already have two other reporter characters, do we really need another?

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Irridium said:
Is it just me, or does Chobot's character's face look a little... off? It's in uncanny valley territory for me. Had the same problem with Miranda's face.

Just looks... ugh.
Yeah, I agree with you. It's more like her whole... her is off. Way more than Miranda. I'm glad that I don't know this apparently hated Chobot person.

OT: It may just be me, but the animations and graphics actually look a great deal better than they did in the previous game. It's also kind of sad that this is surprising to me in this market.

Tali better have a big presence in this game. I'm now a little concerned now with the voice actors they didn't show. C'mon Bioware. You don't need to be ashamed about Commander Shepard. I think his voice is fine.

Ahh fuck me. I'm now officially excited for this game. Don't let that get to your head Bioware. You've already let me down with the last two.